House Dems pushing SemiAutomatic Weapons ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why should we willingly give the government more power to control us? Our forefathers fought vigorously against such control by creating the Constitution.

That is why they hate the Constitution and want to get rid of it. There are a lot of mindless sheeple out there that just don't get why the Bill of Rights are so important.

Last edited:

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    So I’m not as politically savvy but with this bill and the ATF 4999 thing. Should I hold off on getting a suppressor since it puts me right in their sites I feel if they wanted to try and take stuff? most my stuff is private sales so I feel somewhat safe there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yet another Anti-2A tactic. The Brady Group files lawsuit that basically wants the AFT to classify semi-automatic rifles as a machine gun because they can easily be converted.

They will try anything to get around the Bruen decision. Go after manufactures, ban centerfire rifle ammunition such as .223/5.56, now they want the AFT to classify semi-automatic rifles as machine guns. They all need to be smacked down hard for this bull****

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    August 19, 2022
    Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting my office about your right to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand in full support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. From the time that I was elected to the United States Senate, I have supported several bills to protect the Second Amendment rights of Americans. Some of the many pieces of legislation that I have sponsored or cosponsored to guarantee the rights of law-abiding firearm owners include:

• S.2449, the Federal Firearms Licensee Protection Act of 2021, to strongly increase the penalties for stealing any Federal Firearms Licensed business inventory,
    • S. 1920, the ATF Accountability Act, of which I am the original sponsor, to allow businesses in the firearms industry to appeal rulings or determinations made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives,
    • S. 1916, the Protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act of 2021, of which I am the original sponsor, to prohibit the President or the Department of Health and Human Services from declaring emergencies or disasters for the purpose of imposing gun control and a federal from banning the manufacture, sale, or transfer of firearms or ammunition in response to a major disaster or emergency, and
    • S. 1373, the Second Amendment Mandates Equality (SAME) Act, to lower the minimum age to obtain a handgun from 21 to 18.
    I appreciate your comments, and you can rest assured that I will keep them in mind when considering any legislation that may affect your right to keep and bear arms. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

SenBraunSignature.PNG

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator

DolomiteDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2022
    Carmel
    August 19, 2022
    Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting my office about your right to keep and bear arms. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

I am an avid hunter, a National Rifle Association member, and stand in full support of the Second Amendment. In the Senate, I will oppose any efforts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners and will protect their ability to defend themselves and their families in life-threatening situations. From the time that I was elected to the United States Senate, I have supported several bills to protect the Second Amendment rights of Americans. Some of the many pieces of legislation that I have sponsored or cosponsored to guarantee the rights of law-abiding firearm owners include:

• S.2449, the Federal Firearms Licensee Protection Act of 2021, to strongly increase the penalties for stealing any Federal Firearms Licensed business inventory,
    • S. 1920, the ATF Accountability Act, of which I am the original sponsor, to allow businesses in the firearms industry to appeal rulings or determinations made by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives,
    • S. 1916, the Protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act of 2021, of which I am the original sponsor, to prohibit the President or the Department of Health and Human Services from declaring emergencies or disasters for the purpose of imposing gun control and a federal from banning the manufacture, sale, or transfer of firearms or ammunition in response to a major disaster or emergency, and
    • S. 1373, the Second Amendment Mandates Equality (SAME) Act, to lower the minimum age to obtain a handgun from 21 to 18.
    I appreciate your comments, and you can rest assured that I will keep them in mind when considering any legislation that may affect your right to keep and bear arms. It is an honor to serve as your U.S. Senator from Indiana. Please keep in touch with me on issues of concern to you. You can also follow me on Twitter or Facebook for real-time updates on my activities in the U.S. Senate. If I ever may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

SenBraunSignature.PNG

Mike Braun
    U.S. Senator
    Hopefully he opposes HR 1808. Im worried once it's introduced into the senate there will be another run on guns, ammo and magazines.

Top Bottom