House Dems pushing SemiAutomatic Weapons ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What really shows that they are going after "scary looking" firearms is the Ruger mini-14. The "tactical" version is banned by name but no other ones.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The house is pushing a bill though the Judiciary Sub Committee. This thing is Nasty - Safe Storage requirements, standard capacity mag ban, AR pistol ban.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1808/ - Link to the bill.
    How many Indiana Rinos will be voting for this?

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    I think it is the same bill that friend of china Feinstein has tried to push in the senate it list a ton of makers and different makes.It pretty much encompasses all firearms

KoreanG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2016
    Plainfield
    What's scary is that there are a small number of RINOs in the Senate that, if the bill wasn't as robust as it currently is, would have possibly voted with enough numbers to stop a filibuster. With how greedy the dems are with this one, however, there's no way it's passing the Senate. Hopefully that keeps us in the clear until the midterms, where this most likely won't happen again for some time.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What's scary is that there are a small number of RINOs in the Senate that, if the bill wasn't as robust as it currently is, would have possibly voted with enough numbers to stop a filibuster. With how greedy the dems are with this one, however, there's no way it's passing the Senate. Hopefully that keeps us in the clear until the midterms, where this most likely won't happen again for some time.
    I've had several people tell me this.
    I don't know anymore with so many Rino Republicans in office.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Ah... the Senate will save us.

I think I've seen this movie before.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It looks like the House is going to run through a bunch of test votes that they know won't get through the Senate, just to try to put the Republicans on the record as being the party of the fringe.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Biden is in PA today pushing for this to get passed. Something to note for those few left that still think compromising with these jackwagons will gain you anything.

It is also worth noting that he is in PA, pushing for gun-control, in an election year with an open Senate seat on the line. That they would even consider that a good move is not a good sign for our long-term prospects.

Gravyman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 21, 2022
    Fishers
    Biden is in PA today pushing for this to get passed. Something to note for those few left that still think compromising with these jackwagons will gain you anything.

It is also worth noting that he is in PA, pushing for gun-control, in an election year with an open Senate seat on the line. That they would even consider that a good move is not a good sign for our long-term prospects.
    All they're doing is posturing for mid-term elections. They know they're in dire straits due to the disastrous state of the country. Everyone knows an AWB will never pass in this senate. They just want to make it look like they're doing something so their short-sighted voters put them back in office.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Hopefully if it makes it through the House the Senate blocks it. My guess is it’s an attempt to motivate voters this fall.
    Do you really think Sinema, much less, Manchin, will vote for this? Or that either will vote to eliminate the filibuster for this?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We must get a lot of the same stuff in our youtuber feeds... was just about to post this. You've beat me on a couple of things.
    I'm retired.
    And instead of catching up on work around the house, I go online.

Course, I did some work this morning, so... I guess I am not TOTALLY lazy.

Top Bottom