• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    It just blows me away that people think it's safe to put torque on a steel barrel and expect the aluminum upper to absorb this stress without damage. I always clamp the barrel. Steel is stronger than aluminum.

223 Gunner

Master
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    You know, if you just take it to USDS, Mike or Chad will do it properly for a very small fee, if not for free.
    It may be worth it, unless you know you are going to be doing a lot of this in the future, then buy the proper tools, you'll be glad you did.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have one of these. Makes it super easy and no torquing of the receiver. If you don't have a vise you can use a large wrench on the flats. You can get them cheaper than what they are showing on the website. Send them a quote of what you would pay and they'll counter with what they will take. I paid $30 with free shipping for mine.

Buy the magpul Bev block. I haven't used my geissele since I got one. Use your existing carrier in conjunction with the block. Spin it and use it for the lowers too. It's a cheap and great tool!! USDS in greenwood stocks them. And yes they could have the old one off and the new one installed in 5 minutes for a minimal fee that covers their liability, time, and tools.

Top Bottom