• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You sure were freaking out over it when you saw it happen on the 6th, did you change your mind?
    It was the worst attack on U.S. Soil since 9/11!! It was literally Pearl Harbor all over again too!! I mean c'mon man, haven't you seen the pictures? There were papers on the floor and everything! :runaway:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It was the worst attack on U.S. Soil since 9/11!! It was literally Pearl Harbor all over again too!! I mean c'mon man, haven't you seen the pictures? There were papers on the floor and everything! :runaway:
    Well at least that's what the dude on Wiki kept trying to list it as, a attack on American soil.

He has gotten tired of me editing the page, He added it, I deleted it. He has not edited it in 3 days, I got it bookmarked, check it multiple times a day. :cool:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So it seems one of the many "benefits" the Dems are seeking out of impeaching along with the Senate conviction is to make sure that Trump cannot run for office in 2024. Looking at this November's election it would seem as though having Trump on the ticket in 2024 would be a huge bonus for the Dems. Trump didn't lose because Biden was a dynamic candidate that made voters get out of their basement and walk to their mailbox to vote, Biden won because of the hatred for Trump and the vote him out inertia.

Why would the Dems want to keep their best vote getter off the ballot in 2024?
    I will assume that is not rhetorical

I think the Dems in general realize what their party intends to do will not be popular, so they do not want a phenominally popular opponent campaigning for challengers in 2022 and running against whatever apparatchik is president in 2024

Also, their corporate masters want populism strangled in the crib

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Which elected Democrat official planned, or participated in this (or similar) event? You can have issue with the media's reporting on these events, but to place blame at the feet of the Democrats as if they've condoned these events simply isn't factual.
    Democratic New York Rep. Jerry Nadler told political commentator Austen Fletcher that antifa violence in Portland is a myth, in a video released Monday.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/27/jerry-nadler-portland-antifa-violence-myth/
    Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler of New York said antifa violence in Portland is a myth in a YouTube video published Monday. Nadler made the comment during an interview with Austen Fletcher.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If want to call that “condone,” fine. I call that ignorance.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well at least that's what the dude on Wiki kept trying to list it as, a attack on American soil.

He has gotten tired of me editing the page, He added it, I deleted it. He has not edited it in 3 days, I got it bookmarked, check it multiple times a day. :cool:
    Was it just one dude?

Adding the Capitol attack to the list is ridiculous.
    Especially since that didn't didn't include the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the 2013 Boston marathon bombing, the Las Vegas shooting (apparently not even terrorism) and many others attacks on US soil.

Even if you consider the Capitol attack to be a terrorist attack, I think that list only contains the attacks committed by foreign groups or countries (Japan, Al Qaida etc).

You don't need to compare the attack to 9/11 to make it look bad.

Yes the attack on the capital was horrific .One police officer was murdered.

No it wasn't the worst attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor and 9/11 ... both events that lead to major wars.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    So all the chatter I am hearing about them having a senate vote after the inauguration is what exactly? That the vote could happen but it's purely symbolic?

There is no provision in the Constitution for convicting someone in that process who is not the president. He won't be president then. If they do it, they are outside of the Constitution. Even liberal Dershowitz said that. It would be symbolic.

But they may try it, who knows? They are doing all kinds of things now that are not Constitutional.

I just don't think they can do it. Plus, there would be a political price. Revenge is not something that will go over well with the American people. I almost hope they'll try it because it will be a STUPID move.

They are making a martyr out of Trump. That's just not smart at all. And it will backfire, politically.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Was it just one dude?

Adding the Capitol attack to the list is ridiculous.
    Especially since that didn't didn't include the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the 2013 Boston marathon bombing, the Las Vegas shooting (apparently not even terrorism) and many others attacks on US soil.

Even if you consider the Capitol attack to be a terrorist attack, I think that list only contains the attacks committed by foreign groups or countries (Japan, Al Qaida etc).

You don't need to compare the attack to 9/11 to make it look bad.

Yes the attack on the capital was horrific .One police officer was murdered.

No it wasn't the worst attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor and 9/11 ... both events that lead to major wars.

It doesn't meet the bare minimum definition of terrorism. Neither does the Boston bombing. The OKC bombing might kinda sorta meet it, but not really.

Terrorism is using violence or intimidation to enact political CHANGE. That latter part is especially important.

What took place at the capitol was an attempt to prevent change, therefor not within the bounds of the definition of terrorism.

Meanwhile BLM vandalizing cities, burning down buildings, and generally terrorizing people absolutely rises to the definition of terrorism. Their goals were to defund/abolish police, and that was a change of political direction. Thus, they fit the definition in the most precise of ways.

Language is important, and sadly not many people are very well educated on what words mean anymore.

Top Bottom