• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I don't know anything about these rifles or the drama involved, what I do know is this-

My brother, a friend of ours and myself have bought numerous guns from CC. We've always been treated fairly, they would deal on prices, and we're friendly.

YMMV, but this is what I have witnessed.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I don't know anything about these rifles or the drama involved, what I do know is this-

My brother, a friend of ours and myself have bought numerous guns from CC. We've always been treated fairly, they would deal on prices, and we're friendly.

YMMV, but this is what I have witnessed.
    My only issue with them is pretty minor, but it did make me really mad at the time. I ordered a suppressor through them. After the year it took the ATF to approve it, CC made me do another background check that isn't necessary before they would give it to me.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    My only issue with them is pretty minor, but it did make me really mad at the time. I ordered a suppressor through them. After the year it took the ATF to approve it, CC made me do another background check that isn't necessary before they would give it to me.
    It's from the local ATF, I've done plenty of times through different SOT's after stamps were approved.

One particular place was USDS in Greenwood. I used them few times for Class 3 transfers. I bought 2 YHM cans when they were on clearance. First one came back, I went to pick it up, 4473 only filled, and filed. 2 weeks later, the 2nd stamp came in, went there, filled out 4473, and they actually ran it. I was told after an ATF audit, they had to run through 4473 for all non-individual Form 1 and Form 4. That was from 5 years ago, pre-41F.
    I used the same trust bought anther can from ACME Sports in Seymore, they had different inspector, just fill and file 4473.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Copper Custom is being forced by feg to honor the list and sell the next 50 at 6800 the people who laid the foundation for this import.

From no list, to we did this all by ourselves, to there is a list, to feg forcing them to abide by the list that feg showed them before importing. What a saga

MAC has lost the rest of his credibility with the social media crowd. As if his fb being nothing but affiliate links by Mrs mac hadn't done enough to hurt his credibility.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Copper Custom is being forced by feg to honor the list and sell the next 50 at 6800 the people who laid the foundation for this import.

From no list, to we did this all by ourselves, to there is a list, to feg forcing them to abide by the list that feg showed them before importing. What a saga

MAC has lost the rest of his credibility with the social media crowd. As if his fb being nothing but affiliate links by Mrs mac hadn't done enough to hurt his credibility.
    Any links on this?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Do you have a link to something showing FEG making Copper Customs honor the list?

I really have no idea how FEG could even manage to do that.

Scooped by BT

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Do you have a link to something showing FEG making Copper Customs honor the list?

I really have no idea how FEG could even manage to do that.

Scooped by BT
    Feg can control who gets the next batches of rifles. They don't have to let trident import them, they can also include a rider saying who the importer can wholesale them too. Look at the zenith debacle. Feg has the ultimate say by controlling who they approve to work the import.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Feg can control who gets the next batches of rifles. They don't have to let trident import them, they can also include a rider saying who the importer can wholesale them too. Look at the zenith debacle. Feg has the ultimate say by controlling who they approve to work the import.
    I know they don't have to let Trident import future product, but have no idea how they could force CC on the rifles CC already has. Unless you're saying that threatening changes in the future is what will change their mind. That's I could possibly see

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I know they don't have to let Trident import future product, but have no idea how they could force CC on the rifles CC already has. Unless you're saying that threatening changes in the future is what will change their mind. That's I could possibly see
    Look up zenith. They lost all their hk clone imports. Very different situation, but displays the power of the exporter and the impact they have on the market here. ultimately what feg says goes if copper ever wants to do business with them again. Copper needs to try to clear their image with international exporters. Copper could lose other imports too because of the global press smoking them. Manufacturers won't want to be associated with an internationally suspected price gouging pariah.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wonder how many AK Forum members that were supposedly on the list are gonna actually purchase these now?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Wonder how many AK Forum members that were supposedly on the list are gonna actually purchase these now?
    They at least deserve their chance, and feg says they were supposed to have had the first chance at a discounted rate. It's about 1800 over what the group was expecting, but I would imagine at least 25 of the 50 go to listers

Top Bottom