• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    speaking as a concerned citizen here.

the only way i see CC as beneficial is if the prosecutors & judges uphold the law. make the criminals pay for the firearms crimes they commit.

otherwise we'll have a bunch of thugs running around like they're marshall dillon.
    We need harsher penalties for felons who arm themselves knowing they shouldn't. Minimum 25 years for having a gun if a they have a firearm on their person, 50 minimum if a felon uses a firearm to commit a crime, and life if they shoot someone, death penalty if they murder someone. No three strikes BS.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We need harsher penalties for felons who arm themselves knowing they shouldn't. Minimum 25 years for having a gun if a they have a firearm on their person, 50 minimum if a felon uses a firearm to commit a crime, and life if they shoot someone, death penalty if they murder someone. No three strikes BS.
    Yeah, but no. No need to put Jasper in prison for 25 years because he "forgot" about that drunk driving in another county.

We don't need more laws. Just need prosecutors who do not screw up the laws we have.

Good luck with that endeavor. My neighbor was murdered on her doorstep; the defendant was acquitted, and the prosecutor was re-elected with 60% of the vote and the 2 deputy prosecutors that bungled the prosecution are both now judges.

Don't change the law, change the culture.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yeah, but no. No need to put Jasper in prison for 25 years because he "forgot" about that drunk driving in another county.

We don't need more laws. Just need prosecutors who do not screw up the laws we have.

Good luck with that endeavor. My neighbor was murdered on her doorstep; the defendant was acquitted, and the prosecutor was re-elected with 60% of the vote and the 2 deputy prosecutors that bungled the prosecution are both now judges.

Don't change the law, change the culture.
    The law as is how harsh is it for a felon if caught with a firearm? How many years? Also if they use it in a crime?

I ask because a guy stole some medication from my home and they caught him with a stolen firearm he only did 1 year in prison and he's out walking the streets. That isn't justice. Sticking them in Club Med for a year or two to lay around get fat on 3 meals a day and do nothing.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Federal or state, sir?
    State

Jasper is a known felon and was driving around drunk with a firearm? He knew better yes 25 years minimum.

I mean violent felons not non violent felons. In fact I believe non violent felons should get their lives back if they serve their time.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Free,.... HA! Had to change the address on mine because of a change in residence two weeks ago and had to pay $20. Bet I'll have to pay another $20 to change the address again in December when my new home is done.

Dirty Steve
    When we moved we just changed the address and did not order new cards because we knew we were moving again.

I stayed under the radar and never had a problem.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    State

Jasper is a known felon and was driving around drunk with a firearm? He knew better yes 25 years minimum.

I mean violent felons not non violent felons. In fact I believe non violent felons should get their lives back if they serve their time.
    Depends on the type of conviction that Jasper has.

If Serious Violent Felon, then Level 4 felony, 2-12 years, presumptive 9.

26 categories of SVF: https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-47-4-5.html

If "firearm" is handgun and Jasper has any felony with time limit, then Level 5 felony, 1-6 years.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    speaking as a concerned citizen here.

the only way i see CC as beneficial is if the prosecutors & judges uphold the law. make the criminals pay for the firearms crimes they commit.

otherwise we'll have a bunch of thugs running around like they're marshall dillon.
    And that's different from how criminals behave here, now - or under any other set of laws, for that matter - how, exactly?

Putting restrictions on the law-abiding, shockingly, has no impact on the actions of criminals.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Free,.... HA! Had to change the address on mine because of a change in residence two weeks ago and had to pay $20. Bet I'll have to pay another $20 to change the address again in December when my new home is done.

Dirty Steve
    There is no need to pay for an updated card when you change your address. Just changing it in the system is adequate. My card still has an old address from several moves ago.

But the point is valid that it's still not completely free. Especially if you live in Marion County.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Nothing changes in that regard with constitutional carry, so called "prohibited" persons are still prohibited. Reasonable, responsible people will stay the same. Idiots will still be idiots with or without the government permission slip...
    oh. i agree. but...lol.

i think what would happen is that EVEN MORE idiots that should not even own a rubberband will now legally carry their stolen guns.

i am not arguing against CC by any means. any true supporter of the constitution could not and would not. i see a very dangerous problem coming.

i am arguing FOR holding judges & prosecutors accountable for their decision to not punish gun crimes accordingly.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    This is like missing free ice cream at Mcdonald's. I paid 150.00 years ago for my lifetime and now it's FREE :crying: Was Bernie involved with this FREE thing

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    oh. i agree. but...lol.

i think what would happen is that EVEN MORE idiots that should not even own a rubberband will now legally carry their stolen guns.

i am not arguing against CC by any means. any true supporter of the constitution could not and would not. i see a very dangerous problem coming.

i am arguing FOR holding judges & prosecutors accountable for their decision to not punish gun crimes accordingly.

This is the part that doesn't compute. Why does someone who is a proper person (i.e. someone who can legally possess a firearm) need to carry a stolen gun?

(And in Indiana, post-Pinner, with or without constitutional carry, merely carrying a firearm cannot be the basis for stop, search, or arrest, anyway.)

Oldschool1911s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    NWI
    Well Duh! What we want is the Constitution honored, and constitutional carry for Hoosiers. Psssttt, just a little secret, the bad guys already carry without the government permission slip.
    That poor guy.... someone should tell bo-bo so he actually knows! Some times I feel so sorry for him..... NOT!! saying that you need a F15 and a nuclear bomb is the exact Tyrannical government that the 2nd Amendment was written for.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    This is the part that doesn't compute. Why does someone who is a proper person (i.e. someone who can legally possess a firearm) need to carry a stolen gun?

(And in Indiana, post-Pinner, with or without constitutional carry, merely carrying a firearm cannot be the basis for stop, search, or arrest, anyway.)
    exactly this. why?

it's about building their street cred.

i'm not saying it makes sense.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    oh. i agree. but...lol.

Someone walking around with a stolen gun is already a crime. Making honest people get a license to exercise a right that they already posses will not stop someone who is already willing to commit the crime.

I do agree with holding judges and prosecutors accountable. One of the things that pisses me off the most is when they use the excuse " well we didn't prosecute because we might not win". Just so they can have a high conviction rate. Ever wonder why the conviction rate average is what 93%? It's because they let all but the slam dunks walk.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom