• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    "BIG" is definitely part of it. The people watching is worth the price of admission. The "kill a commie for Mommie" t-shirt guy hanging with Kalashnikov t-shirt guy was a classic. Identifying the subtle differences between the cast of The Hills have Eyes and the extras from The Walking Dead requires experience and an eye for detail.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS is so true :lmfao:^^^^^^^^^^

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I forget, are you able to do personal transactions (firearms) at the Indy 1500?
    A dowel rod down the barrel of a slung long gun with a sign on top describing the items for sale is a classic. Same approach for selling items from a backpack.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    STOP THE PRESSES!! (Yeah you, on the Dillon 550, I'm talking to you!) :laugh:

The 1500 next month will be in West Pavilion opposed to the usual South Pavilion. Not to be confused with the Expo Hall that has A/C and is used in the hot weather shows...

The South Pavilion is HUGE. The West Pavilion is HUGER, bordering on humongous.

South Pavilion:
    The 104,000 sq. ft. South Pavilion is an ideal venue for agriculture, consumer, exhibit and trade shows. This venue consists of three (3) halls that can be utilized individually or as a contiguous event space and has 9 overhead doors to simplify move-in and move-out. In addition to the four exhibit halls, South Pavilion also includes a 1,665 sq. ft. multi-purpose meeting room. South Pavilion also includes ticket offices, event offices, permanent concessions, and convenient parking.

West Pavilion:
    The 147,000 sq. ft. Universal Windows Direct West Pavilion is our largest event venue and serves as the focal point for some of the most prestigious consumer and trade shows in Indianapolis. The Universal Windows Direct West Pavilion is ideal for agriculture, consumer, exhibit, sport, and trade shows, but can also host large banquet events. Featuring 15 overhead doors, move-in and move-out for events is a breeze in the Universal Windows Direct West Pavilion. This venue also has permanent concessions, event office space, and two ticket offices for show use. This venue also directly connects to the Indiana Farmers Coliseum and the South Pavilion through enclosed walkways, enabling shows to expand in size.

https://www.indianastatefair.com/p/facilityrental/venues/south-pavilion

https://www.indianastatefair.com/p/facilityrental/venues/west-pavilion

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    STOP THE PRESSES!! (Yeah you, on the Dillon 550, I'm talking to you!) :laugh:

The 1500 next month will be in West Pavilion opposed to the usual South Pavilion. Not to be confused with the Expo Hall that has A/C and is used in the hot weather shows...

The South Pavilion is HUGE. The West Pavilion is HUGER, bordering on humongous.

South Pavilion:
    The 104,000 sq. ft. South Pavilion is an ideal venue for agriculture, consumer, exhibit and trade shows. This venue consists of three (3) halls that can be utilized individually or as a contiguous event space and has 9 overhead doors to simplify move-in and move-out. In addition to the four exhibit halls, South Pavilion also includes a 1,665 sq. ft. multi-purpose meeting room. South Pavilion also includes ticket offices, event offices, permanent concessions, and convenient parking.

West Pavilion:
    The 147,000 sq. ft. Universal Windows Direct West Pavilion is our largest event venue and serves as the focal point for some of the most prestigious consumer and trade shows in Indianapolis. The Universal Windows Direct West Pavilion is ideal for agriculture, consumer, exhibit, sport, and trade shows, but can also host large banquet events. Featuring 15 overhead doors, move-in and move-out for events is a breeze in the Universal Windows Direct West Pavilion. This venue also has permanent concessions, event office space, and two ticket offices for show use. This venue also directly connects to the Indiana Farmers Coliseum and the South Pavilion through enclosed walkways, enabling shows to expand in size.

https://www.indianastatefair.com/p/facilityrental/venues/south-pavilion

https://www.indianastatefair.com/p/facilityrental/venues/west-pavilion

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:bacondance::bacondance:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I just saw an ad on TV for the “free coats” giveaway at the fairgrounds being the SAME weekend as the 1500. It has happened before, and all of the families running around for their hand outs will make it a traffic MESS.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bring your Ropes . The parking and Traffic is going to be like a Goat Rodeo

It usually is! Last one (January?) 38th Street was tore up. There's always "something else" going on out there during the 1500. Boat Show? Lego World?

Two weeks!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Does anyone know the actual date of the next show? When I typed Indy 1500 on google, to the right side of the main search page it says the next show is November 6, 7, and 8. When I clicked on the show's webpage it says the next show is October 16, 17, and 18.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My favorite was always when the garden and flower show going on the same frickin' time. Nothing like fighting with those people to set up and tear down.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Does anyone know the actual date of the next show? When I typed Indy 1500 on google, to the right side of the main search page it says the next show is November 6, 7, and 8. When I clicked on the show's webpage it says the next show is October 16, 17, and 18.

16-18 October. The Gun Show Trader site has the right dates. The 6 November date was from the original pre-COVID schedule.

Welcome to the Indy 1500 Gun & Knife Show

TenZero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This show ought to be interesting. With all our favorite retailers being out of stock on everything it'll be interesting to see how the prices will be.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    This show ought to be interesting. With all our favorite retailers being out of stock on everything it'll be interesting to see how the prices will be.

I think I know the answer to how prices will be. And I'm not planning to pay $20 and spend half a day to find out.

Top Bottom