I guess they thought they broke into the wrong car.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I went to visit my aunt Sunday evening. She lives near 10th and German Church in Indianapolis which is not a great area. I parked my car in her driveway and went inside and had a nice visit. Upon leaving, I got no more than a couple blocks away when I noticed something was not right. Something did not feel right with my right arm and I looked down and saw that my center console had been raised up. I usually have it down using it for an arm rest. I pulled over and looked around and thought about the fact that I did not have anything of value in the car to steal but someone had definitely been in my car. I keep a box of .45 ball ammo in my center console in case I have an opportunity to do some shooting. This would have been the first thing he saw in my console. He may have also noticed that I had my cleaning kit behind the driver's seat which had one of the bottom drawers opened. It did not take much time at all for the BG to realize that he had picked the wrong car and the owner is armed!

I usually leave my car unlocked if there is nothing worth stealing inside. I've had my window broken only to have someone rumage around and find nothing to steal. Some little sneaky bastard must have been in my car when I was inside visiting my aunt.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Keep your car locked and in sight when visiting over there.

You might be "marked" for a future checkup to see if you leave a gun in there.

Don't spook the fish so to speak.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I once accidentally left my car unlocked and someone went through it.

They didn't take anything, left my Motorola brick cell phone and all my cd's. I was kinda insulted they didn't like my music.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

They didn't take anything, left my Motorola brick cell phone and all my cd's. I was kinda insulted they didn't like my music.

It was the Bee Gees Greatest Hits, wasn't it?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I grew up 2 blocks south of that intersection. My dad had a '87 Jeep Wrangler that had no door locks. We quickly learned to never leave anything of value in it. He was quite upset when they stole his CDs. Man, they had to have been so disappointed when they opened up that CD case and saw 30 CDs of old man music. This was back when CDs were hot stuff.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A

Brick phone... Damn I'm getting old. I had one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went to visit my aunt Sunday evening. She lives near 10th and German Church in Indianapolis which is not a great area. I parked my car in her driveway and went inside and had a nice visit. Upon leaving, I got no more than a couple blocks away when I noticed something was not right. Something did not feel right with my right arm and I looked down and saw that my center console had been raised up. I usually have it down using it for an arm rest. I pulled over and looked around and thought about the fact that I did not have anything of value in the car to steal but someone had definitely been in my car. I keep a box of .45 ball ammo in my center console in case I have an opportunity to do some shooting. This would have been the first thing he saw in my console. He may have also noticed that I had my cleaning kit behind the driver's seat which had one of the bottom drawers opened. It did not take much time at all for the BG to realize that he had picked the wrong car and the owner is armed!

I usually leave my car unlocked if there is nothing worth stealing inside. I've had my window broken only to have someone rumage around and find nothing to steal. Some little sneaky bastard must have been in my car when I was inside visiting my aunt.

Any teenagers live close?????

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I thought I was the only person who intentionally leaves his car door unlocked. Most of the time there is nothing in there but some pocket change. I would rather them just take it then bust my window for it. It has been a while since it happened but last year it was a regular thing. At least once a week I would come out to my work van and my change would be gone and sometimes a couple gallons of gas would be gone. Strange thing is they never took my GPS that was always in there stuck on the windshield.
    Probably the same thing as what happened to you, just some kids/teens out messing around looking for some money.

stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Had similar incident at my ARNG Armory, several vehicles were broken into,including mine.
    Nothing stolen from my vehicle, they left my CDs (Hair Metal) Phone and Radio.
    They took my Mag light, and smashed all the Glass, even though my doors were unlocked.

Top Bottom