• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I do like the second or third post in was complaining about being tired of whining over .22 pricing.... and that was in January of 2013.

If only they could have known. :laugh:

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    I was over at Gander Mountain in Greenwood today(3-6-15), and they still don't have any 22lr. People need to quit hoarding it, or they really need to ramp up production. They didn't have any .380 either, go figure!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I really don't understand the whole 22lr thing, Is this cal that effn important? If you happen to stumble on a brick at ur local store buy it!! I'd much rather shoot a 45 but thats just me.

Why such the great need for 22? I could understand if it was cheap to shoot BUT ITS NOT!!!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I really don't understand the whole 22lr thing, Is this cal that effn important? If you happen to stumble on a brick at ur local store buy it!! I'd much rather shoot a 45 but thats just me.

Why such the great need for 22? I could understand if it was cheap to shoot BUT ITS NOT!!!

Its flat out the best caliber to teach new shooters with and it's really quiet with a suppressor. Those are the 2 reasons I continue to buy it when I can. A group of enthusiastic newbies can blow through a 500 round brick in no time flat. Just remember when you were a kid and how much fun you had with your first .22, especially if it was a lever gun or semi-auto.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

If you think about it, what essential role does .22lr play? It's a terrible self-defense round, and for hunting, I can name you several dozen cartridges that are superior in almost every way. There is only one reason for people to be hoarding that round, and it's because there are still enough idiots out there that will pay inflated prices for it. This is just my opinion, but if you're a person that's frustrated about the 22lr shortage, don't be mad at the hoarders and flippers. Be upset with the fools that think they have to have 22's and will pay through the nose to get it. If people would stop being stupid about buying the stuff for six months, watch how fast the flippers and gougers slam on the brakes.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    If you think about it, what essential role does .22lr play? It's a terrible self-defense round, and for hunting, I can name you several dozen cartridges that are superior in almost every way. There is only one reason for people to be hoarding that round, and it's because there are still enough idiots out there that will pay inflated prices for it. This is just my opinion, but if you're a person that's frustrated about the 22lr shortage, don't be mad at the hoarders and flippers. Be upset with the fools that think they have to have 22's and will pay through the nose to get it. If people would stop being stupid about buying the stuff for six months, watch how fast the flippers and gougers slam on the brakes.

Education, training, practice, small game hunting. I don't know what cartridge that is superior that actually leaves the animal intact. It's a tool and has its place, use the correct tool for the job.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Education, training, practice, small game hunting. I don't know what cartridge that is superior that actually leaves the animal intact. It's a tool and has its place, use the correct tool for the job.

You're missing my point. I said what ESSENTIAL function does .22lr play? You don't NEED to have .22lr to train and practice. It's just nice to have on a cost basis. As for hunting, if I have to make sure my families bellies get full, I'm going to pack my 12 gauge shotgun before I grab my 10/22. If we're talking hunting deer, you may have more success sneaking up and clubbing it to death with your .22 rifle versus shooting it.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    You're missing my point. I said what ESSENTIAL function does .22lr play? You don't NEED to have .22lr to train and practice. It's just nice to have on a cost basis. As for hunting, if I have to make sure my families bellies get full, I'm going to pack my 12 gauge shotgun before I grab my 10/22. If we're talking hunting deer, you may have more success sneaking up and clubbing it to death with your .22 rifle versus shooting it.

Yea I'm saying you don't have a point. 22lr is the best way to train and practice new shooters to help them enjoy their experience. The lack of recoil and noise allows them to focus and practice fundamentals without developing a flinch.

I put an AR15 or any center fire handgun in their hands and a lot of them are turned away by recoil and noise. Any new shooter i hand a 22lr be it a 10/22 or markIII has an instant smile on their face. Give them some time to learn and they happily move on to centerfire.

As for hunting you may want to do some research and find out there is more then just deer season in IN. Also most poached deer are taken by 22lr so much for you clubbing it to death scenario.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

A good 22LR with a scope squirrel hunting on a nice fall day... hard to beat for my perspective.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom