• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think it would be a good thing to impeach Donald Trump and have a long trial in the Senate. We should hear from as many witnesses as possible.

It will show the people just how ridiculous it will be to have the trial after he's left office.
    And the trial will likely delay the Harris/Biden agenda.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I disagree

A) if he is out of office, he can't be impeached.

B) sets dangerous precedence for the future

C) It serves no purpose

Let the flaming begin....
    Oh, he should stay, on instead of biden, until impeachment is over during that long trial to give all the dems plenty to grandstand as to how woke they are...

Think Purple...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just because he's out of office and the trial is pointless and/or illegal doesn't mean they won't do it.
    (I think it very unlikely he would be convicted, so there would be no penalty.)
    They already have the precedent of impeaching with no evidence. Remember the 10,000 pages of evidence Schiff claimed he had and never produced?
    I think it would be fun to see the Republicans calling for more witnesses and more evidence while the Democrats try to shut down the trial

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    if i understand this right, if he were impeached he wouldnt receive a check every year, he wouldnt be given secret service for life, etc correct? Because if this is the case it just seem like this is being done out of spite and not for any actual political benefit.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    if i understand this right, if he were impeached he wouldnt receive a check every year, he wouldnt be given secret service for life, etc correct? Because if this is the case it just seem like this is being done out of spite and not for any actual political benefit.
    Bill Clinton was impeached and he's still allowed a life time protection and a full pension.

If impeached Trump might not be allowed to run again for president in 2024.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Bill Clinton was impeached and he's still allowed a life time protection and a full pension.

If impeached Trump might not be allowed to run again for president in 2024.
    He wasnt removed from office though correct? Technically Trump has already been impeached by the house once, I was under the impression this impeachment was to remove him immediately.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Civics 101. Impeachment is only the filing of a charge. He would have to be convicted for removal and other penalties. The Senate won't even take it up because their rules don't allow it. Their rules only allow it after Biden is sworn in. Then it is moot. Can't impeach someone who is not President.

Carry on.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He wasnt removed from office though correct? Technically Trump has already been impeached by the house once, I was under the impression this impeachment was to remove him immediately.

I think that's two different things.
    They want to impeach him and remove him.
    They would use the 25th amendment to remove him from office.
    Only if they pass a second procedure to strip that right to run again.
    Yes that's what I understood.
    But impeachment would be the first step.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I figure at this point, they have moved past Trump and would be using this to bring down Pence, Cruz, whoever else they can.

Naw, the next person on the chopping block is the American people.

It'll be domestic terrorism related red flag laws to begin their gun confiscation agenda. If you've ever made any comments right of Mao, you'll be red flagged.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    WTHR did a piece on this last night.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    WTHR did a piece on this last night.

Thanks for the link I wasnt sure. I guess I thought that the goal was that the senate would also go along with it. Whats the point otherwise since nothing would come from it?

Top Bottom