How is your place of employment dealing with inflation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Saw my supervisor sitting in front of a mirror, practicing saying “Cope harder” and working on his disdainful expression.
    It’s time for end of the fiscal year evaluations/ raises. Hope it’s just a coincidence . :(

Lpherr

Occupied
    Reduction in workforce, reduced hours, pay being cut, work load increasing, shut downs...

Can't keep help... whether it's good or not.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Honestly, we just went from a family owned business to a nation wide corporation, so I have no clue what’s happening. There’s talk that next month they’ll do evaluations and give pay raises, but I don’t know if that’s from corporate or the rumor mill :dunno:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Our goal is to keep our pink collar staff in the current tight labor market where finding smart, hard working people is a challenge.

Last fall as inflation was heating up we gave everyone an across the board small raise to bring everyone up a little bit and let them know we knew what was going on in the market.

This year raises are significantly higher than historically given plus an added inflation bonus. We have gotten good feedback and appreciation for this approach.

As an employer we are impacted by inflation too in every expense category.

Inflation and the current tight labor market will not last forever. People chasing advertised starting pay rates may regret their decision when we move from a heated economy to a true recession.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Inflation and the current tight labor market will not last forever. People chasing advertised starting pay rates may regret their decision when we move from a heated economy to a true recession.
    I was having this conversation with a coworker the other day, people come in, work a few days, then it’s off to greener pastures. Pretty soon it will be these people out of work because they don’t stay somewhere long enough to prove they’re an asset to the company.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I got a one time $1500 bonus in September (minus the cut for .gov). Some employees got a few shares of company stock.

Merit raises will go into effect in April '23 instead of July like they normally do.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We received market rate adjustment raises. Mine was around 5%. That was on top of having just receiving a standard 3% raise a few months prior. On top of that, my manager is pushing for a promotion for myself and one other team member doing the best work. If that goes through I'll get another 10 - 20%

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So far we've just been informed our insurance rate is going up starting in December.
    We're hearing rumors of a longevity raise, but it's the gov't so until it actually happens I don't believe it

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We just recently locked in one of the biggest jobs we’ve ever done, and will begin production on it in the next few weeks.

Last year was our biggest earnings year in the history of the company, and we’re ahead of those numbers this year, not even counting the new contract.

We were told last year, when we all got a fantastic bonus, that if we exceeded last years earnings this year, our bonus would be double.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This was the year to get more compensation IMHO, January got a 9% market adjustment , then in April a big promotion that got me another 25% before the overtime. Word on the street is HR is looking at market adjustments. Work harder

Top Bottom