I need help.. I keep buying Beretta pistols..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This is that used 92D XR that I bought off usedguns.com that BigMoose had posted about. It was in good shape when I received it with box and everything but it had a little slide wear, it was definitely a gun someone had used but a deal at 400.00. The frame was great so I just sent the slide and barrel to AllenM for some cerakote. The slide was done in stone gray cerakote and looks great. I added a Wilson rear sight and put in a 12lb hammer spring which makes for a very nice DAO pull. After I shoot it to make sure the new spring is okay it'll likely go in one of my quick access boxes.

NFM01Qil.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Here's an odd one for BigMoose to add to his collection 98FS Inox in 9X21

Been looking for a Beretta 98FS for a long time, and never expected to see one in Inox!!! Now trying to figure out how much I would be willing to spend after paying the one year fee to the county for the privilege of living in Westfield.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Been looking for a Beretta 98FS for a long time, and never expected to see one in Inox!!! Now trying to figure out how much I would be willing to spend after paying the one year fee to the county for the privilege of living in Westfield.

The 98FS is an odd duck, it meets the criteria to be allowed for import.. just no one bothers to do it because of demand

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

That same dealer just put up a comped blued one too

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Would love to hear your range report.
    Took a while but I finally got it to the range last Friday. Had a couple feeding issues, but not nearly as many as I anticipated considering the gun needed a serious cleaning and I was running CCI 22-Quiet. Aside from that, it was FUN. I was testing for function so I was basically just putting it on target and dumping the mag, but the groupings lead to me believe it’s pretty accurate.

I took it home and did a full disassembly/cleaning. Disassembly of a 40+ year old Italian pistol using a poorly recorded instructional video narrated in French was an adventure in itself… Now that all the old oil and fouling have been removed, I’m looking forward to a return trip with some standard .22 Mini Mag. I’ll probably test for accuracy at that point.

Top Bottom