• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Exactly the reason we moved out of Indianapolis. Spent a metric ton of money on a whole house rehab, then found a place out in the woods three months later. Wasn't even mad about it.

Posters can dump on Nashville all you want, but we have no panhandlers, fast ISP and Sheriff response, and clean sidewalks.
    What's wrong with Nashville?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The first couple posts in this thread (I thought) were calling it Democratic Trashville. That's all I was referencing.
    Ah, I guess I missed it. I always thought it was a pretty nice area though in the 7+ years we have lived in Bloomington, my wife and I have yet to go spend a day there. We will check it out once the weather warms up. I heard that Hard Truth was pretty cool.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The first couple posts in this thread (I thought) were calling it Democratic Trashville. That's all I was referencing.
    I believe there has been some confusion? I made the comment “Trashville“ which is a fair assessment. I would even go so far as to call certain areas a ****hole. For Clarification purposes I was not referring to Nashville Indiana as I have never been there, and only had taken notice of the exit sign off the interstate.

My accurate assessment was in reference to Nashville Tennessee aka Trashville. I will stand by that description in all honesy.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I believe there has been some confusion? I made the comment “Trashville“ which is a fair assessment. I would even go so far as to call certain areas a ****hole. For Clarification purposes I was not referring to Nashville Indiana as I have never been there, and only had taken notice of the exit sign off the interstate.

My accurate assessment was in reference to Nashville Tennessee aka Trashville. I will stand by that description in all honesy.
    Ahhhh..... clarified. Thank you, sir.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I was at a Menards up in NWI around Christmas they had a lady playing carols on a baby grand. If she had a tip jar I would have put something in it.

None at the one by my house either, just GS and BS selling cookies and popcorn.
    sounds real fancy over your way....we got prostitutes, crakhedz, bums, and thugs....and thise are the employees

Jr1010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2021
    Lake county
    I'm fairly young(32) and I've been working in Chicago for about 3 years...
    Biggest thing is to avoid eye contact in the first place and not to reply to anything. If anyone get within my personal space, repeats themselves... I say SIR or MA'AM loud enough for bystanders to look

I have had one single person go to knock on my window mumbling about helping them out, while I was parked and I saw them out of the corner of my eye and gave a good honest yell "do not touch my vehicle" and they apologized , but stood there for a second and I asked them to leave me alone and they wandered off.

If they tried to open my door they would instantly be drawn on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm fairly young(32) and I've been working in Chicago for about 3 years...
    Biggest thing is to avoid eye contact in the first place and not to reply to anything. If anyone get within my personal space, repeats themselves... I say SIR or MA'AM loud enough for bystanders to look

I have had one single person go to knock on my window mumbling about helping them out, while I was parked and I saw them out of the corner of my eye and gave a good honest yell "do not touch my vehicle" and they apologized , but stood there for a second and I asked them to leave me alone and they wandered off.

If they tried to open my door they would instantly be drawn on.

In Chicago? :scratch:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

This reminds me.
    Back in the early 80's, a friend of mine and I drove down to Fort Campbell to visit a friend who was a career Army guy.

We had to drive through to the southern border area of Kentucky to get there.

I was shocked to see at nearly every intersection as we drove through the countryside that on all 4 corners it looked like people just dumped all their trash in the ditch!
    There were even old washers and refrigerators!

I'd NEVER seen anything like this before.
    I have no idea if it's still that way today.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This reminds me.
    Back in the early 80's, a friend of mine and I drove down to Fort Campbell to visit a friend who was a career Army guy.

We had to drive through to the southern border area of Kentucky to get there.

I was shocked to see at nearly every intersection as we drove through the countryside that on all 4 corners it looked like people just dumped all their trash in the ditch!
    There were even old washers and refrigerators!

I'd NEVER seen anything like this before.
    I have no idea if it's still that way today.
    My brother lived in Tullahoma, TN out in the country. The amount of trash dumped just off the roads was just like you say. Old dryers, washing machines, etc. When I asked my brother about it, he just said that these country boys aren't going to the landfill when they can dump it somewhere much closer and for free.

Sad in my opinion.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I really wish I was not so jaded in this but they have trained me to be. I trust no one on the streets any more.
    There is no way I am taking my wallet out of my pocket in front of a stranger to dig out a couple bucks to “donate”.

When I get the homeless guys who are “cold, hungry, tired…” outside my downtown Fort Wayne office I simply point to the Rescue Mission and tell them to walk two blocks that way. For my wimpy employees that can be made to feel guilty I tell them to donate money to the Rescue Mission and not give it to the homeless panhandlers. Of course I do look out the window before exiting the building rather than having my face buried in my phone.

My preference is usually just pretend they are invisible and don’t exist.

Rescue.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There is no way I am taking my wallet out of my pocket in front of a stranger to dig out a couple bucks to “donate”.

When I get the homeless guys who are “cold, hungry, tired…” outside my downtown Fort Wayne office I simply point to the Rescue Mission and tell them to walk two blocks that way. For my wimpy employees that can be made to feel guilty I tell them to donate money to the Rescue Mission and not give it to the homeless panhandlers. Of course I do look out the window before exiting the building rather than having my face buried in my phone.

My preference is usually just pretend they are invisible and don’t exist.

View attachment 187132
    you cold hearted b****rd! How could you?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    And just this afternoon we had a homeless guy on the edge of crazy in the lobby. He was ranting about the FBI (*) and I asked him who in our business he was here to see. He looked bewildered and I told him he had to leave.

(*) I was curious what his INGO username was but he left before I could ask.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know if it was a homeless guy, or just one of the crackheads that live around Southern Plaza (southside Indy), but I saw something I'd never seen before this evening. A guy riding a bicycle carrying what appeared to be a long shovel handle with a hammer taped to the end. I'm assuming it was for fending off dogs or something. He met up with another fellow "bike rider" in the parking lot of Kroger and was yelling about something. I didn't hang around long enough to really hear what it was about. :n00b:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't know if it was a homeless guy, or just one of the crackheads that live around Southern Plaza (southside Indy), but I saw something I'd never seen before this evening. A guy riding a bicycle carrying what appeared to be a long shovel handle with a hammer taped to the end. I'm assuming it was for fending off dogs or something. He met up with another fellow "bike rider" in the parking lot of Kroger and was yelling about something. I didn't hang around long enough to really hear what it was about. :n00b:

:lol2: You gotta learn to get out that phone and get us some video.

Top Bottom