• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Was browsing my saved searches and one on my list happens to be for sale by this seller. Had to check out their other listings and all the same bid with some bidders the same on all. I highly doubt the user name comes out to be the real Copper Customs.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Amazing how many well heeled bidders there are along with all the bids coincidentally being $9,999,998.00. I'm thinking you could win any of those with a $10M bid. :D

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    He could've hooked up at least most of the people on "the list" and still made money, I understand he's a business man. But this all smells fishy and he could easily be much cooler about it all but hey whatever...live and learn

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    all the rifles have the same solitary bidder jacking the price up? Hmmmm..

looks-legit-to-5c34a2.jpg

Or is it somebody being a butt and trying to poison the well by jacking the bids so that nobody else can bid? (at least not for a reasonable fee) IF so, I'd look at the last bidders. A clever way to jack the bids up so high using a shill account that you get the auction after the bogus bid is thrown out? (I dont have an account, so I cant see the bid history, so pure speculation)

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yeah I guess I don't quite understand what is going on here. There's no chance that stuff is actually selling, so what's the end game?

Tim isn't the one that screwed over the people on the list, whoever started the list is right?

Bizarre is all I can say.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hard to tell what the end game is, but I can tell you Gunbroker has absolutely no desire to rein in shill bidding. It could be that, like eBay, they don't want to get caught up in the drama and just want to be a facilitator - but the cynic in me notes that their profit is also jacked by shill bidding

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was very surprised the other day when a friend told me he would not deal with Copper Custom because of the BS they gave him. I did not ask for details because I have heard from many here that have reported good dealings with them.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    You would think gb would just close those auctions. They must know they won't collect there fee.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You would think gb would just close those auctions. They must know they won't collect there fee.
    Ive never dealth with GB. On other sites if the winner is DQ'd, the next highest bidder is granted the sale. Is that how this works, or does the auction get voided and the seller has to relist it?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yeah I guess I don't quite understand what is going on here. There's no chance that stuff is actually selling, so what's the end game?

Tim isn't the one that screwed over the people on the list, whoever started the list is right?

Bizarre is all I can say.
    No tim is and used copper to do it. Even jim fuller called him out on it. The guys who worked years getting it lined up got undermined by tim who used trident to import who then sold exclusively to Tim and cc who charged close to 3k more than what the exporter wanted them sold here for. Literally the guy overseas who worked to get them here turned down other importers who wanted to charge less to the guys on the list who spent years building the deal.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ive never dealth with GB. On other sites if the winner is DQ'd, the next highest bidder is granted the sale. Is that how this works, or does the auction get voided and the seller has to relist it?
    I asked about one of the 3rd gens they have up and was told the highest legit bidder will win and if they refuse then they would contact me to set up a sale as they don't plan on relisting.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Hard to tell what the end game is, but I can tell you Gunbroker has absolutely no desire to rein in shill bidding. It could be that, like eBay, they don't want to get caught up in the drama and just want to be a facilitator - but the cynic in me notes that their profit is also jacked by shill bidding
    The end game is a campaign against Tim for gouging less than a month after making a video about how terrible gougers were.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    all the rifles have the same solitary bidder jacking the price up? Hmmmm..

looks-legit-to-5c34a2.jpg

Or is it somebody being a butt and trying to poison the well by jacking the bids so that nobody else can bid? (at least not for a reasonable fee) IF so, I'd look at the last bidders. A clever way to jack the bids up so high using a shill account that you get the auction after the bogus bid is thrown out? (I dont have an account, so I cant see the bid history, so pure speculation)
    There are about 20 accounts that ran up to where they are.

Top Bottom