• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    That would be terrible marketing, "Less effective than a neck-gaiter" :laugh:

These were brand new with a carrier. No filters but I'm sure they take Russian-made less effective than a neck-gaiter filters.

That sounds like a great deal. I may have to pick one up. When my boss asks about it, I will use the "can't be less effective than a neck gaiter" line. How can you turn that down?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Has anyone noticed if there is any ammo to be had? I just want to get enough 9MM to go for a range day. Not trying to be a hoarder or anything. Maybe freshen up my carry ammo.

Oh there was ammo... saw Tula and Wolf at $28.99/50.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That sounds like a great deal. I may have to pick one up. When my boss asks about it, I will use the "can't be less effective than a neck gaiter" line. How can you turn that down?

Members Mark Bear Mace would defeat these masks! And it comes in a garden sprayer :lmfao:

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So, what does the mask situation look like? Is everyone actually wearing them, or is it like most places right now where a third have them hanging around their chin or slung from one ear?

Are they allowing those with underlying conditions to still attend the show?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So glad we got to meet you! It was a pleasure!!

Great meeting ya'll also! Hopefully Kathy can find range ammo for the P365 (congrats on joining the cool kids club! I'm still Cold War-Era with my EDC :laugh: ) Well you can find 9mm FMJ, bring spare arms and legs to buy it now...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Most people were wearing them. Not all properly, but better than I thought it would be.

Not all that different than everywhere else that's not a hospital. We have a couple guys with some health issues that make mask-wear a bigger threat. These masks don't restrict air flow like an old M17 gas mask, but health issues are health issues.

You will see me wearing a mask in the NRA booth. I work in a hospital. I'm wearing it for you, not for me. And no, it's not the cool black and gold mask with "AVON" embroidered on it, that one fogs my glasses :xmad:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Has anyone noticed if there is any ammo to be had? I just want to get enough 9MM to go for a range day. Not trying to be a hoarder or anything. Maybe freshen up my carry ammo.
    Most ranges will sell you a couple of boxes but call to check before you go.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am sad! Brad of Revolver Tactical brought over someone who is now an NRA member. I was out looking for stuff to go with my S&W M1917.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SgtMack Made an appearance! He really looks nothing like his avatar…

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    You are correct, I didn't word that properly. They can be sold at any price, but cannot be advertised for less than $12.30. I frequently see dealers at shows with signs advertising them for $10 or $12. Just saying that it's frustrating when I play by the rules and others don't.

ABSOLUTELY TRUE! This is why American companies are hard against the wall with China! They manipulate their currency to scam the global economy.

IE like playing monopoly where the banker gets to use the bank stock while everyone else uses the rules!

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You are correct, I didn't word that properly. They can be sold at any price, but cannot be advertised for less than $12.30. I frequently see dealers at shows with signs advertising them for $10 or $12. Just saying that it's frustrating when I play by the rules and others don't.

Best way to combat this is to pay a fair price to a reputable vendor like Brian's Surplus.

Before anyone asks, I have no affiliation with him or his business, but I have browsed his booth at several gun shows. He and his staff are courteous, knowledgeable and professional.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    On my way here this morning I shot Churchmouse A text as I went by his area, I thought he may have noticed a disturbance in the force with a guy who carries a Glock and drives a Civic being nearby.:laugh:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HKIndiana from A&A Militaria hooked me up with some custom dog tags, even delivered them over here to this booth. OK his wife actually made them, but he did deliver them. I learned something today, Lynyrd Skynyrd Baptist Will not actually fit on dog tags.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This morning I met Susan Smith, she is running against Andre Carson for the seventh congressional district. Very impressive! We all wished her the best of luck.

m2hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Indy area
    ***FREE TICKET ALERT***

Anyone want my Sunday ticket from the 3 day pass deal? If you can catch me I'll be running around the North side, 7500 Shadeland/ Castleton, Fashion Mall, Nora areas between 0500 - 1330. Just message me and we can coordinate a meetup.

Top Bottom