• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Probably insanity, as usual, prevents them from wise decisions.

This is the party of ...
    CNN_Mostly_Peaceful_Protests_Banner.jpg
    Which elected Democrat official planned, or participated in this (or similar) event? You can have issue with the media's reporting on these events, but to place blame at the feet of the Democrats as if they've condoned these events simply isn't factual.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So it seems one of the many "benefits" the Dems are seeking out of impeaching along with the Senate conviction is to make sure that Trump cannot run for office in 2024. Looking at this November's election it would seem as though having Trump on the ticket in 2024 would be a huge bonus for the Dems. Trump didn't lose because Biden was a dynamic candidate that made voters get out of their basement and walk to their mailbox to vote, Biden won because of the hatred for Trump and the vote him out inertia.

Why would the Dems want to keep their best vote getter off the ballot in 2024?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Which elected Democrat official planned, or participated in this (or similar) event? You can have issue with the media's reporting on these events, but to place blame at the feet of the Democrats as if they've condoned these events simply isn't factual.
    Define “participated”. Quite a few spoke about continuing the riots, bailing out “protesters” who were arrested, and order police to stand down and let it happen. I’d call that participating, and MUCH worse than Trump telling people to peacefully march to the Capitol building.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Elected democrats have been arrested at the protests this summer. Surprised you don't remember. I don't really think you want to go down that road, making those comparisons, because your memory, or lack thereof, of this summer's protests might make your position look a bit biased should all the facts be laid on the table.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    So it seems one of the many "benefits" the Dems are seeking out of impeaching along with the Senate conviction is to make sure that Trump cannot run for office in 2024. Looking at this November's election it would seem as though having Trump on the ticket in 2024 would be a huge bonus for the Dems. Trump didn't lose because Biden was a dynamic candidate that made voters get out of their basement and walk to their mailbox to vote, Biden won because of the hatred for Trump and the vote him out inertia.

Why would the Dems want to keep their best vote getter off the ballot in 2024?
    No I disagree. Trump lost because, covid. Had that not happened, with all the willy-nilly mail in voting changes hurriedly rushed out, Biden would have been destroyed in that election. I don't think they could have cheated enough to change the outcome while maintaining enough ambiguity to prevent the majority of the country from noticing.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Impeaching Trump is a bad idea. It will only alienate a third of the country and drive more division. I can see why many chamber-o-commerce Republicans want to do it though. They don’t want to risk having to back him in 2024. I think they just want things going back to normal.

And I don’t think they mind being the opposition party. No responsibility. They can whine and complain and fundraise off of the Democrats insanity.
    Bad idea for the Democrats, if they succeed.

Eliminating Trump from 2024 leaves an opening for someone to pick up the mantle of same policies, without the Tweets, hysteria and egomania, bringing the 'burbs back into the fold.

Trump broke the conventional wisdom that a hard conservative agenda would not sell. Even with his astronomical negatives, huge get out the vote, questionable mail-in ballots, etc, he barely lost.

Cruz and Haley, either order, 2024.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Define “participated”. Quite a few spoke about continuing the riots, bailing out “protesters” who were arrested, and order police to stand down and let it happen. I’d call that participating, and MUCH worse than Trump telling people to peacefully march to the Capitol building.
    Ok, make your case. I'm listening.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Elected democrats have been arrested at the protests this summer. Surprised you don't remember. I don't really think you want to go down that road, making those comparisons, because your memory, or lack thereof, of this summer's protests might make your position look a bit biased should all the facts be laid on the table.
    I didn't say protests. We're talking about riots. There's a difference.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    A dem member of the Virginia legislature, I believe, was arrested at a "protest" where they were destroying monuments. Is that not a riot because you agree with the idea?
    Since you probably will argue semantics or meaningless details...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ok, make your case. I'm listening.
    I just made it? That’s your rebuttal?

Again. Elected democrats encouraged the protests and riots. Elected democrats raised money that was used to bail out rioters, elected democrats ordered police to stand down in areas that were seeing riots, and elected democrats encouraged their voters to participate in the protests/riots, some even encouraged their voters to scream at elected republicans and run them out of businesses. That sure sounds like they participated to me. Trump told his rally participants to peacefully March to the Capitol and was impeached for their actions. Democrats did all that bs and was praised for it.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Again. Elected democrats encouraged the protests and riots. Elected democrats raised money that was used to bail out rioters, elected democrats ordered police to stand down in areas that were seeing riots, and elected democrats encouraged their voters to participate in the protests/riots, some even encouraged their voters to scream at elected republicans and run them out of businesses. That sure sounds like they participated to me. Trump told his rally participants to peacefully March to the Capitol and was impeached for their actions. Democrats did all that bs and was praised for it.
    And if Trump incited the Capitol breach, how are these lawmakers, including the VP elect, not guilty of the same thing. There's more evidence to support the charges for them than there is for Trump, so at some point I would hope intelligent minds would recognize their hypocrisy.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And if Trump incited the Capitol breach, how are these lawmakers, including the VP elect, not guilty of the same thing. There's more evidence to support the charges for them than there is for Trump, so at some point I would hope intelligent minds would recognize their hypocrisy.
    Never underestimate how stupid smart people can be.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What would you have to say about Trump or any member of the GOP raising funds to bail out people arrested for the Capitol breach?
    I would say it’s despicable, just like those who are bailing out the BLM supporters. So, hypothetically, if Trump pardons the DC rioters, what would YOU say.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Unfortunately for you then, some more people have been “body snatched,” as besides a number of congressional Republicans who believe Trump had culpability in the DC riots, so do a number of Trump cabinet officials, who have since resigned.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Impeaching Trump isn't enough.

Now, a Democrat congresswoman wants duly elected Republicans removed from Congress for giving tours of the Capital building. Presumably, any person who toured the Capital at any time could be accused of being a spy for the rioters and charged with treason.

I didn't post a link to the New York Lying Times or the Washington Post because I won't subscribe to them.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Impeaching Trump isn't enough.

Now, a Democrat congresswoman wants duly elected Republicans removed from Congress for giving tours of the Capital building. Presumably, any person who toured the Capital at any time could be accused of being a spy for the rioters and charged with treason.
    It is not like the layout of the Capital Building is a secret. A quick Google search showed many photos of the floor plans as well as views of the interior. No one needed a tour to plan any nefarious acts.

Searches:
    floor diagram of capitol building
    photos inside of capitol building

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It is not like the layout of the Capital Building is a secret. A quick Google search showed many photos of the floor plans as well as views of the interior. No one needed a tour to plan any nefarious acts.

Searches:
    floor diagram of capitol building
    photos inside of capitol building
    Facts don't matter.
    She feels like they helped the rioters so they must be removed.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I would say it’s despicable, just like those who are bailing out the BLM supporters. So, hypothetically, if Trump pardons the DC rioters, what would YOU say.
    Did you say that when it happened? I'm not going to search through your post history to check, so you'll have to help me out to prove what you're saying is true. Even though you say you don't like hypotheticals, I'll indulge you. No he shouldn't. People assaulting officers, breaking, and stealing stuff should have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

Top Bottom