• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Well with the fall of N.AM.E.S. we felt it was time fo grow our show, so I am here to announce our model engine & hobby show. Technically this our 26th annual, but our first time holding the show separate from the tractor show, but that's another story.
    October 14th (that's a Saturday) just east & south of New Haven, in wonderful Monroeville Indiana.
    We have a large pavilion at the city park, located at 421 Monroe St, Monroeville Indiana 46773
    THIS IS A FREE SHOW, FREE TO EXHIBIT, FREE TO ATTEND, FREE FOR VENDORS (a free will donation will be accepted)

see running internal combustion engines, sterling engines, steam engines, machinist projects ...... lots of well-known exhibitors will be in attendance. All of these wonderful projects were designed & manufactured by some of the most talented machinist around! FB_IMG_1690716666775.jpg IMG_0926.jpg

Food & beverage on sight.......this is a city park, playground &parking right at the pavilion
    plan to attend....this will be fun

Yes I am the chairman of this show, no I don't 1 penny I am a total volunteer

I did ask a mod ( @KellyinAvon ) if I could post this

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    4 different stroke lengths?

Guess it makes sense to change things up. Ahem.
    Atkinson engines are neat, they make all 4 cycles (intake,compression, ignition & exhaust) in 1 360 degree revelation of the crank shaft. Also gears no cams.
    Today Toyota among other use Atkinson technology.
    I'm not 100% sure but I don't think any engines were produced other then pattern drawings.

Reactions: Leo

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Atkinson engines are neat, they make all 4 cycles (intake,compression, ignition & exhaust) in 1 360 degree revelation of the crank shaft. Also gears no cams.
    Today Toyota among other use Atkinson technology.
    I'm not 100% sure but I don't think any engines were produced other then pattern drawings.
    Sorta. They use offset cranks and variable valve timing/lift to simulate the factors and effects of it without being truly an Atkinson cycle. Near enough to call the result Atkinson Cycle I guess.

Top Bottom