• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    A discussion in a recent thread pointed out that it may be confusing to new members to see the FAQ button at the top of every page but not have it answer questions that pertain to INGO directly.

Just to clear things up, INGO does actually have a FAQ. It's a rather nice one, if I do say so myself. And it may surprise you to realize that we actually do try to keep it updated with current information.

So, to summarize, the FAQ button you see at the top of every page actually points to a generic vBulletin FAQ that's relatively useless as it relates to Frequently Asked Questions on this particular site.

However, the Moderators of this site have taken the time to collect Frequently Asked Questions and put them together in a great thread titled "INGunOwners FAQs (sticky)."

You can get to the INGO FAQ by clicking this link: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html

Or, you can go to the General Firearms Discussion forum, and you'll find it on the list of stickied threads at the top of that forum.

Alternatively, the Moderators of this site have taken space out of their extremely enlightening signature lines to include links to things like the INGO FAQ, as well as the occasional Rules thread.

Hopefully, you'll find the answer to the question you have.

And just in case you don't, the answer is 42.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There's a poem from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe in the FAQ, believe it or not. :D

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    O freddled gruntbuggly, thy micturations are to me
    As plurdled gabbleblochits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes.
    And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurlecruncheon, see if I don’t!

Finnaly took the time to read the CORRECT FAQ. Thanks Mods for helping me out !

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Uh-huh... I am a man. I do not ask directions from strangers. I don't read directions. Yet you think I am going to read a FAQ... hmmm :rolleyes:

Can I just periodically ask if something is in the FAQ... :laugh:

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    So, to summarize, the FAQ button you see at the top of every page actually points to a generic vBulletin FAQ that's relatively useless as it relates to Frequently Asked Questions on this particular site.

"someone" could change that FAQ link to point to the INGO FAQ.

(or move the INGO FAQ to be on the html page that FAQ link points to.)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is what I was going to suggest. Easily done and clickable to boot. It's a URL at that point...

That "someone" is Fenway and so far he has elected not to do that. We do our best to point people to the FAQ in other ways.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    That "someone" is Fenway and so far he has elected not to do that. We do our best to point people to the FAQ in other ways.
    I understand that. Be a part of the forum and all that.

However, it does leave some people confused, as evidenced by this thread.

Besides, the FAQ button has been gussied-up and moved to the top of the navbar...why not use it for that purpose?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    BTT.

Two notes:

1) You can NOW get to the INGO FAQ by clicking the FAQ button at the top of every page. There is a link that says The Official INGO FAQ (START HERE FIRST!!!). Click on it, and it will take you to another page with a big, bolded Click here for the INGO FAQ!. Click on THAT and you'll actually get to the incredibly awesome thread I mentioned in the OP of this thread.

2) I updated a couple minor things today (such as including links to the NFA Day AARs).

Enjoy. :)

Top Bottom