I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    If it were mine I would swap out the white followers and metal floorplates on the 10rnders with 15 round factory mags that have the polymer parts and then sell the 10 round mags with said polymer parts.
    Or just use the 10s as range mags and shop for MecGar flush fit 18 round mags….

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I haven't gotten anything but Beretta factory mags..which come in 17 now. (Well there are 20s and 30s still)

How are the Mec Gars?

And have the Tripple K mags gotten any better for the older guns.. I am looking at a few guns, and mags are unobtaunium, except for Triple K.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    MecGar mags are excellent. They are in fact the OEM manufacturer for several companies I understand. I would have no problem using them for range or carry.

Triple K mags have been hit and miss for me. I most recently had one for a Walther TPH .22lr and it was adequate for the range. Function shooting was good but inserting and ejection of the mag was stiff and sticky.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I haven't gotten anything but Beretta factory mags..which come in 17 now. (Well there are 20s and 30s still)

How are the Mec Gars?

And have the Tripple K mags gotten any better for the older guns.. I am looking at a few guns, and mags are unobtaunium, except for Triple K.
    MecGar and MDS make or have made OEM mags for Beretta. It is not unusual to find an MDS mag marked exactly like the Beretta mag except instead of "PB" they are stamped "MDS" with the rest of the markings the same.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan

How are the Mec Gars?

I have quite a few Mec-Gar M92 mags for my Girsan Regard. I also bought a TON of Checkmate MILSURP mags. They were under $10/ea and I figured I could drop them in the dirt or on the concrete and not be out much. One problem: The slide stop didn’t work to hold the slide back at empty mag. I bought a Beretta slide stop lever and now….good to go.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Yeah, you could. I've got mec gar mags for a couple different guns that I like, but I was speaking about the 10 round mags specifically in the previous picture because they both have the metal floorplates with white followers which I myself like on OEM beretta mags. All the factory 15 round mags today only come with plastic floorplates and black plastic followers which I don't really care for.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, you could. I've got mec gar mags for a couple different guns that I like, but I was speaking about the 10 round mags specifically in the previous picture because they both have the metal floorplates with white followers which I myself like on OEM beretta mags. All the factory 15 round mags today only come with plastic floorplates and black plastic followers which I don't really care for.
    There are some used 15 rounders from that era for sale at a surplus seller.

The gun in question did sell from Cabelas

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Little expensive at $749.99, but you dont see these come up.

Beretta 72 Jaguar, the upscale twin to the Beretta 71. This one is a push button safety era.
    Now these came with a 6 inch barrel, and a shorty barrel (same at the Beretta 71). Sadly the shorty barrel is lost to time.

These use the same mags as the Beretta 71 series.

1681850904357.png

Top Bottom