• Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Here`s more from the "good Catholic", drunk ol` uncle joe:

My favorite couple of quotes from joe are the “racial jungle” and the “poor kids are just as (whatever) as White kids”. In fairness, I don’t recall the whole quote, just the relevant part I quoted.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You mean besides you?
    I don’t think that’s the relevant question. It’s like how many men, how many women, how many of whatever ethnic group.... I think none of them voted Biden (presuming any actually did) because they are members of that group, but rather voted because “he’s not Trump”, and for them, that was more important than their guns to them.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My favorite couple of quotes from joe are the “racial jungle” and the “poor kids are just as (whatever) as White kids”. In fairness, I don’t recall the whole quote, just the relevant part I quoted.
    I personally, think a lot of people say some pretty offensive things without recognizing they’re offensive. Does one assume the worse, or do they look to their actions for confirmation?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t think that’s the relevant question. It’s like how many men, how many women, how many of whatever ethnic group.... I think none of them voted Biden (presuming any actually did) because they are members of that group, but rather voted because “he’s not Trump”, and for them, that was more important than their guns to them.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Perhaps but I think the point that some are trying to make here is that a vote for Biden represents so much more than just a "he's not Trump" vote. Especially given his policy stances surrounding the 2nd Amendment.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I personally, think a lot of people say some pretty offensive things without recognizing they’re offensive. Does one assume the worse, or do they look to their actions for confirmation?
    Does that go for Trump as well? I would also point out that a lot of people were engaged in mischaracterizations of some of the things that Trump said.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does that go for Trump as well? I would also point out that a lot of people were engaged in mischaracterizations of some of the things that Trump said.
    Yes, absolutely. Showing teeth isn’t an issue until you bite.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Perhaps but I think the point that some are trying to make here is that a vote for Biden represents so much more than just a "he's not Trump" vote. Especially given his policy stances surrounding the 2nd Amendment.
    The problems that we see, that are uniquely tied to our moral bankruptcy, are due in essence to us allowing God to be erased from the public square. That led to the breakdown of the traditional family, and it has dominoed from there, and fingered out into problems and issues we never dreamed we`d see. This has indirectly led to a citizenry that is apathetic, entitled, and as lazy and stupid as any group of people could possibly be. For all the lives lost and blood that has been shed to gain freedom and liberty, and then to have Americans petition government to TAKE freedoms and liberties...it`s absolutely mind numbing. Can anyone believe that we can or will ever recover from this?

Reactions: KG1

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The problems that we see, that are uniquely tied to our moral bankruptcy, are due in essence to us allowing God to be erased from the public square. That led to the breakdown of the traditional family, and it has dominoed from there, and fingered out into problems and issues we never dreamed we`d see. This has indirectly led to a citizenry that is apathetic, entitled, and as lazy and stupid as any group of people could possibly be. For all the lives lost and blood that has been shed to gain freedom and liberty, and then to have Americans petition government to TAKE freedoms and liberties...it`s absolutely mind numbing. Can anyone believe that we can or will ever recover from this?
    Yes, we will recover. Has there ever been a preceding generation that didn’t think the generation following, wasn’t a bunch of ****ups.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the appeal for Trump for the most part is that he was willing to fight against the incoming tide. That's what appealed to me anyway and it's the reason why I voted for him. Twice.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Wait. You voted for 0biden because of the A-word?
    No. Because I understand our system of government, it's way, way down the list of considerations in voting for president. Basically a non-factor.

I was taking the opportunity to point to a truth: Republicans are quick to demand voting purity even when their actions work opposed to their stated positions.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Blessings,
    Bill
    You forgot the plethora of people that vote for the candidate with the (D) next to their name.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That qualifies someone to be realistically deemed mentally incompetent...
    Someone prioritizing overarching positions over single issue, even the 2A, does not mark them mentally incompetent.

To expand on the recent question of a pro2A candidate who is also pro-choice... suppose you had a candidate who was anti-2A vs a candidate who campaigned on repealing NFA and abolishing BATFE, but was also in favor of repealing the Establishment Clause and destroying every church, synagogue, and other house of worship, and the very practice of religion itself in any form... If that guy is successful vis a vis the 1A, there is no Constitutional protection for your beliefs anymore.... for which guy do you vote? Note that I did not say for what office he was running.

I’m going to suggest that, based on your past posts, the latter guy is a non-starter for you. I *get* that point from Kut or anyone else who “voted on principle”, despite my disagreement with them on the principles in question.

We do NOT all have to agree on the principles- is Trump flawed? Of course he is, he is human. I happen to believe Biden is more flawed, and that doesn’t even address the issue of Heels Up Harris waiting to push old joe down a flight of stairs 8 or 9 times.

But to suggest that the 2A is in and of itself a criterion for determining mental competence is for me, a bridge too far.

You are of course, welcome to disagree.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It’s not just those statements though, Kut. This has been a Biden pattern for decades.
    What is the saying? “When someone tells you who they are, believe them”

Top Bottom