• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have not been there in years, only great guns and ammo at great prices, got me to go years ago, but those times surre have changed.
    Now I can get my Covid, and Crop Dusted experience anywhere.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think I know the answer to how prices will be. And I'm not planning to pay $20 and spend half a day to find out.

If you change your mind stop by the NRA booth and give me a shout. I'll be there Friday and Saturday this time. This will be a rare occasion I'm NOT the youngest guy in the booth (I may have more grey hair than some, but I am usually the youngest, just sayin...) David Conte (AKA the guy younger than me) NRA-ILA Grassroots Campaign Field Coordinator will be at this show as well.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    STOP THE PRESSES!! (You, on the Lee single-stage :laugh: ) Info from my super-secret inside source: At this point it looks like temperature checks at entry (unsure the method, probably we'll walk between a couple sensors and someone watching a monitor won't say anything unless you are glowing red and making it beep.) Masks required, if you got one you like, bring it. No word on there being a big box of surgical masks at the door for $1. Hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.

I have no word on the number of tables. I do know it will be more spread out than usual, but the West Pavilion is significantly larger. Same number of tables as when it's in the South Pavilion seems possible.

Cardinal Directions are out the window at these shows. I'll bump the thread with locations based on landmarks such as "the big bomb sign at Revolver-Tactical" (AKA INGOer BradsKnives), the "AR in a box kit" places, the "bazzilion targets guy", US-made gas masks and filters, the guy who wrote the book on traveling with firearms (literally), and of course the NRA/NRA-ILA/ISRPA booth.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    It usually is! Last one (January?) 38th Street was tore up. There's always "something else" going on out there during the 1500. Boat Show? Lego World?

Two weeks!

It has been a few tears since I attended the gun show here and I would park across the street from the South Pavilion. Do you know if 38th street is still tore up? I would be coming down from the north, if it still is tore up what parking do I look for or entrance to the grounds.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It has been a few tears since I attended the gun show here and I would park across the street from the South Pavilion. Do you know if 38th street is still tore up? I would be coming down from the north, if it still is tore up what parking do I look for or entrance to the grounds.

I can't confirm or deny the torn-upness Fh. With road construction (or the Charlie-Foxtrot that was on 38th ST) it's hard telling. Hopefully some INGOers who frequent that area can chime in.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    oh, shoot... i have to get my red dress and high heels cleaned up now.. my normal 1500 dress, nothing special.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    oh, shoot... i have to get my red dress and high heels cleaned up now.. my normal 1500 dress, nothing special.

No matter how you're dressed, stop by the NRA booth and give me a holler. If you see me writing down your handle, it's so I don't forget to bump the thread.

This is the first 1500 since January. Senator Obtuse introduced an anti-2A bill that was DOA in committee, but he was the best recruiter the NRA had.

I think my "low-level" light is on for this kind of stuff. Looking forward to the next couple days.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'll be watching this thread closely to see if they actually adhere to the mask (insert word of choice here). If freedom prevails, I will find my way to the show.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'll be watching this thread closely to see if they actually adhere to the mask (insert word of choice here). If freedom prevails, I will find my way to the show.

Freedom does prevail; you're free not to attend if you don't want to wear a mask. The promoter is free to require them.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    KellyinAvon LIVE at the Indy 1500. This is in the West Pavilion, it is towards the west side of the fairgrounds. You can tell it has definitely been a horse barn before. But you get used to it. There is already a line I would estimate 30 to 40 and it doesn’t open for another hour 10.

The NRA booth is on the north east side along the east wall just south of the food court. The big bomb sign of revolver tactical is towards the south and kind of in the middle.

Entrance is from the north side of the building, when you get inside they do the digital temperature check, there will be two separate lines for entrance one with guns one without guns.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    KellyinAvon LIVE at the Indy 1500. This is in the West Pavilion, it is towards the west side of the fairgrounds. You can tell it has definitely been a horse barn before. But you get used to it. There is already a line I would estimate 30 to 40 and it doesn’t open for another hour 10.

The NRA booth is on the north east side along the east wall just south of the food court. The big bomb sign of revolver tactical is towards the south and kind of in the middle.

Entrance is from the north side of the building, when you get inside they do the digital temperature check, there will be two separate lines for entrance one with guns one without guns.

Thanks for the info! Me and the spouse are heading there shortly. Wish us luck. :ingo:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Masks: I have heard the promoter come over the intercom probably three times. This isn’t Word for Word but it’s a pretty good paraphrase. This is the Indiana State Fairgrounds, there is a mask mandate in Indiana. With that said, if you have a medical reason to not be wearing a mask, once you’re in here, they are not going to chase you down and ask you why.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I'm sure others will feel like me. I was going to attend but after weighing all the factors, I decided to stay home and let others report in. It would be a little over an hour drive, no one to go with and then $20 bucks for parking and admission. I really dont need a thing. Pretty well set for ammo and reloading supplies which I'm sure will be quite pricey this weekend. If you go enjoy and don't spend all the grocery money. We will want to read your reports.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Senator Sandlin Stopped by, Senator Freeman is going to be here tomorrow.

sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Are there a lot of venders there? I'm not expecting to find ammo or reloading stuff, but there are several normal gun show things I will be looking for if I come down tomorrow.

Top Bottom