• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The dates for the second annual INGO NFA day are going to be September 26th and September 27th, 2009. Starting on June First, I will open another thread (and trash this one) for INGOers to sign-up to attend NFA Day '09. There is only room for 25 attendees and so selection will be done lottery-style. Sign-ups will only be open for one week, again starting on June 1. Please start to look ahead on your calendars and clear your schedules if you would like to attend. Keep in mind that this is a BYOA event, and since ammo seems to be in short supply, you may want to take that into consideration when signing up. Last year we had an epic event, and this year we are planning some different and very exciting events. Please refer to this thread for a recap of last year and to see what's in store for '09!

The main purpose of this event is education on ownership of NFA (class 3) items such as Short Barreled Rifles, Any Other Weapons, Machineguns, Suppressors and the like. It is educational AND fun, because we provide the opportunity for INGOers to USE these weapons and see how fun they are, as well as how to own them. I'll even provide participants with the proper paperwork!

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    when you say 25 people, do you mean total? OR shooters? Reason I say that is I dont own any NFA items (yet), and would love to come watch for a bit.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Same question.

when you say 25 people, do you mean total? OR shooters?

Also what calibers can be shot at that location. Is it that same place as last time? If I understood that correctly it is a private range and I don't know how big it is.

Looks like that is the same weekend as the Valpo Gun show so I guess it does not matter for me.

Last edited:

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Last year the event was held at I believe Lovemywood's House. You bring your own NEW ammo, and people let you shoot thier class 3 stuff. I'm sure it's a blast, I didn't get to make it last year, so I don't know any of the REAL specifics.

Go to the thread posted in VUPDBlue's post to find out more.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I'm sure it's a blast

It was full of

bigcraig_win.jpg

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The 25 shooter number is the number of attendees NOT including 'staff'. Again, let me reiterate that this event is geared toward those who do not own any NFA items. This is a way to introduce interested parties to the NFA game. We aim to provide the opportunity for NFA noobs to experience the fun of NFA ownership so that they can get into the game if they wish. You shoot OUR guns with YOUR ammo!!!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I attended the event last year and advise all of you who have not done it to attend (and those of you who have to step aside for the newbies).

I brought tons of ammo (.22, 9mm, .223, 5.45x39, 12 Gauge) and after a safety briefing we saw two long tables with class III weapons. We would each load up a mag for the gun we wanted to shoot and wait in one of two lines. When I got to the front of the line, the firearm was brought over and BRRRUUPPP!!! my ammo would convert into noise/flame/laughter.

Then back to the table for my next choice.... and so on.

Targets ranged from paper to watermelons to a bullet proof jacket.

Really, it was amazing and convinced me to do a short barreled rifle immediately both for fun and as a kind of political statement.

If you have not gone, GO! Just being plenty of ammo, even for the firearms you are not sure you will like. Last year the Serbu shorty was the surprise hit and I only had 25 rounds in my trunk. And the 9mm subgun was my favorite, well next to the SBR AK, and..... You get my point.

Again, you only need to sign up and bring ammo. Take up the opportunity!

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    It would be nice maybe if there was a pamphlet made of the process and forms (or internet locations to get forms) to go NFA. Also maybe explaining a trust etc. I am interested in getting a SBR and have a general idea of what is needed. I think a documentation package would be nice because it seems like there is always questions of what needs to be done etc.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It would be nice maybe if there was a pamphlet made of the process and forms (or internet locations to get forms) to go NFA. Also maybe explaining a trust etc. I am interested in getting a SBR and have a general idea of what is needed. I think a documentation package would be nice because it seems like there is always questions of what needs to be done etc.

We had these last year, and we'll have them again. That's part of the purpose of this event.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Where is it going to be? I either missed that part or couldn't find it.

As last year, this year's NFA Day event will be held at lovemywoods' residence and private range in Brown County, IN.

And just to expound on VUPDblue's post a bit, we will also have a waiting list of about 10 (also to be chosen lottery-style), in the event that any of the first 25 lottery winners have to cancel for whatever reason. So even if your lucky number doesn't come up in the first 25, there may still be hope...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    And for those that attended last year do not fret. . . . . . we've got you covered!

Details to come June 1!!!

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    so how do i go about bringing out my thompson for people to shoot? I also have some different host for my .22 lr suppressor, and am willing to let people try it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom