IDIOTIC CARRY, Open or Concealed Anecdotes. DON'T BE SEEN HERE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was expecting more snaps taken at wally world.

Well. Sometimes Kroger has its moments. I kinda wanted to snap a photo, but I thought that would just be too rude of me. I mean. To each his own, eh?

A few weeks ago I saw a big fella in Kroger. He was maybe 6-4 or 5. Large belly. Open-cealing a firearm in what was likely a paddle holster on his right side. I say "open-cealing" because it wasn't really open, and it wasn't really concealed. About the bottom third of the holster was visible below his jacket. He had it canted oddly backwards. The cant could be explained if it were a paddle holster with the paddle stuck into his front pocket and the barrel pointed downward and oddly forward. it seemed to flop around a bit as he walked, constrained mostly by the tightness of his jacket. His jacket fit snugly at the bottom seemingly cinched around his sizeable belly. If you're big, you understand this. He was wearing a large mask with filters on either side, and what looked like black nitrile gloves on his hands. It looked to me that if he had to use is firearm, I think it would be hard to pull his jacket out of the way quickly to access it. And the backwards cant would make it even more difficult.

The thing that struck me about him most was just that he fit a stereotype so well it was just funny in an ironic way. I kinda felt sorry for him in a way. It almost seemed like he had this humiliated look in his eyes like, "hey, don't blame me. My wife is making me wear this ****."

This was back when they were still saying masks aren't effective, that you might as well not wear them, but please do turn them in to first responders so that they can use these masks that are so ineffective for you.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I guess I don't get out enough. The only open carry I've even seen was at church, and the leadership told the guy to either wear a jacket or leave it at home. Leadership not against firearms in the assembly, just not OC.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not sure what the point of that is. Don't want to scare the parishioners? I would think with everything going on people would appreciate someone open carrying showing that they're protecting themselves and others.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not sure what the point of that is. Don't want to scare the parishioners? I would think with everything going on people would appreciate someone open carrying showing that they're protecting themselves and others.

We have experienced the same attitude at our church.. One or two sheeple that think guns are always bad so they dont want to see them. Mind boggling. (they probably think that you can be gay too, just as long as you dont let anyone SEE you being gay.)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We have experienced the same attitude at our church.. One or two sheeple that think guns are always bad so they dont want to see them. Mind boggling. (they probably think that you can be gay too, just as long as you dont let anyone SEE you being gay.)

Ridiculous if you ask me. I'd like to ask them if they would rather be completely defenseless if a rabid leftist shows up to gun everyone down? As you said, mind boggling. I'm starting to think we have a large segment of our society that are just plain stupid. You can't see the news about church shootings, riots, looting and other destruction and think you're immune.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill

Just my :twocents: and not an attack on you, but every range I've been to has hits on the ceiling and adjacent walls. Not everyone is on the level.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, believe me I've seen the idiots and what they can do. I still think seeing a holstered gun is something that should not inspire fear without good reason.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Add to that, perhaps church leadership could ask anyone wanting to open carry to participate in training and then announce it to the congregation that so and so is qualified to OC. That way there should be less reason to fear the sight of someone carrying a gun... :dunno:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

Methodists are way way way more OK with the gay than they are firearms.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ridiculous if you ask me. I'd like to ask them if they would rather be completely defenseless if a rabid leftist shows up to gun everyone down? As you said, mind boggling. I'm starting to think we have a large segment of our society that are just plain stupid. You can't see the news about church shootings, riots, looting and other destruction and think you're immune.

Romans 14:13-23.

There's a lot of personal freedoms and opinions that it's best to keep to yourself for the unity of the body.

PS - there are plenty of "rabid rightist" gunning down people in HoW.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

There's a lot of personal freedoms and opinions that it's best to keep to yourself for the unity of the body.

Add to that, perhaps church leadership could ask anyone wanting to open carry to participate in training and then announce it to the congregation that so and so is qualified to OC. That way there should be less reason to fear the sight of someone carrying a gun... :dunno:
    Just laughing at the thought of it -
    "Remember - Tuesday is the last day for VBS registration. And the choir practice is on Thursdays. Congrats to JettaKnight for passing our firearm course, so if you see him caring a gun, it's OK; act normal. Now open your hymnals to page 321."

:):

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Just laughing at the thought of it -
    "Remember - Tuesday is the last day for VBS registration. And the choir practice is on Thursdays. Congrats to JettaKnight for passing our firearm course, so if you see him caring a gun, it's OK; act normal. Now open your hymnals to page 321."

:):

There are plenty of churches who are letting members of the congregation do this. All I'm saying is that if it's announced that the people have volunteered to act as protection/security and have taken training courses as a qualification, the members of the church would likely view the carrying of a weapon in a different light.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There are plenty of churches who are letting members of the congregation do this. All I'm saying is that if it's announced that the people have volunteered to act as protection/security and have taken training courses as a qualification, the members of the church would likely view the carrying of a weapon in a different light.

Not all congregations are alike. One need only look at musical styles to see this in action.

A particular church may be pacifist. I don't subscribe to that, but it's certainly not un-Biblical.

Our church is tacitly CC, and we're happy with that. YMMV.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You guy’s better knock it off !

My legs are smooth as a baby’s butt and my choice of sweet sweet SIG swag is personal!

Top Bottom