House Dems pushing SemiAutomatic Weapons ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The House committee has approved the bill to procced to the House floor for consideration which was expected. In this video the youtuber has included an argument from Rep. Victoria Sparks (R-IN) against advancing the bill. Don't know exactly what everyone's opinion is of Victoria Sparks but in this instance, she gives a powerful speech.

There are many matters with which I disagree with Spartz.

This is not one of them.

As much as that spineless heap of dung called nadler disgusts the Hell out of me, I suspect it is a mere fraction of what it does to one with the life experience of Spartz.

nadler and his ilk can go straight to Hell.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well Deutch, since guns are so bad, all of your security has been removed.
    No officer available either.

I've noticed these legislators who work tirelessly to infringe upon the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the States always work in an exception for themselves in addition to enjoying the benefit of protection. of armed security funded by funds extorted through taxation of citizens.

Douche can go to Hell.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've noticed these legislators who work tirelessly to infringe upon the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the States always work in an exception for themselves in addition to enjoying the benefit of protection. of armed security funded by funds extorted through taxation of citizens.

Douche can go to Hell.
    One of the points Spartz mentioned.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

When questioned by GOP North Carolina Rep. Dan Bishop if Democrats dispute that the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2021,” proposes to ban guns currently in “common use” nation-wide, Nadler, chairman of the committee, replied “That’s the point of the bill.”

“So, to clarify, Mr. Chairman, you’re saying it is the point of the bill to ban weapons that are in common use in the United States today,” Bishop again asked.

“Yes,” Nadler responded, adding “The problem is that they’re in common use.”

Should have told him, thank you. You just admitted it will be turned down by the Supreme Court.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They know that though,which is why they are attacking the court.
    Let's amend the bill so that anyone packs the court, the decision to who gets nominated goes to the OPPOSITE side.
    So, if the Dems pack the court, the Repubs get to make the decision on who.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Democrats are trying to ban things that they don't even know what they're talking about. They kept on insisting that a pistol brace coupled with a buffer tube is a bump stock that turns an AR pistol into an automatic weapon. :n00b:

Then they kept doubling down on their willful ignorance spreading false information
    even after Rep. Massie (R-KY) attempts to correct them several times.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Is it too late to give the original 13 colonies to the UK? They've hit their expiration date and gone bad...

(So many reps from the old 13 seem to have gone Tory on us...)

Last edited:
    Reactions: KG1

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    So if someone was thinking of getting another AR, just because. What is the current hotness?
    Their antics and lunacy is the reason I just built two of my own - both starting life as "pistols" - both with folding braces. One now has a 16" mid-length barrel and shoulder stock (technically now an unregulated firearm, not a rifle, as it was originally a pistol). Other one remains a pistol. Didn't have any until now, and the last time I held or used an AR platform rifle was in the U.S. Army - retiring from that gig in 1997. Did it - just because - to exercise my inalienable right to do it.

John

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Not a single part of their bill would survive the current SCOTUS. This is all Kabuki Theater. It won't get the 60 vote cloture in the Senate to get it to the Senate floor, dying an ignominious death along with several other bills in January next year. I just love it when one of the committee members claims a specific rifle has no sporting or hunting use -- as if civilian firearms must be limited to only sporting or hunting uses -- ignoring what SCOTUS has said ever since its 2008 Heller Decision.

John

Last edited:
    Top Bottom