• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I dont think this one will get alot of traction. Wrong narrative. Had it been a middle age male of the opposite race there would be national news trucks and politicians on TV. In a few days it will be forgotten. I feel for the families involved. Utterly disgusting

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I work the west side. I have been on the scene of numerous murders on the west side. I have seen 10 Point exactly 3 times on the west side. None of those 3 times did they do a damn thing to help.
    It's because they're underfunded!

I've never seen a "non profit" complain more than the 10 Pointless. Well, maybe the NRA but that's a discussion for another time.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    While I think there will always be murder in society and people who cannot be helped, early intervention could prevent a lot of kids from going down the path of violence (if gang or drug-related). I'm obviously biased on this due to my profession, but really do think that early mental health interventions for at-risk kids can greatly increase the likelihood of a better outcome.

Very well said. I think a lot of it is the relationship some try to develop with their children. I'm a parent, not a toddler's friend. We can always be buddies, but my first priority is creating decent humans not life long besties.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I dont think this one will get alot of traction. Wrong narrative. Had it been a middle age male of the opposite race there would be national news trucks and politicians on TV. In a few days it will be forgotten. I feel for the families involved. Utterly disgusting

If the shooter had been white, Indy would have been in flames within an hour.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'll believe the rhetoric of BLM just as soon as they start addressing atrocities such as this one. I'm fairly certain that this one, 17-year-old, in a single incident just killed more unarmed black victims than all police across the entire country through all of last year.

(Note: I exaggerate, but only slightly. According to WaPo database, that number is actually 15, though only 6 of whom are listed as "not fleeing", which indicates that, unarmed or not, the others likely posed a reasonable threat.)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I'll believe the rhetoric of BLM just as soon as they start addressing atrocities such as this one. I'm fairly certain that this one, 17-year-old, in a single incident just killed more unarmed black victims than all police across the entire country through all of last year.

(Note: I exaggerate, but only slightly. According to WaPo database, that number is actually 15, though only 6 of whom are listed as "not fleeing", which indicates that, unarmed or not, the others likely posed a reasonable threat.)

Very valid point. I'll hold my breath now......

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Chicago has that beat in a weekend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Hammer and Nigel discussing this now, along with commentary on today's presser...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Charges filed against 17-year-old in mass shooting of his family, no death penalty allowed

View attachment 123035
    https://www.wthr.com/article/news/c...mily/531-4c4164cc-2ce4-43d4-a92d-8d885512ebe5

So let me get this straight. It's okay for HIM to impose the death penalty on his family because they wouldn't let him go out on a Saturday night, but it's NOT okay to impose the death penalty on HIM because he's 17? BS!! I'd put a bullet in his forehead and sleep very well after that. And I'd do it for free.

Did you even read the article? It is not his fault.

From the article:

"Our community has suffered another trauma with the tragic loss of this family. Gun violence continues to take and damage too many lives," Marion County Prosecutor Ryan Mears said.

Top Bottom