I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So, someone put military spec ammo in the M9 and the slide blew off and it was the ammo’s fault? They modified the heat treatment of the slide, made modifications to the locking block, came out with the “FS” and never changed the pressure of the ammo…..but it’s the ammo’s fault? Okay…….smh
    No, do some darn research before going off and blowing off a bunch of junk in a thread, and looking less then optimal.

Olin Brass overloaded M882 Ball 9mm, this blew the sides off M9 pistols after much firing..

Beretta filed suit and collected for that...

Wasn't a Beretta Issue They just increased the margin of safety to keep it from hurting someone if overloaded ammo was used again..

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    No, do some darn research before going off and blowing off a bunch of junk in a thread, and looking less then optimal.

Olin Brass overloaded M882 Ball 9mm, this blew the sides off M9 pistols after much firing..

Wasn't a Beretta Issue.

The changes by Beretta increased the margin for error..
    Right, they fixed the problem. We agree. Hit a nerve, hey. Sorry. Point is/was, lots of military firearms don’t get thoroughly tested until they are issued. You know, like the Sig did in the beginning, that now, has been fixed. THAT’S my point…….things come up, they get fixed, move on.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan

Wasn't a Beretta Issue They just increased the margin of safety to keep it from hurting someone if overloaded ammo was used again..
    I have, for years. Here is one summation of the problem. Had a problem and they fixed it…..

1682023695667.png

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Is it a Md 87 Target? I had a couple of those and really regret getting rid of them.
    Nope not that, but I would not mind having an 87 or 89..

The holy grail of Beretta 22 pistols is the Model 80 Olympic, But is that what I am after?

1682026204906.png

Here is a hint, it has a really long barrel and does fire 22LRs.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I had two and honestly, beautiful looks, good triggers, average accuracy. My buckmark Bullseye would outshoot it.
    Then why the regret in letting them go? I grew up with a 76 that my dad had and loved that pistol. This one is very capable of I do my part.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Sweet 70 series, I am looking for a 70 with the older pushbutton safety.

The 70 series can be devided into two groups.
    The older ones with the pushbutton safety (Same as the 1951 9mm)
    The newer ones with the lever safety.

Curiously even though they changed the safety on the 70 series, they never updated the 1951 design. There were 1951s made in 1975 and 1976 with the pushbutton safety. It wasn't until the 92 that the 9mm got a lever type safety.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Always loved the Centurions. Unfortunately the 92 series are just slightly too big for my hands. I learned that on the first one I bought, and proceeded to buy two others hoping something would be different. They weren’t. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when they released the M9A3.

Top Bottom