• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Final observation: This one had a different vibe; it wasn't as "gritty" as I remember previous 1500s. Maybe it's the extra room from 40K more square feet. Maybe it's because it was in the horse barn (by day 2 the gun show smells covered up the horse barn smell, fairly neutral smell except for Buckeye Chocolate roasting nuts.)

People were polite and nobody stunk. Nobody got cuffed and stuffed. Nobody shot their finger off with a 1911. Where did I spend the last two days? :laugh:

Now today when I'm doing stuff around the house something will happen there, or not.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow Sunday morning 10 AM, and I have had the pleasure of reading through ten pages of I saw you, did you see me posts, do we have to wear a mask, anybody find any powder, and where the building is.
    Hey, other than that, ANY GUNS AND/OR AMMO DEALS gong on?
    Thank You.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Wow Sunday morning 10 AM, and I have had the pleasure of reading through ten pages of I saw you, did you see me posts, do we have to wear a mask, anybody find any powder, and where the building is.
    Hey, other than that, ANY GUNS AND/OR AMMO DEALS gong on?
    Thank You.

I've not been to the 1500 this weekend, but I've been to half-a-dozen gun shows in the the last couple months. Not sure how you meant it, so take this with the appropriate amount of sodium chloride, but anyone looking for deals right now is likely to be disappointed. It is definitely a sellers' market.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    That's below MAP pricing. If I get caught selling them that low, I can't get them anymore. Makes it hard for vendors that play by the rules to compete...

IMO, the concept of MAP is anti-competitive. Based on discussions with vendors in a non-firearms field where MAP is common, it's OK to sell at less than MAP as long as the price is not ADVERTISED in the media or online.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Heard this was one of the worst attended and low sales “shows” across many states.

Where is everyone?
    I heard the same thing from several vendors and a few customers. A couple I talked to said they will never go back. I also talked to a couple that said it was an "OK" show. I didn't talk to any vendors that said it was a great show. The response that I got from several vendors that do the same shows that I do was that the smaller shows have been much better. One vendor claimed he only sold 52 guns this weekend at the 1500 (the same guy sold over 120 guns at the last Stout Field armory show).

I think the fact that the promoter of the 1500 refused to refund table money paid in advance for the cancelled show in March made for some disgruntled vendors. Sure, they carried it over to this show, but that's a long time to wait while someone holds their money. The cancellation was certainly not their fault, but it's just bad business in my opinion to hold $100,000 of table money in limbo for so long while cancelling multiple shows.

I had a great weekend at the small, $35 per table show I was at. Some of the vendors at the show I was at said it was mediocre, so not everyone had a great show.

I quit doing the 1500 when they raised table rent from $55 to $65 if that tells you how long it's been since I set up there. When I started doing the 1500, tables were $45, parking was $3 and I think admission was only $6 or $8.

I'm looking forward to the show up north next weekend, and I know many other vendors are as well. It rarely disappoints.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Heard this was one of the worst attended and low sales “shows” across many states.

Where is everyone?

Attendance seemed off on Friday, but Saturday was great, and Sunday was normal. For me, it was a HIGH SALES show, about five times what I would do at a small show, and double what I normally do at a 1500 show.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So, what does the mask situation look like? Is everyone actually wearing them, or is it like most places right now where a third have them hanging around their chin or slung from one ear?

Are they allowing those with underlying conditions to still attend the show?

I went later in the afternoon on Saturday and mask wearing was very low and at the Greenfield show on Sunday pretty much non-existent.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had never been in that Expo Hall (West Hall) but it was great. Very spacious and not too crowded on Friday. I agree the mask wearing was low but there was plenty of space. It wasn't as "gougey" for prices as I really expected. Ammo was high but so is the market right now. I enjoyed it and had hoped to go back over the weekend but didn't get a chance to.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Ammo was selling at the following prices:

.380 FMJ - 80-90 cents per round
    9mm FMJ - 60-80 cents per round
    .40 S&W FMJ - 50-60 cents per round
    .45 ACP FMJ - 70-80 cents per round
    .223/5.56 - 70-80 cents per round
    .300 BLK - $1.50 or more per round
    12 gauge buckshot was $1 or more per round and any pistol self defense round was $1-$2 per round.

By Sunday, some vendors were lowering ammo prices. The bigger building was nice and made the crowd feel smaller than it was. Friday and Saturday were pretty busy but Sunday was kind of slow. A lot of vendors were walking around the show on Sunday. They said the January show will be back in the South Pavilion but we will see.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I went Saturday, 3rd in line and had the best time if anyone remembers the guy in he shorts in front of the line just making me laugh so hard, I went in for some ammo for some friends got them 100rds each way overpriced, didn't even bother stocking up, saw some green tip @ $18 for 20rds But I did find the " I'm a lead farmer mother****er patch" so worth $5 lol and stoped at the cigar booth and got some smokes for our troops, who doesn't love a good cigar

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Went with a buddy. He picked up a ln acme ar in 762 seemed to be a good deal. Worked with a great guy named mark,matt... something with an M. Super nice and helpful.

I went in hopes of picking up a new colt 1911 but only found 1 but it was tacky as hell.

We had a good time but the show seemed small. Not as many vendors and usual.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Went with a buddy. He picked up a ln acme ar in 762 seemed to be a good deal. Worked with a great guy named mark,matt... something with an M. Super nice and helpful.

I went in hopes of picking up a new colt 1911 but only found 1 but it was tacky as hell.

We had a good time but the show seemed small. Not as many vendors and usual.

At the last show before corona I picked up a complete 6.5 upper from ACME, shoots great i'm very satisfied with it.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Ammo was selling at the following prices:

.380 FMJ - 80-90 cents per round
    9mm FMJ - 60-80 cents per round
    .40 S&W FMJ - 50-60 cents per round
    .45 ACP FMJ - 70-80 cents per round
    .223/5.56 - 70-80 cents per round
    .300 BLK - $1.50 or more per round
    12 gauge buckshot was $1 or more per round and any pistol self defense round was $1-$2 per round.

By Sunday, some vendors were lowering ammo prices. The bigger building was nice and made the crowd feel smaller than it was. Friday and Saturday were pretty busy but Sunday was kind of slow. A lot of vendors were walking around the show on Sunday. They said the January show will be back in the South Pavilion but we will see.

i tried to sell Fiocchi 12 gauge buckshot all weekend for 50 cents per round, and did not sell any

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    i tried to sell Fiocchi 12 gauge buckshot all weekend for 50 cents per round, and did not sell any

It seems there is a “black and white” kind of thing going on. Some said sales sucked and many left by noon Sunday or did not return. Others (on INGO only) have said it was a great show....

Top Bottom