IDIOTIC CARRY, Open or Concealed Anecdotes. DON'T BE SEEN HERE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You’ll never hear me say it doesn’t matter how you carry. I’m in the boat that think how you carry represents how you handle your firearm in general. If i see you carrying with a belt looped through the trigger guard, you’ll never go to a range with me.

Not to mention it makes us gun owners look like morons when people do that. I prefer not to give the anti’s any ammunition that will be used to point and say “see!”

It was a funny statement, but I've always felt that JFC means OC or CC. Doesn't matter which, just carry responsibly. The chuckleheads in this thread are not covered by JFC.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Ok...so maybe I'm just uninformed, but what is irresponsible about the ankle OC posted upthread? Assuming it's a proper holster, that method seems more reasonable than a waistband holster on stretchy pants. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Only thing I can think of is that ankle carry is specifically for concealed carry and it's easily visible. Matter of fact with pants like those worn there's no real way to conceal it. Just my :twocents:

epeery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2018
    Columbus
    I would agree that the ankle carry with tights looks kind of funny, but II'm not sure there's anything wrong with it though.

I'm not sure how you would go about carrying in any way that wouldn't look funny with those pants. They print like crazy.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ok...so maybe I'm just uninformed, but what is irresponsible about the ankle OC posted upthread? Assuming it's a proper holster, that method seems more reasonable than a waistband holster on stretchy pants. :dunno:

It looks like it's a thumb break holster with the strap oriented the wrong way (against the leg). I thought the "fail" was that she was wearing it on the wrong ankle.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just looked on line, the thumb break is always on the inside, as I thought.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would agree that the ankle carry with tights looks kind of funny, but II'm not sure there's anything wrong with it though.

I'm not sure how you would go about carrying in any way that wouldn't look funny with those pants. They print like crazy.

The only thing that would make it better would be the "home detention" anklet on the other ankle.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Be fair. The lone Ranger and Elmer Keith carried like that... even Coach does! The only thing idiotic here is the choice of holster
    For those of you that understand the reference point, This would be Coach in Bizarro world.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

Top Bottom