• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Can someone tell me about the Indiana Militia.

Do they meet?
    Is there a fee?
    And the basic outline.

I've read the site and still trying to figure out what they do when there is no "call to arms" if I may.

I'm interested in joining but kind of hesitant.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know nothing about the Indiana Militia nor do I know anyone in the Indiana Militia so do not take this as a direct comment about that peticular group, however I should caution anyone interested in joining or participating in activities sponsered by "fringe groups" such as that, is that you should always beware of false flag operations & always assume any "open to the public" group has either been infiltrated or has an active informer(s) in the midst.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This particular group, the Indiana militia, does not need sponsorship as the government has defined it and sponsors it. If you are seventeen or older, you are already a member of the Indiana militia.

Article XII, §1 of the Indiana Constitution:

Section 1. A militia shall be provided and shall consist of all persons over the age of seventeen (17) years, except those persons who may be exempted by the laws of the United States or of this state. The militia may be divided into active and inactive classes and consist of such military organizations as may be provided by law.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I know nothing about the Indiana Militia nor do I know anyone in the Indiana Militia so do not take this as a direct comment about that peticular group, however I should caution anyone interested in joining or participating in activities sponsered by "fringe groups" such as that, is that you should always beware of false flag operations & always assume any "open to the public" group has either been infiltrated or has an active informer(s) in the midst.

However, you can usually identify the informer/infiltrator.

They're the ones suggesting the group perform illegal activities.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I too was interested in the militia some time ago. I think if you perform a search you will find several threads on the subject. My own personal opinion if you are prior service you will be real disappointed. There are a few groups in Indiana that claim to be the official militia, I have heard rumors of in fighting and break off units forming there own groups. Most of these are just a bunch of want-a-be’s or have really radical political affiliations. Again this is just an opinion from an old Marine grunt. The best thing you can do is buy yourself an INGO tactical hat and join your local MSG.

Last edited:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    lol, from the indiana militia corps- [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Our intel strongly indicates that a manufactured crisis is being planned for sometime in 2009

also, boy scouts can get advanced placement.

ive always looked at militias as a joke. it brings to mind images of men who dont have enough to do with their lives. that take themselves far too seriously and think they are experts at military tactics. ive only known 2 self professed militiamen, and they remind me of "hardcore" paintball players. i agree with the jarhead, if youve done it and lived it, you wont be impressed.
    [/FONT]

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Thanks for the info guys I'm not joining now I really don't want to hang out with a bunch of people like that especially if you're counting on them. I have decided if anything happens I will be heavily barricaded in my house and with guns loaded.:D :ar15:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Thanks for the info guys I'm not joining now I really don't want to hang out with a bunch of people like that especially if you're counting on them. I have decided if anything happens I will be heavily barricaded in my house and with guns loaded.:D :ar15:

dont let me dissuade you. i might be wrong. i mean, its not like a street gang where the only way to get out is to die. at least i dont think it is. you could always go and if you decide theyd do more harm than good in a bad situation, you can leave.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I was a little skeptical to begin with and wondered if anybody was part of it and how they worked. I'd rather not get involved in something I know so little about.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Meh, all the advertised "Indiana militia's" are BS.

The only real "militia" left is being ran by individuals who just also happen to be members of another well known Indiana group..

I'd avoid them at all costs. Remember kids, when you join a militia and they do illegal things, you will take the fall.Think "RICCO statute" :laugh:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Yeah, Im going to be putting my own time and money into my closet rather than someone elses...I'm sure there are hidden fees just like in everything else.

Specter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Gents,

Indiana state laws/codes divides the militia into two groups: the paid National Guard and the unpaid sedentary militia. The Indiana sedentary militia (ISM) has always been in existence. There has now been a renewal of intrest in training with like minded individuals in the event we ever had to defend our homes, our towns, our counties or our state.

If you are not in the Guard, Reserves or active duty you are by default in the ISM. The only real decision you have is whether or not you choose to train now with a team and time on your side, or on a steep learning curve when the SHTF.

I am a team leader in the ISM 63rd Btn in Hendricks county and I welcome any questions you may have. Our website is shown below.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Gents,

Indiana state laws/codes divides the militia into two groups: the paid National Guard and the unpaid sedentary militia. The Indiana sedentary militia (ISM) has always been in existence. There has now been a renewal of intrest in training with like minded individuals in the event we ever had to defend our homes, our towns, our counties or our state.

If you are not in the Guard, Reserves or active duty you are by default in the ISM. The only real decision you have is whether or not you choose to train now with a team and time on your side, or on a steep learning curve when the SHTF.

I am a team leader in the ISM 63rd Btn in Hendricks county and I welcome any questions you may have. Our website is shown below.

We have had you guys come to this site and say basically the same thing you said here. Thats all fine but will you stick around a while and become a contributing INGO member? How many "active members" does your unit train with consistently(I bet not 3500)? Are you affiliated with William Flatt and his militia?
    Indiana Militia Corps - The 2nd Amendment in Action
    What is you SOP when it comes to civilians when/if SHTF? Are you preparing for a "revolution" or any SHTF scenario?

Last edited:

Specter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    We have had you guys come to this site and say basically the same thing you said here. Thats all fine but will you stick around a while and become a contributing INGO member? How many "active mebers" does your unit train with consistently? Are you affiliated with William Flatt and his militia?
    Indiana Militia Corps - The 2nd Amendment in Action
    What is you SOP when it comes to civilians when/if SHTF? Are you preparing for a "revolution" or any SHTF senerio?

I apologize for not coming backhere more often. I primarily post on the www.modernminuteman.net but one of our newest team mates mentioned that he learned about the ISM here. So I came back to see if any recent interest has risen.

I have had contact with Mr. Flatt in the past but we are not affiliated with his team(s). Right now my team is 8 active members. Getting everyone together to train consistently has been a challenge but out progress has been positive. The ISM has active units in Terre Haute, on the KY border, Hagerstown and in central Indiana.

I am unclear what your question is with regards to our standard operating procedure to civilians when/if SHTF. Could you please clarify?

Although each member is required to be prepared for a SHTF situation we are not preparing for a revolution or to take any action against the state. Right now our focus is to train as a team. As a Marine, you understand that requires silent communication, patrol techniques, reconnaissance skills, survival skills, marksmanship, etc. Some of our members are ex military and their service, skills and contributions are invaluable.

Top Bottom