• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh please. Enough with the bleeding heart for the criminals who break into our country. Unless you leave the doors to your house unlocked so that anyone who has a "need" can enter, your argument is lame.
    When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)

Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt. (Exodus 23:9)

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ (Matthew 25:25-36)

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’
    (Deuteronomy 27:19)

Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of my brethren you did it to me. (Matthew 25:40)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)

Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt. (Exodus 23:9)

For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ (Matthew 25:25-36)

‘Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.’ Then all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’

Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of my brethren you did it to me. (Matthew 25:40)
    Since you're posting these verses, does that mean you agree with them now? Cool. :yesway: If not, then you're just trolling. :noway:

I need to find some atheist beliefs to ridicule. Oh wait, they don't have any. That's convenient, huh?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Since you're posting these verses, does that mean you agree with them now? Cool. :yesway: If not, then you're just trolling. :noway:

I need to find some atheist beliefs to ridicule. Oh wait, they don't have any. That's convenient, huh?
    Funny thing about people who can think for themselves and don't just pick a religion, scroll to the bottom of the agreement and click "I agree." We can see good and bad, regardless of the source. Keeps us from having to twist ourselves into pretzels to rationalize some obvious BS.

I am for strong control of our borders, but also see the reality of the situation. (See BBI's post) There's got to be a reasonable ground between "lEaVe yOuR hOuSe uNlOcKeD" and "**** off, we're full."

Do YOU agree with what is written in the Bible? That should be more important to you than what I believe.

From what I've read of your Jesus, I can't say that I see him calling people criminals for seeking a better life, or suggesting interlocking fields of fire at the border.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Funny thing about people who can think for themselves and don't just pick a religion, scroll to the bottom of the agreement and click "I agree." We can see good and bad, regardless of the source. Keeps us from having to twist ourselves into pretzels to rationalize some obvious BS.

I am for strong control of our borders, but also see the reality of the situation. (See BBI's post) There's got to be a reasonable ground between "lEaVe yOuR hOuSe uNlOcKeD" and "**** off, we're full."

Do YOU agree with what is written in the Bible? That should be more important to you than what I believe.

From what I've read of your Jesus, I can't say that I see him calling people criminals for seeking a better life, or suggesting interlocking fields of fire at the border.
    Funny thing, I don't find much to disagree with here, especially in your first paragraph. "We can see good and bad, regardless of the source." is very much a part of the Christian belief. I've also studied other religions to some degree. Some formal (they actually taught that stuff when I was in middle school!), and some informal, on my own. I find a lot of the tenets of Buddhism quite fascinating, and they resonate with me.

I've read this book, and it is very good! You might enjoy it too. :)

s-l640.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

True loser move.

The bible also says an eye for an eye. God supported his people in wars and invasions. So there is that…

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Sure would be cool if we would enforce the border and enforce laws against hiring illegals with real penalties. I don't blame the migrants. I blame the 'job creators' who keep hiring them then telling us it's our fault because "Americans won't...." Yes, they will. Just not at the serf wages you want to pay. It wasn't enough to ship jobs to Mexico with NAFTA, outsource so much more to China and India, no, you've got to hire illegals to compete with Americans here to keep wages down, bust unions, and keep the work force complacent.

Now the shoe's on the other foot because labor briefly has some real pull due to manpower shortages so I'm sure there's a push to open the floodgates for more illegals to fill those gaps. Neither party will fix it, though the Republicans at least have the sense to pretend to want to until they have the ability to, then like the Hearing Protection Act they forget all of a sudden.
    Totally agree! Just as an add on, for years I've been wondering how much is the low wage paid to migrants, and how much is die to the LACK of other BS that goes with legal employee's. Collecting taxes out of payroll, Unemployment insurance (particularly messy given the temporary nature of the jobs), and a pile of regulations. Don't forget general liability and workmans comp insurance, and the very real threat of lawsuit if some dumb*** gets hurt on the job. If an illegal undocumented worker laying shingles falls off the roof and hurts his leg, or wrenches his back trying show up his cousin, there aren't likely to be lawyers involved.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Not to Denny the thread, but aren't they basically "asylum-seekers," and therefore engaged in a process which grants them temporary legal status?

It's like every other form of corruption favored by the powerful in this country. They find a way to make it legal.

If every migrant is called an "asylum-seeker"...is there really even such a thing as an illegal immigrant anymore?

It's like the 911 attacks. Pocket knives on planes were legal. "They" found a way to exploit the hell out of that. Same with our Asylum policies. Our Christian Utopian Values have been hiding in plain sight for eons in the form of our Asylum policies, but nobody ever really exploited it. Now that there's real organized resistance to unrestrained immigration, its proponents have found their "pocket knife" in the form of Asylum policy. It's a back door, and you're playing catch-up to try to close it because the laws and policies which allow for it have already been on the books for literally decades. They just found the work-around.
    Just because someone is an "asylum-seeker" doesn't mean they get to be an "asylum-finder". There are laws about what qualifies one as this category or that. They are supposed to do the paperwork before they come in, etc. etc.

My mother-in-law wanted to come here just for a visit when my second kid was on the way. She was DENIED a visa to visit because she was a "risk", that she may not leave. Now, because her daughter was a citizen, and she was coming from an A-list country, she qualified for automatic approval if she wanted to move here permanently. She STILL couldn't get permission to visit for a couple of months!

This s*** really pisses me off!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I doubt those were in application to people invading a land illegally.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So if I come in with a plane after curfew and refuse to show an ID to you when you're providing security for the airport, are you just going to accept that and look away?

I'm 99.999% certain I'd be on the ground in cuffs, with other officers on the way to figure out who I am and what I'm doing.
    Curfew? I cannot even enforce that. Refuse to show ID? In Indiana anyway, I cannot compel a person to show their ID unless they have committed an infraction or city ordinance violation. Otherwise, they can tell me to pound sand and there is nothing I can do about it. It is similar in most states. You insist that I would have PC for arrest in this scenario. Lets assume this happened at the Indy Airport. What specific Indiana laws could I enforce? Remember, I cannot enforce Federal laws, only State/local.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Curfew? I cannot even enforce that. Refuse to show ID? In Indiana anyway, I cannot compel a person to show their ID unless they have committed an infraction or city ordinance violation. Otherwise, they can tell me to pound sand and there is nothing I can do about it. It is similar in most states. You insist that I would have PC for arrest in this scenario. Lets assume this happened at the Indy Airport. What specific Indiana laws could I enforce? Remember, I cannot enforce Federal laws, only State/local.

I'm not a cop, and I'm not familiar enough with those laws to know.

I just find it unlikely that I would be going on about my business if I was in that situation.
    Maybe my past interactions with police, the officer has been in error.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

A tactic used by the open border crowd. Nice.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Just because someone is an "asylum-seeker" doesn't mean they get to be an "asylum-finder". There are laws about what qualifies one as this category or that. They are supposed to do the paperwork before they come in, etc. etc.

My mother-in-law wanted to come here just for a visit when my second kid was on the way. She was DENIED a visa to visit because she was a "risk", that she may not leave. Now, because her daughter was a citizen, and she was coming from an A-list country, she qualified for automatic approval if she wanted to move here permanently. She STILL couldn't get permission to visit for a couple of months!

This s*** really pisses me off!
    I agree with you. I was just pointing out that our asylum laws are porous enough to drive a truck through, and always have been. It's just that the people on the other side of the border either didn't realize it, or lacked sufficient chutzpah to exploit them.

The administrative policies of Obama took care of that, by encouraging them. Obama's policy was, "Go ahead, flood the zone...we won't deport you...we'll turn you loose on your own recognizance after 20 days" or whatever the arbitrary length of time was. Once the externals saw the US was no longer "manning the gate" of the Asylum process, immigrant tactics changed.

I don't know for sure, but would bet those people on the planes are asylum-seekers, and once they "check that box," they are now participating in a legal process where the sitting administration sets the rules on what's allowed and what's not. It's "pen and telephone" territory.

They aren't hiding it under cover of night because it's illegal. They're hiding it because they don't desire a wider understanding to break out about how the administrative procedures are being changed.

Trump brought this "sliding" of administrative rules out into the open. Biden is simply trying to shuffle it back into the dark again.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What would you say to refute the "open border" crowd? Or perhaps refute the scripture?

There are reasonable positions between open borders and seige mentality.
    There is a reasonable position it is called immigration laws. It is what the peoples representatives opted for that they found reasonable…

Last edited:
    Top Bottom