Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I think the opinions will narrow down to three basic groups:
    Group one: Who?
    Group two: They're awesome
    Group three: bunch of whackjob wannabes.
    All answers will probably be in one of these categories.
    :popcorn:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    hard to really tell from a web site. i think you'd have to talk to a bunch of them and see from there. they could all be real cool guys or they could be like..... we there are some folks like that here on INGO

jake

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I worked with "General" flat. He and I share the same views on politics and I like to shoot and am a real former Marine. "General" flat wanted to recruit me for a skill multiplier. I will say this, he has no military experience aside from an entry level seperation at bootcamp from the Marine Corps. He got kicked out for something or other after two weeks. He was never stationed with any unit anywhere and his ROTC experience from one semester is his guiding light as a "General". He's a waste of flesh and his recruiting tactics are very absurd. He offered me a captain's position in his militia. I thoughtfully declined and then publicly humiliated him for lying about his "prior" service. He went on to say that although he wasn't a Marine that he chooses to associate with Marines because he would've been one if not for his early seperation. He didn't bother telling me about the truth of his service until confronted. He has no marksmanship skills or fieldcraft. The only thing he is good at is being a political windbag. He always has some physical condition that keeps him from participating in any field training except for posing in green sateens on his website. Any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I worked with "General" flat. He and I share the same views on politics and I like to shoot and am a real former Marine. "General" flat wanted to recruit me for a skill multiplier. I will say this, he has no military experience aside from an entry level seperation at bootcamp from the Marine Corps. He got kicked out for something or other after two weeks. He was never stationed with any unit anywhere and his ROTC experience from one semester is his guiding light as a "General". He's a waste of flesh and his recruiting tactics are very absurd. He offered me a captain's position in his militia. I thoughtfully declined and then publicly humiliated him for lying about his "prior" service. He went on to say that although he wasn't a Marine that he chooses to associate with Marines because he would've been one if not for his early seperation. He didn't bother telling me about the truth of his service until confronted. He has no marksmanship skills or fieldcraft. The only thing he is good at is being a political windbag. He always has some physical condition that keeps him from participating in any field training except for posing in green sateens on his website. Any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

No need for any PM !

I think you told me everything I need to know

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

That's kind of a hilarious description, and what I would expect. I often wish there was a place to get real military-like grunt training from former Marines, but militias seem too cookoo, even if they have some good resources on their staff, so it is paid individual training for me.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...

That's unfortunate. I enjoyed reading some of his website. I did think his "application process" was a little intrusive though. :n00b:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Is this the same group that had someone show up here a few years back. He said their resupply plan would be to take what they wanted from others, in a SHTF situation. It was some guy representing an Indiana militia group.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    According to the Indiana State Constitution, you're already in a militia and you don't have to report to a self-appointed "general".

Ever notice how they're always all officers? Never any grunts?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My search-fu cannot find the one who came in all full of glory until a member made him explain his arrest records.

Scutter01, you remember that one?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Yep, that's it. About 60% through and you hit the arrest records and pics.

And, look, Scutter was sassy back then too!

Top Bottom