• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Well I blame you guys, in part basically due to this thread I went and bought a MPX... I'll have it by the end of the week and then I'll be sending the barrel off to AllenM to get it cut down and threaded. I'm super pumped!

I don't have my can of choice out of jail for it but I'm scheduling a visit with it that's for sure! I've already got a Geissele trigger for it, and I'm going to pick up a KNS pins kit and probably a different ambi safety soon. After seeing all of your photos and things spending the money just didn't hurt all that bad :cool:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Well I blame you guys, in part basically due to this thread I went and bought a MPX... I'll have it by the end of the week and then I'll be sending the barrel off to AllenM to get it cut down and threaded. I'm super pumped!

I don't have my can of choice out of jail for it but I'm scheduling a visit with it that's for sure! I've already got a Geissele trigger for it, and I'm going to pick up a KNS pins kit and probably a different ambi safety soon. After seeing all of your photos and things spending the money just didn't hurt all that bad :cool:

Congratulations and welcome to the club.
    It is one of my favorite guns, you won't be disappointed.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Didnt want to start a new thread so just bumping an old one.

I want a larger charging handle latch.

Does anyone make an aftermarket charging handle for the MPX, like the BCM Mod3? If not, does anyone know if AR15 Latches (ex. Badger Ordnance Tactical Charging Handle Latch AR-15 LR-308 Matte) will fit on the MPX proprietary charging handle?

I think a company (AXTS) is coming out with a new MPX ambi charging handle in 2017, but not sure I want to wait that long.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I want one too, but I haven't found any. I begged Armageddon Tactical to make one, but they said they have no plans to make any.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I had given some thought about buying a carbine and doing the suppressor route. Only thing is if you have to cut the barrel back due to the pin and weld your now getting into the sbr again to trim the barrel and thread it. I don't want a pistol because I want one a bit longer than a pistol barrel. Such a hard decision.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I had given some thought about buying a carbine and doing the suppressor route. Only thing is if you have to cut the barrel back due to the pin and weld your now getting into the sbr again to trim the barrel and thread it. I don't want a pistol because I want one a bit longer than a pistol barrel. Such a hard decision.

The carbine version has a 16" barrel with a bird cage flash suppressor. Nothing pinned or welded that I've seen.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Nope, the carbine barrel is 13.~" with a pinned and welded flash suppressor to bring it to 16".

I need some advice as of what to do I guess. I know it's pinned and welded however if I decide later to make it suppressed now I'm also going sbr and might as well make it to my desired length. Problem is im paying $500 more because it's a carbine, so essentially I'm just wasting money unless it doesn't happen for awhile..

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I need some advice as of what to do I guess. I know it's pinned and welded however if I decide later to make it suppressed now I'm also going sbr and might as well make it to my desired length. Problem is im paying $500 more because it's a carbine, so essentially I'm just wasting money unless it doesn't happen for awhile..

Maybe the pistol version would be a better alternative. You could go with the sig brace, and suppress it. If you decide later to SBR it, adding a stock is as easy as it gets.

I never realized the actual barrel was so short on the carbines. :wow:

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Maybe the pistol version would be a better alternative. You could go with the sig brace, and suppress it. If you decide later to SBR it, adding a stock is as easy as it gets.

I never realized the actual barrel was so short on the carbines. :wow:

I myself was a bit puzzled as to why they established the length that short, and than to pin and weld... I should just save my cash and get a CZ pistol and do the sbr than suppressor. Lots of choices...

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I stand corrected. Never really paid that much attention to the carbines.

This is not accurate anymore either since that was when they were first announced and Sig tried using a muzzle break which mimicked suppressor baffles. The ATF did not allow that so they ended up with a 13.~ barrel with first a tuning fork flash hider, and now a cage flash hider.

Brake which was not allowed.
    SIG_MPX-C.jpg

Tuning Fork...
    sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-mpx-c-9-km-t-carbine-16-mpx-c-9-km-t-by-sig-sauer-658.jpg

Latest cage...
    IMG_0569_web.jpg

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012

All depends on you. Is it really $500 more for a carbine? I thought pistols with braces were similarly priced. I picked up my carbine for $1450. I plan on SBRing it at some point but want to make sure I like the gun first. When I do, I'll have the barrel cut but I'll keep the long handguard so the suppressor is tucked within the rail. I'm not a fan of pistols/braces so I'd rather have the carbine first and then shorten the barrel instead of the short barrel and having to replace the stock. Additionally, I wanted the option to shoot it in USPSA as a PCC and braces are not permitted so the carbine makes sense if that is a consideration.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That description was just the first carbine on gunbroker. I thought that seemed crazy, it had a shorter barrel than the pistol. Thanks for clarifying.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    All depends on you. Is it really $500 more for a carbine? I thought pistols with braces were similarly priced. I picked up my carbine for $1450. I plan on SBRing it at some point but want to make sure I like the gun first. When I do, I'll have the barrel cut but I'll keep the long handguard so the suppressor is tucked within the rail. I'm not a fan of pistols/braces so I'd rather have the carbine first and then shorten the barrel instead of the short barrel and having to replace the stock. Additionally, I wanted the option to shoot it in USPSA as a PCC and braces are not permitted so the carbine makes sense if that is a consideration.

The pistol with brace is just as much as the carbine. I am hung on either the pistol or carbine. The carbine without the tuning fork.

Top Bottom