• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The thing I find most amusing about the 'militia' thing is that an organization sufficiently removed to require assigning ranks and to engage in recruiting members is too removed for me to issue the type of trust necessary in the event of an SHTF situation.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    They sure look like they mean business.

Indiana-FTX-07-2011-3.JPG

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    In regard to the OP, I Googled his name and came up with this:

He is a CO at IDOC at Pendleton. So I picked up the phone and asked a couple of guys I know from there, and they were.....well lets just say.......less than impressed with him.

The Indiana Sons of Liberty. Apparently, a number of people posed a mass exodus from his group, and have quite a bit to say about him. Lots of facepalm here.

Continuing on with more facepalm......
    Maj. Gen. WILLIAM A. FLATT is the former Secretary of Defense to the 3rd Continental Congress and current commander for the Indiana Militia Corps..........

........Although Mr. Flatt is religiously opposed to the taking of degrees, he possesses several years of formal college education in public affairs, criminal justice, and military science......

........He left the IU Police Department to pursue plans for preparedness against these threats, relocating to East central Indiana in 1999. During this time, he began covert intel gathering on the UN, CFR and PNAC activity for the subversion of the US Constitution......[/FONT]
    imc_waf_002.jpg

William A. Flatt: American Patriot, Citizen-Soldier

....I don't post here hardly anymore because most of the people I'm interested in meeting don't email me here.....
    BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU by MG.william Flatt (HQ Indiana Militia Corps) on Myspace

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    These guys show up from time to time, and absolutely get pounded on here. Lol. I won't jump on the bandwagon though. They may be a bit odd, but at least they organized themselves (and that is a very loose interpretation), and are getting their message out in some fashion...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ...But no, if they can't can't keep up with me on a 5 mile run (actually 1.5 mile walk), I'm not putting my butt on the line for them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Here is my take on most of the Militias around the State...

I would be willing to bet a Dollar they could not maneuver their collective asses out of a **** soaked paper bag. That being said drop the rank BS. Most of them are self proclaimed Generals or Colonels at the minimum, with at best a years worth of College ROTC. Granted you don't have to have been in the Military to be a good Tactician/Strategist but it does help a LOT if you were. Most of them, also I highly doubt could carry their own gear on a decent movement of more than half a day.

Personally, I think they would be a lot better served if they would drop the Militia BS and become active in their Communities...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I refuse to even begin to listen to the message of someone who appoints himself a military rank. Everything after the words "I am (Commander/General/Colonel/Grand Poobah...)" is not worth listening to. You've lost 100% of your credibility with me the moment you say something like that.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I refuse to even begin to listen to the message of someone who appoints himself a military rank. Everything after the words "I am (Commander/General/Colonel/Grand Poobah...)" is not worth listening to. You've lost 100% of your credibility with me the moment you say something like that.
    Soooo....

What about the terms Earl, Duke, Count, Prince, King, Emperor....

I mean they are not Military Ranks... :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Soooo....

What about the terms Earl, Duke, Count, Prince, King, Emperor....

I mean they are not Military Ranks... :dunno:

Are they self-appointed?

To be honest, I really haven't had a lot of self-appointed Dukes trying to recruit me into a militia. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, though.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Are they self-appointed?

To be honest, I really haven't had a lot of self-appointed Dukes trying to recruit me into a militia. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, though.
    From what I understand of heraldry, those Titles are bestowed by God... :popcorn:

Still trying to figure out what my Title will be after SHTF... :dunno:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Here is my take on most of the Militias around the State...

I would be willing to bet a Dollar they could not maneuver their collective asses out of a **** soaked paper bag. That being said drop the rank BS. Most of them are self proclaimed Generals or Colonels at the minimum, with at best a years worth of College ROTC. Granted you don't have to have been in the Military to be a good Tactician/Strategist but it does help a LOT if you were. Most of them, also I highly doubt could carry their own gear on a decent movement of more than half a day.

Personally, I think they would be a lot better served if they would drop the Militia BS and become active in their Communities...

I saw one such group of guys at a parade just recently. Though I don't remember the name.

They were running a cooling station under a canopy with fans running on battery power, and bottled water gratis to the public. They had a sign describing themselves as a local CERT with a security component.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Don't know anything about Indiana bunch. But before associating with any of these Yahoos. You might want to check out the story of Randy Weaver and how he first became noticed by the feds. Churchmouse said it best when he said avoid idiots at all costs. I've always tried to avoid group pictures anyway. But as always YMMV.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Don't know anything about Indiana bunch. But before associating with any of these Yahoos. You might want to check out the story of Randy Weaver and how he first became noticed by the feds. Churchmouse said it best when he said avoid idiots at all costs. I've always tried to avoid group pictures anyway. But as always YMMV.

Randy Weaver was a vendor at a Indy 1500 a few years back, selling his book.

A fairly quiet and mild mannered man, who's only crime was not being able to afford a criminal attorney.

I don't know what I would do if the government murdered my wife and son.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think the opinions will narrow down to three basic groups:
    Group one: Who?
    Group two: They're awesome
    Group three: bunch of whackjob wannabes.
    All answers will probably be in one of these categories.
    :popcorn:
    I could see as legitimate, a way to give basic military training to people without any military experience who would fall under the "unorganized militia" as defined by law.
    So that in the unlikely scenario they were needed, they wouldn't be a totally ineffective, unorganized mob unable to work with the local civil authority.

But most all of these so-called "militia" groups appear to me to NOT be for that purpose.

Instead they're just loose cannons that aren't set up to take commands from the local civil authority, and come across as commanded by somebody wanting to play "warlord".

Last edited:
    Top Bottom