• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    or 9mm for that matter. I bought the last 700 rds Walmart had last Sunday and haven't seen an back in stock yet. Federal Champion $13.99/50 rds.

Then you're part of the problem. I stopped by my WM a few days ago, and they had 11 boxes of it on the shelf, and the clerk told me he had a case of 20 boxes in back. I could have bought them all, but I didn't. I bought 5. Stopped in today to get some blank CDs. Still some of the 9mm on the shelf. Thats because I didn't buy all of it.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    Forcing someone to sell at a price you want when they could sell it for more to someone else is stealing.

That gets called price fixing in corporate America and lands you in jail.

toppgunnz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Indiana
    It's simple economics my friend. I bought a brick yesterday for $38, and was glad I could find some in stock! It's only going to get worse... three weeks from now, you'll be posting what a bargain you got! happy shootin ;)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Then you're part of the problem. I stopped by my WM a few days ago, and they had 11 boxes of it on the shelf, and the clerk told me he had a case of 20 boxes in back. I could have bought them all, but I didn't. I bought 5. Stopped in today to get some blank CDs. Still some of the 9mm on the shelf. Thats because I didn't buy all of it.

Seriously?

Cedartop should refrain from buying what he needs because of some arbitrary limit that someone else deems acceptable?

I'll make a note.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Price gouging can only work with your co operation. The ones that chastise you on here are more than likely doing the gouging. Just walk away from it. The dealers are not your friends they are business men and women taking advantage while they can. I don't blame them but I don't support them either.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    What .. sense of humor on INGO ... what's next? OCers and CCers kumbaya meet-up?

Boys these were purchases years and years ago, some of the .22 rimfires were purchased 15/20 years ago from the CMP when on sale, others when on sale at Gander Mountain for anywhere from 6 to 8 dollars a brick. Primers were purchased from a shop going out of business I don't even remember how long ago, price was so cheap I bought every sleeve they had available. Powder goes way back to the same era, heck I even remember buying bulk powder from a fiber drum for 4/5 bucks a 1 lb scoop.

I've done the same with motor oil, last couple of summers used the last of my round steel cans of 30 weight motor oil for my lawn mowers. Grease pencil marked at 39 cents a quart. MacMillion oil co.

Hoarding? Not really, smart buying, one of the reasons I pay cash for my vehicles.:rockwoot:

Another example! Model 52 B Winchester with Lyman Target spot complete, short only the shipping box, $50.00. Manufacturing date 1946.

Last edited:

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Price gouging can only work with your co operation. The ones that chastise you on here are more than likely doing the gouging. Just walk away from it. The dealers are not your friends they are business men and women taking advantage while they can. I don't blame them but I don't support them either.

Yup, I'm done buying.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Seems to me they gave a price and you paying for it was acceptance as a fair market price or you wouldn't have paid it. Look in the mirror if you want to be mad at the right person.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Higher prices as simply the cost of not stocking up. When I'm a few weeks your lgs can't replenish inventory, this months epic
    Sales will be useless. Likely the next six months will show way low sales. The "gouging" is the markets natural way to make supply available , especially during scarce times. I'll give credit to cabelas in Hammond, their primer and powder prices were fair, there purchase limits where reasonable. I think $0.30 a round for 9mm is extreme but it's high enough to deter resellers, while still slowing down the inventory drain.

As silly as prices are, as long as people pay them, they will be the norm.

Lesson to learn
    Here is buy cheap and stack deep

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    You don't have to use gasoline. Public transportation. Taxi. Bicycle. Walking. Car-pooling.

Buying gasoline yourself directly is not the only way to get to work, although likely the easiest and most convenient.
    Are you sure? Do you know the specifics of his employment? Myself, I am a sub-contractor. I need to drive a truck to work. There's no taking a bicycle. No bus. No walking. Car-pooling? Not really an option.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    :)
    That is a little more that 50 mi from SB. He is always saying "I am the only who has x",or "I am the only one wo can get y", "in a 50 mile radius".

He usually still does SB and Shishe.

Yeah, I know he does but it isn't the same old Len. It seems he has mellowed a bit or at least in public.

Top Bottom