How is your place of employment dealing with inflation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'll see what they offer when the contract comes up next year, but I'm past retirement age and the gardener would like for me to spend more time at home.

The company is struggling to keep employees at this point and it's a competitive local market. Experienced upholsterers can demand just about whatever the want. They are handing out "finder fees" to people who bring in new hires.

What it will be like next year is anybody's guess as I can see the economy dropping quickly, and leadership has no clues or desire to do much other than lie about it.

No doubt about it....winter is coming.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    My hardline liberal employer is not giving out anything. Just tightening their belt and giving out daily praise and heart felt sorrow for how hard it is on our families.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My hardline liberal employer is not giving out anything. Just tightening their belt and giving out daily praise and heart felt sorrow for how hard it is on our families.
    Mine does have pink stuff all over the plant to show how much they want every one to remember it’s breast cancer awareness month.

(Is there anyone alive that doesn’t know about breast cancer?)

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Don’t you get hugs too?
    No, but I find it funny that our crew is 2 men short and the 3rd level managers can’t understand why those that apply walk away when the starting pay is announced. I’m just here to reach my final retirement age or IRA target. I have no debt so I don’t get bent about raises. I do keep telling the younger guys to continue to push for the bonuses to be converted to hourly pay raises and some of them can’t seem to grasp why.

STAGE 2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 26, 2019
    Fishers
    They are going through and cutting every department. That’s after 15 years of bragging in orientation about how they are the company that doesn’t lay people offf

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    On the income side our labor rate went from $85 to $120 an hour. Everyone got a nice raise too. The transmission repair business has been booming since Covid hit for some reason, was pretty slow before. Just starting to slow down again, probably due to high gas prices. Still can't find anyone wanting to do transmission work, everyone here is nearing retirement, our youngest guy is mid 40s.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    On the income side our labor rate went from $85 to $120 an hour. Everyone got a nice raise too. The transmission repair business has been booming since Covid hit for some reason, was pretty slow before. Just starting to slow down again, probably due to high gas prices. Still can't find anyone wanting to do transmission work, everyone here is nearing retirement, our youngest guy is mid 40s.
    Crazy prices and lack of inventory of new and used cars, and busted supply chains in the market, making it more attractive to repair the one so one already has, even if it's a major repair I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    We have already been notified out health insurance premiums will be increasing over 10% next year. No word on COLA yet. We are currently understaffed, when asked management says "additional personnel are not in the budget." Rumors persist of large scale staff reductions, which leads me to ask "If we can't do the work we have now, how will we do it with less people?" I do not get an answer. I have been at my employer over 25 years, but the last year has made me see that the future there is not positive, and I am currently training to transition into a career in cybersecurity.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Crazy prices and lack of inventory of new and used cars, and busted supply chains in the market, making it more attractive to repair the one so one already has, even if it's a major repair I'm guessing.
    Yep. Gotta keep what you have running longer. I'm seeing it in my industry too.

Top Bottom