• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ha ha. Ha. Hahaha. "Calibration". These people are so full of, um, "something" you'd be hard pressed to tell whether they'd burped or farted.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    dr-evil-airquote.jpg

Calibration Error

dr-evil-right.gif

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That is the beauty of computer voting. You push a button, or touch a screen, and who knows how the computer coding reads it. Looks like in this case the coding was set for just what we expect these days. Press a button, any button and the result is the same, a vote for "A", "B", or "C" can be calibrated to always be "A".

Bring back the hanging chad ballots, or paper ones where you actually have to mark an "X" by the candidate you want. And make it like Indiana, one ID, one vote.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Expect to see more of this in the next few years. What should happen if we are inundated with voter fraud instances? Why, there should be a big investigation of course. An investigation big enough that we'll have to delay the next election to ensure that these problems are dealt with.

Mark my words. He ain't leaving the white house on schedule.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    That is the beauty of computer voting. You push a button, or touch a screen, and who knows how the computer coding reads it. Looks like in this case the coding was set for just what we expect these days. Press a button, any button and the result is the same, a vote for "A", "B", or "C" can be calibrated to always be "A".

Bring back the hanging chad ballots, or paper ones where you actually have to mark an "X" by the candidate you want. And make it like Indiana, one ID, one vote.

^^^^^^^^

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    How do we actually know that our votes are being tallied correctly? Short answer, we don't. Who knows what happens to the ballots after we mark them.

Well...with an electronic voting machine, you don't. However, in the old days, paper ballots with holes, those ballots were counted by locals that I know. They don't get shipped off, they are tallied at local precincts. The folks doing the counting in my home town are/were straight as an arrow. That's the benefit of local counting and local appointments...I knew then my vote was counted correcly. I would stake a new watch they were reported correctly.

I don't have that level of confidence any more and haven't for a long time. I hope they are all counted correctly and reported accurately, even if I do not agree with the outcome.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If they are going to manage the votes like they did in the USSR they need to at least put in a Vodka serving station.

Drink up komrad, go through the door on the left to vote for komrad Stalin, go through the door on the right to vote for the last time.

Top Bottom