• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Are you sure? Do you know the specifics of his employment? Myself, I am a sub-contractor. I need to drive a truck to work. There's no taking a bicycle. No bus. No walking. Car-pooling? Not really an option.
    Then I suppose buying the gasoline wouldn't be optional should not going to work not be an option.

Point is, I suppose, is that if you need (or really really want) something you pay what it costs - high or not - or you simply don't get it.

One could try to go where it's cheaper but you risk going somewhere with no supply as a result.

I was merely making a rough analogy to make the point, didn't anticipate having to clarify tiny details. I think you know what I was trying to say in my original post. If not, this post should clear it up.

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    I guess I can't complain, my LGS price on 22lr tactical cci 375 went from $29 to $32. His price on 9mm Hornady zmax is still $24.99. The only price I am disappointed on is where the ruger 10/22 is going.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So . . . isn't "buy low, sell high" kind of the way capitalism is supposed to work when it actually does work?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    its called economics 101...short supply translates to higher prices....oversupply means lower prices ...i am sick of the whining about price gouging..trade a gun for some ammo...you will do better that if you use cash....just my :twocents:

R2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Plainfield area
    Unfortunately if the supply doesn't increase our weekend trips to the local gun store may end....If a company doesn't have any inventory to sell the company can't stay in business long...I feel our lgs are doing what they have to do to get thru the next few month's maybe the 2013 year. Think about it...gun stores have overhead also. No inventory = No $....

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I went to Wal Mar to buy some ammo and they didn't have any! I called the manager over and said what's this about? You're time-gouging! Last week I was in here and you had ammo on the shelf, this week I'm in here at the exact same time and you sold it all! If you had ammo at 10AM last week, why do you only have it at 8AM this week?! You're a scumbag time-gouger!

Those ridiculous time gougers have lost my business.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well I do feel for the OP, he just bought the gun and was overcharged for the needed ammo. I did buy some .308 at the gun show in Lebanon. It was in 1 older box of 20 rounds and 11 rounds in a ziplock bag, all match ammo - paid $22 total. Didn't really need it. I have somewhere around 1k rounds stashed. Plus we reload - know we have enough powder, primers & bullets for at least 3K .308 rounds. We stock at least 5K primers of every type. and probably have around 60 ~ 80 LB of powder. We can cast bullets for almost every handgun we own. (and some rifle, but don't have a lot of gas checks) I haven't shot 22 cal for a while but am sure we have at least 3 to 5K in stock. But I do remember the time I scrounged for the money to buy a 50 round box of 22's. I am old now and have been collecting guns and ammo for several years. It can be (and was for me) tough to find $300 to spend for a 1K of high power ammo when you are raising a family. I have ammo I bought in bulk over 20 years ago, and have been buying every since. I feel lucky I am fortunate to be able to afford this now. I know I buy some for my grown son as he is raising grandchildren and has expenses I don't have. I will continue to stock up after prices do return to a more normal state.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    If they were reading INGO you would think they might have absorbed a little common sense concerning why gun control is both unconstitutional and ineffective. Maybe they were just reading the wrong threads (or weren't accepting and tolerant of viewpoints and cultures that differ from their own).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thought I'd bump this old thread with something interesting. While looking up an article on why CTD sucks, I found this: Gun Lovers Freaking Out Over Price Gouging | Mother Jones.

It is a liberal article from a couple of years ago. In it, they reference this thread.

That's a good reminder that everything we post here is available to the whole world. Not everyone who reads here or sucks content using a search engine has good intentions.

Top Bottom