Holcomb vetoes house bill 1041 which would have stopped guys who pretend they are girls from playing girls sports in school

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It seems pretty simple to me really.

If a school or organization wants to cater to trans people offer a trans league in addition to male and female leagues. If there isn't enough to fill the team then to bad.

The schedule should be different from the other teams so they have the locker rooms to themselves and there is no overlap

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    How many genders are there? Be specific. How many genders are there? What, specifically, differentiate them? Be specific. How many genders?

giphy.gif

jk jk - this gif made me laugh

I'm not an expert on this stuff. All I know is that N >= 2. I'd highly suggest getting to know people who have gone thru their transition if you want to learn more.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm with Holcomb on this, because I like to see suburban soccer moms blowing up because their precious princess on the field.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I'm not an expert on this stuff. All I know is that N >= 2. I'd highly suggest getting to know people who have gone thru their transition if you want to learn more.
    Respectfully, I don't think the opinions and perspectives of people who can't look down and clearly see that they are men or women represent a reality-based source. That's equivalent to treating a schizophrenic person like a prophet because he hears the voice of God in his head.

Men are men, women are women, men can't become women, women can't become men. A person possessing delusions otherwise does not constitute evidence of anything beyond the fact of a person experiencing delusion.

Until a scant couple years ago, the solution to delusions was treating them as delusions and correcting them. Now we are effectively treating schizophrenia by telling schizophrenics "yes, that is God, he is telling you to send bombs to people in the mail, here's an electrical engineering textbook to help you with that".

I do not hate people who suffer from delusions, but that is what they are. Going along with it just makes reality's inevitable victory that much harder to cope with.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    I got into a monster Twitter war (I know, it's the 7th circle of hell) with someone who was either trans or a rabid trans ally. I simply indicated that it was not fair to devalue biological women (shouldn't have to preface woman or women with the term biological, but here we are) and I was particularly talking about sports. I was called bigoted, ignorant, hateful, transphobic, a hypocrite, a Trumpist, and my personal favorite, a woman hater. I told this person that prior to walking away from the Democratic plantation, I had never experienced the vitriol this a-hole was spewing at me. He kept screaming about trans women are women, and that if you disagreed, you were a bigot. There is absolutely no reasoning with these types of people.
    Just like democrats that voted for the big guy!
    They will go broke and are still fine wine there decision.
    Sad times we are living in,had to believe they cheated and got away with it.
    Everything Bidenlester has said is a big lie,and they think we are not smart enough to figure it out.
    Sad thing is,there isnt much we can do about it,except vote but that probably wont work anymore since its rigged.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just watched a piece on WTHR on this. They interviewed the father of a child that underwent gender reassignment surgery at a very young age (like age 2 or 3 I think). Personally I think that's child abuse, but he did bring up a point that made me think... His child was born male but acted like a female. He said that his "daughter" will never go through male puberty, because of the accompanying hormone treatments.

I don't know how much stock I put in that, but I suppose it's possible. Is that "male-now-female" child still going to develop like a male that transitions post-puberty?

Again, I don't agree with any of this crap, but I'm curious if it would make a difference.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    giphy.gif

I would think that the majority of people don`t want to get mired down in this cesspool of mental illness. So, no thank you.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Respectfully, I don't think the opinions and perspectives of people who can't look down and clearly see that they are men or women represent a reality-based source. That's equivalent to treating a schizophrenic person like a prophet because he hears the voice of God in his head.

Men are men, women are women, men can't become women, women can't become men. A person possessing delusions otherwise does not constitute evidence of anything beyond the fact of a person experiencing delusion.

Until a scant couple years ago, the solution to delusions was treating them as delusions and correcting them. Now we are effectively treating schizophrenia by telling schizophrenics "yes, that is God, he is telling you to send bombs to people in the mail, here's an electrical engineering textbook to help you with that".

I do not hate people who suffer from delusions, but that is what they are. Going along with it just makes reality's inevitable victory that much harder to cope with.
    Your DNA determines what sex you are, PERIOD. NOT how you "feel". All the leftie yard signs claim that they believe in science, but, clearly, they do not.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I'll reserve judgment on this til I have more facts.
    In other states that have legislatures who've made Bills like this, they were vetoed because there were deficiencies with them.
    Then the Bill was tweaked and later passed into law.
    SO I wouldn't be too quick to slam Holcomb

You are trying to be nice, but Holcomb is scum. He's raised gas taxes, given hundreds of millions to teachers unions, extended Obamacare in Indiana, extended covid emergency for federal bucks, covid mandates, covid shutdowns, the guy is literally following the democrat playbook. He's scum

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    To everyone saying "if the girls just stopped playing then this would be over". Uh no. One girl sits out, the next mentally ill Democrat will take their place and that girls life will be ruined by national media, local media, the entirety of social media, and the only ones publicly backing that girl will be on forums like this that won't matter. Even if one whole team did it to try and start the movement...... Almost zero universities will sit out. University is full of idiot young far left liberals and women's teams are filled with gay players, who would never sit out. Sorry, this must be done through government, it's one of the few things govt can do to protect a minority group (from an even smaller minority group, interestingly enough). Holcomb is disgusting. I voted rainwater, i used to be ok with Republicans. If they overturn Holcomb i would shocked. They raise taxes, gas tax, allow racism against whites to be taught in school, give surplus taxes to the teachers union, solidify Obamacare in Indiana, sorry the Republicans are worse now than Dems in my view. They put an R after their name and just do what Dems would do. I've never been this sickened with govt. And that saying a lot

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You are trying to be nice, but Holcomb is scum. He's raised gas taxes, given hundreds of millions to teachers unions, extended Obamacare in Indiana, extended covid emergency for federal bucks, covid mandates, covid shutdowns, the guy is literally following the democrat playbook. He's scum
    No, I'm not trying to be nice, and I don't give Holcomb a "blank check".
    Without knowing the specifics of this Bill he Vetoed, there may be other reasons than Holcomb bending over for the left.

A recent example, South Dakota Governor Noem Vetoed a trans Bill in 2021 because she said it had deficiencies in it.
    She was attacked for it as being soft on the issue.

Then the Bill was modified, and she signed it into law in 2022.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Just watched a piece on WTHR on this. They interviewed the father of a child that underwent gender reassignment surgery at a very young age (like age 2 or 3 I think). Personally I think that's child abuse, but he did bring up a point that made me think... His child was born male but acted like a female. He said that his "daughter" will never go through male puberty, because of the accompanying hormone treatments.

If you can find a link I’d like to see that.

The only case this ought to be allowed is actual intersex persons, where they have both genders sex organs. But even that is controversial.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    giphy.gif

Is it coincidental or when picking this GIF did you know that Daisy (on the left) has a daughter that's a competitive swimmer and thinks this "Lia" stuff is absolute BS?

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    No, I'm not trying to be nice, and I don't give Holcomb a "blank check".
    Without knowing the specifics of this Bill he Vetoed, there may be other reasons than Holcomb bending over for the left.

A recent example, South Dakota Governor Noem Vetoed a trans Bill in 2021 because she said it had deficiencies in it.
    She was attacked for it as being soft on the issue.

Then the Bill was modified, and she signed it into law in 2022.
    I'm not trying to be nice either, but I wouldn't trust him any farther than I could throw his ass.
    He's as always playing both sides of the fence just like the CC bill. Pushed that as far as he could to kill it, and when that didn't happen then signs it because he can then claim he was for it.
    He actually hung Doug Carter and Liz Brown out to dry by playing one side then the other.

Top Bottom