House Dems pushing SemiAutomatic Weapons ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I mean I can see them saying absolutely no "kits". So the lower parts kit that is a collection of springs, detents, pins, etc. could be banned as well as a complete rifle kit.

So instead of just buying a lower and a LPK you'd need a lower and the following, selected individually and in proper quantity: (yes Im too lazy to type out the complete list :): )

[picture of individual parts deleted]

And with this as a guide, I'm sure I could buy what I needed, but it would be tedious. And I could see some poor noob sap buying two takedown pins instead of a takedown and pivot pin, or a two selector detents thinking one would do multiple tasks.
    Yes . . . it would be tedious. Having been through two builds now, it would also be more expensive. Looks like a complete list at a long glance. Nothing obvious missing. The advantage of a "kit" or partial one is everything playing together nicely . . . if the kit contains most, if not all of what you're looking for by brand and options. That's why I bought the triggers separately. For some of the stuff like springs and detents, or takedown and pivot pins, being in spec is what counts so that it fits well and works smoothly. After the stripped upper and lowers, I concern myself more with trigger, BCG, and barrel, and to a lesser extent with the buffer tube. Things like buffers and buffer springs, castle nuts, etc. are relatively generic.

I've digressed. I read through the bill again. Prohibits transferring one . . . no exceptions . . . forget about selling one to someone . . . zero inheritance or gifting one; it gets destroyed. Aside from parts and what would be an obvious attempt to shut down their supply, they'll go after ammunition even after this current Kabuki Theater fails. This isn't about "public safety", it's about total disarmament. Because Congress can pass any laws it wants to, every new ingenious and inventive scheme will tried forcing a SCOTUS shootdown. Again, I'm worried most about the 2005 PLCAA Repeal attempt that's running in parallel with the AWB. Drive all US weapons manufacturers out of business and you have no guns or their parts being sold. The first ones to go are those firearms that must be 922r US content compliant . . . or more correctly, no more than 10 foreign parts (including detachable magazine).

John

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Repealing PLCAA to expose the firearm industry to what are called "public nuisance" lawsuits meant to put the whole industry out of business (the gun grabbing States already have a head start) and banning ammunition, specifically .223/5.56 deeming them only suitable for the military and LE just like they have with AR's are the new focus.

U-N-C-O-N-S-T-I-T-U-T-I-O-N-A-L

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm not familiar with Todd Young or Mike Braun as I'm fairly new to Indiana. Can we count on their support to vote NO on this? Or are they RINO's?
    Braun will vote no. Young will, too. While Young would support "compromise" bills that he can try to weasel-word his support for, there's clearly nothing "compromise" about this one, and even he couldn't spin even the slightest support for it.

Any republican, in any state, that votes for a bill like this one, will do so knowingly at their own political peril.

Dooby91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2019
    Bloomington
    Yeah over the political bs. This is such an uneducated guess on what to ban it’s not even funny. They are just throwing crap out there to see what ignorant people latch on to.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    The people in power want complete control over the populace. Most of the left want to do this by eliminating the ability for citizens to be armed, which would enable them to resist tyranny through violence. Most of the right wants control to spring from acceptance of their concept of governance that their believers conceptualize as freedom.

Both sides are full of it.

The left is a patient bunch though. They have been disarming the people for a long time, and they have only succeeded in doing this by finding compatriots on the right, every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME, FOR EVERY GUN CONTROL LAW.

Legislative disarmament of civilians will eventually happen, as it always has throughout history. It will happen with the collusion of both the left and the right. The question is, how many will comply? We know the progression. We've seen it. We're seeing it now. Registration and long delays, closing registration, background checks, outlawing with grandfathering. Next is revocation of grandfathering, more outlawing, open amnesty, confiscation, extreme penalties, and incentives to rat your friends and neighbors out.

Then comes the boom. I just wonder if our nation can muster enough boom to save itself again.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The people in power want complete control over the populace. Most of the left want to do this by eliminating the ability for citizens to be armed, which would enable them to resist tyranny through violence. Most of the right wants control to spring from acceptance of their concept of governance that their believers conceptualize as freedom.

Both sides are full of it.

The left is a patient bunch though. They have been disarming the people for a long time, and they have only succeeded in doing this by finding compatriots on the right, every single time. EVERY SINGLE TIME, FOR EVERY GUN CONTROL LAW.

Legislative disarmament of civilians will eventually happen, as it always has throughout history. It will happen with the collusion of both the left and the right. The question is, how many will comply? We know the progression. We've seen it. We're seeing it now. Registration and long delays, closing registration, background checks, outlawing with grandfathering. Next is revocation of grandfathering, more outlawing, open amnesty, confiscation, extreme penalties, and incentives to rat your friends and neighbors out.

Then comes the boom. I just wonder if our nation can muster enough boom to save itself again.

I've been saying for some time these ***holes are hell-bent on revisiting April 1775.

Top Bottom