House Dems pushing SemiAutomatic Weapons ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I've received emails with links to letters from NRA-ILA, GOA, and USCCA.

If you got an email from David Conte (my NRA-ILA POC) then you are signed up for legislative alerts. You can have all the issues with the membership side you want, but NRA-ILA is a separate entity. I've known David for several years now, you can't have anyone better supporting our 2A Rights. Leading up to the Virginia election he wasn't home for 8 months. Nuff said...

Personally, I have zero problem with any branch of NRA whatsoever. I don`t buy into the rhetoric spewed by the liberal puppet media.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Story on the AWB House just passed.

BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    What a mess this all is. I do think it will be dead in Senate, however, I have heard of a few Republican senators who say they’ll vote for it. Hopefully just not 10 to reach the 60 votes needed

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What a mess this all is. I do think it will be dead in Senate, however, I have heard of a few Republican senators who say they’ll vote for it. Hopefully just not 10 to reach the 60 votes needed
    The senate can change the rules and nuke the super majority rule to pass it.
    IIRC they can only do that 2 or 3 times per session and have done it just once I think this session.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks
    So all the D indiana reps voted Yes and all the R indiana reps no?

Two Republicans, Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Penn., and Chris Jacobs, R-N.Y., broke with their party to vote yes on the bill.
    Five Democrats, Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas; Rep. Jared Golden, D-Maine, Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, D-Texas, Rep. Kurt Schrader, D-Oreg., and Rep. Ron Kind, D-Wisc. broke with their party to vote no.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Schumer will pressure Manchin and Sinema to nuke the filibuster but predict that will be a no-go, with Manchin in particular. The House got the bill through so reps could go on the break back to their districts and use it as vote stumping fodder. You would think that the Republican senators would know by now there is no placating or appeasing the Democrats. None of this bill would pass SCOTUS review. It would be declared unconstitutional in its entirety. Welcome to Kabuki Theater.

John

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Maybe Mitchell McConnell will encourage some senators to hammer out a bipartisan deal......again.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Maybe Mitchell McConnell will encourage some senators to hammer out a bipartisan deal......again.
    Still wouldn't pass muster with SCOTUS and I predict it would be swiftly struck down. The bill I worry about is the H.R. 2814, the 2005 PLCAA Repeal that would bankrupt the entire firearm industry in the U.S. with an avalanche of lawsuits. It has been passed out of committee and predict it's next to get ramrodded through the House. As bad as the attempt to bankrupt the entire firearm industry, it is makes ATF 4473 gun trace data public information. If that goes into law, all the guns you bought via a 4473 become public information so that the entire universe knows what you bought and when.

John

Last edited:
    Top Bottom