• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I took my family downtown last night to see the Christmas tree on the circle and was disgusted by the filth and stench. The last straw was the homeless guys standing on the corner urinating.

mayor.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    At a cursory glance I thought you meant someone took a rancid dump. I guess that didn't miss by far.

Reactions: Een

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Apparently there is a significant majority in this country who wish to see this type of thing from sea to shining sea.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I blame it on COVID, usually this time of year the Circle is homeless freeish, as they are shuffled off to other locations during the performances of the Yuletide Christmas show at the Hilbert theater. Since Yuletide was cancelled this year...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Our $35 million park in Bloomington that isn't even finished yet is already getting taken over by tents and shanties. A shelter right next to the big, expensive playground is now a s****y little drug camp. A guy froze to death Christmas Eve after refusing multiple offers of shelter, because he'd rather drink himself to death and become a corpsicle.

Democratic cities are all the same.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Our $35 million park in Bloomington that isn't even finished yet is already getting taken over by tents and shanties. A shelter right next to the big, expensive playground is now a s****y little drug camp. A guy froze to death Christmas Eve after refusing multiple offers of shelter, because he'd rather drink himself to death and become a corpsicle.

Democratic cities are all the same.

At least his beer was cold

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For every 3 people who detest this...there is a fourth who's down there handing out $20 bills.

And feeling mighty good about doing it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    For every 3 people who detest this...there is a fourth who's down there handing out $20 bills.

And feeling mighty good about doing it.

Sadly though, of those getting the $20, probably 3 of 4 will use it to go buy the drug of choice rather than a good meal or a place to sleep. Better to donate to places like Wheeler Mission where the money will be used to actually help and not enable.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Except for zipping through on a highway or to the airport I've mostly avoided Indie.
    Went once to dinner and to the symphony to catch a performance of Carmina Burana.
    Indiana has a lot of good solid people, which makes me sad to see the capital a crime camp, a shooting gallery, a din of democrat chandu...
    When the wife has the evening news on that's bad enough for me.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    They tried to make this illegal a few summers ago and people showed up crying about it was a human rights violation to force these folks out ....
    I'm confused, is it not a human rights concern making us wade through literal **** in the street?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    That looks worse that before mayors Lugar and Hudnutt started rebuilding Indy up from being a decaying shell. Starting to look like 3rd world LA

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    I’m stationed in Maryland and retiring from the Army next year, moving to Indiana. I’m 20 miles from Baltimore, a wretched dump so disgusting I won’t set foot in it for any reason. They have elected democrats for years and have created the mess Balti-hood is today.

Indianapolis: please, please right this ship now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They tried to make this illegal a few summers ago and people showed up crying about it was a human rights violation to force these folks out ....
    I'm confused, is it not a human rights concern making us wade through literal **** in the street?

Years ago, my dad was the head of Environmental Sanitation for the Marion County Health Department, and I'm fairly confident he would have never let this **** fly, and he would have had the Mayor's backing (Hudnut).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sadly though, of those getting the $20, probably 3 of 4 will use it to go buy the drug of choice rather than a good meal or a place to sleep. Better to donate to places like Wheeler Mission where the money will be used to actually help and not enable.

This. We used to have a program in Columbus where you could donate to an assistance group and get certificates good for a hot meal at various downtown locations. The street people would tell you they were hungry and needed money to eat, but if you gave them one of the certificates they would get angry and sometimes curse you. I guess the hot meals didn't come with a drink

Top Bottom