• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pretty damning that the weapon is not in IMPD evidence or in possession of the attorney general.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Even though a search of the accused residence and vehicle did'nt turn up the firearm there is evidence according to the PCA that the accused possessed the firearm. Did the accused deny taking possession of the firearm? Unanswered questions still remain.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To give both officers their due, the information we have been given has been of accusations by "officials" (possibly with agenda) and a news media happy to run with the same.

Maybe all to take the eyes off an officer getting "caught" shaming a dead wannabe cop shooting thug?
    “Think it's going to be a closed casket, homie,”

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Even though a search of the accused residence and vehicle did'nt turn up the firearm there is evidence according to the PCA that the accused possessed the firearm. Did the accused deny taking possession of the firearm? Unanswered questions still remain.
    Per the article I read it was firearms.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Theft? No. I wouldn’t hold anyone else to that given what we know.

Misconduct on the IDACS? Doing do diligence on finding out if it was stolen. Went about it the wrong way. Probably/maybe, place a reprimand in his file at the most.

Firing? **** no. He’s a scalp being thrown out. **** whoever recommended that.

What would explain the second IDACS check? Just curious, is it normal for second checks?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All the officer needs to know when (and if) he possesses it with the intent to deprive the owner of it is that he is not the owner. Does not have to know who is.

I once picked up 2 twenties and a five, blowing through a parking lot. Another time I was out of gas, broke, paycheck in hand, the bank was closed and walking to the gas station I found a five stuck in a bush. I believe that is Conversion according to IC, not absolutely sure.

...except the guy who beat his wife so bad she lost an eye. **** that guy.

Troof!

**** him with his own nightstick. sideways.

Just sentence him to a week in jail, put him in gen pop and let them know he was a cop. Put him on a respirator and let his wife visit him with a baseball bat.

He is required to neither confirm nor deny. THE BIG FIFTH, contrary to what Democrats it is not an admission of guilt if a non Democrat invokes it.

Is it just me or is there a troll in here.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I once picked up 2 twenties and a five, blowing through a parking lot. Another time I was out of gas, broke, paycheck in hand, the bank was closed and walking to the gas station I found a five stuck in a bush. I believe that is Conversion according to IC, not absolutely sure.

Just sentence him to a week in jail, put him in gen pop and let them know he was a cop. Put him on a respirator and let his wife visit him with a baseball bat.

He is required to neither confirm nor deny. THE BIG FIFTH, contrary to what Democrats it is not an admission of guilt if a non Democrat invokes it.

If you're accusing me of being a troll then just come right out and specifically state it. Being inquisitive about unanswered questions does not a troll make. Make your case.

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    LOL, the ever present INGO inner clique is alive & well.

Officer #1, no known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "F that guy with his own nightstick".

Officer #2, known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "Yeah, he didn't do that" or "PFFFT.... not even a crime! SO unfair! Axes are being ground! He's being railroaded to appease the masses"!!!

I knew when I heard about this I knew I'd see bias here.... I didn't expect it to be quite this rampant & obvious.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    giphy.gif

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US

By letter of law yes. Found money is supposed to be turned into to the attorney generals office.

They had found kruegerands turned in..

Realistically how is one supposed to claim found cash (does anyone memorize their money's serial numbers).

No idea what the second gun was but a Smith and Wesson is alot more than the low $50 standard set by statutes previously mentioned.

Just because it isn't stolen doesn't make it abandoned. If so LEOs could have lots of free cars, trailers and campers left on the side of the road.

I really want to read the PCA now.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Officer #1, no known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "F that guy with his own nightstick".

Officer #2, known connection to INGO, is charged, but not convicted at this time: INGO says "Yeah, he didn't do that" or "PFFFT.... not even a crime! SO unfair! Axes are being ground! He's being railroaded to appease the masses"!!!

I knew when I heard about this I knew I'd see bias here.... I didn't expect it to be quite this rampant & obvious.

Gee, it seems to me we're giving them both the benefit of innocent until proven guilty. The axe-grinding is people who have a woody for INGO or for LEOs, or both, rushing in from the weeds. I am only peripherally aware of the details, but it seems one case has little or no evidence and one case has quite a bit of (so far) circumstantial evidence

Are you seriously saying IA is above bias and has never brought a specious case against an officer?

And I believe the admonition has always been 'It won't be so funny when you put someones eye out'

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN

There’s quite a big difference between the two cases. One involves very serious personal injury to a spouse (she lost an eye!). Surprised you don’t see the difference.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Theft? No. I wouldn’t hold anyone else to that given what we know.

Misconduct on the IDACS? Doing do diligence on finding out if it was stolen. Went about it the wrong way. Probably/maybe, place a reprimand in his file at the most.

Firing? **** no. He’s a scalp being thrown out. **** whoever recommended that.
    ^^^ this. And imo there wasn't even any misconduct.
    The Officer is getting railroaded by some dirty people me thinks.

So hopefully the merit board votes to let him keep his job. Or hopefully he wins a defamation lawsuit or whatever this person decides they want to do. I wish them all the best.
    This is the time for all you folks living in marion county to start firing off emails, and phone calls, and blocking the street with your bodies.
    Ok maybe not the last part ;)
    But stand up! You are at risk of losing one hell of a police officer and that is a damn shame.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    The only real commonality between the two cases is they involve IMPD officers, and were the subject of a strategically-timed (maybe) news release.

One case is supported by some pretty clear and explicit evidence. The other is more circumstantial, and not as clear and direct.

Both are entitled to a presumption of innocence and due process.

Every criminal case is different; some are stronger and easier to prove than others. Especially when you have a grievously injured victim who is able to testify and some ill-advised but permanently preserved electronic communications.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There’s quite a big difference between the two cases. One involves very serious personal injury to a spouse (she lost an eye!). Surprised you don’t see the difference.

AND her nose was also broken.
    AND text threats were made to fellow officers.

Big differences between the 2 cases. The only reason they were included in the same news story was for sensationalism.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    AND her nose was also broken.
    AND text threats were made to fellow officers.

Big differences between the 2 cases. The only reason they were included in the same news story was for sensationalism.
    I do think it was a raw deal for the two cases to be included in the same story on unrelated instances.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

It doesn't matter if there is a difference between the two cases. Either a person is innocent until proven guilty or they aren't, whether they are accused of stealing a candy bar or murder.

If the alleged wife beater is found guilty or pleads guilty then he deserves everything that comes with that. Until then he is entitled to presumption of innocence just like anyone else should be.

IMHO there isn't much grey area here.

Top Bottom