Holcomb vetoes house bill 1041 which would have stopped guys who pretend they are girls from playing girls sports in school

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    First and foremost, "transgender" isn't even a real thing, it's a make believe, fairyland word. A person can change their appearance, add or remove body parts, dress however they want and call themselves whatever they want, but you CANNOT genetically turn a male human being into a female. Period. End of story. Anyone who acknowledges "transgender" as a real thing believes in unicorns, Santa Claus, and thinks joe actually won the election and is a real president.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Just watched a piece on WTHR on this. They interviewed the father of a child that underwent gender reassignment surgery at a very young age (like age 2 or 3 I think). Personally I think that's child abuse, but he did bring up a point that made me think... His child was born male but acted like a female. He said that his "daughter" will never go through male puberty, because of the accompanying hormone treatments.

I don't know how much stock I put in that, but I suppose it's possible. Is that "male-now-female" child still going to develop like a male that transitions post-puberty?

Again, I don't agree with any of this crap, but I'm curious if it would make a difference.
    I read that article. They said their 3 year old knew he wasn’t supposed to have a wee wee. It’s one thing to be a freak as an adult but this child is being brainwashed by his own parents into something that’s completely wrong. Pretty sickening.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    A person can change their appearance, add or remove body parts, dress however they want and call themselves whatever they want, but you CANNOT genetically turn a male human being into a female. Period. End of story.
    byhfxq9.jpg

First thing I thought of since I love this meme. But joking again, @Ahap you unintentionally described transgender people perfectly.

Transgender people aren't trying to genetically turn into another gender.

They are changing their appearance, dressing how they want, and calling themselves what they want. some do add or remove body parts. (Though curtesy on that last one is to talk about it as often as you ask your father in law if his penis curves to the left or right.) And some do take chemical/hormone treatments to effect their appearance, voice, etc. Everything you described is the core of what presentation of gender is about. Like, you hit the nail on the head.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just watched a piece on WTHR on this. They interviewed the father of a child that underwent gender reassignment surgery at a very young age (like age 2 or 3 I think). Personally I think that's child abuse, but he did bring up a point that made me think... His child was born male but acted like a female. He said that his "daughter" will never go through male puberty, because of the accompanying hormone treatments.

I don't know how much stock I put in that, but I suppose it's possible. Is that "male-now-female" child still going to develop like a male that transitions post-puberty?

Again, I don't agree with any of this crap, but I'm curious if it would make a difference.
    Surgery or therapy?

There's a big difference, but both have terrible long term effects.

Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    byhfxq9.jpg

First thing I thought of since I love this meme. But joking again, @Ahap you unintentionally described transgender people perfectly.

Transgender people aren't trying to genetically turn into another gender.

They are changing their appearance, dressing how they want, and calling themselves what they want. some do add or remove body parts. (Though curtesy on that last one is to talk about it as often as you ask your father in law if his penis curves to the left or right.) And some do take chemical/hormone treatments to effect their appearance, voice, etc. Everything you described is the core of what presentation of gender is about. Like, you hit the nail on the head.
    You must fall into the category I described in the last sentence that you conveniently did not include. Have fun waiting on the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    First and foremost, "transgender" isn't even a real thing, it's a make believe, fairyland word. A person can change their appearance, add or remove body parts, dress however they want and call themselves whatever they want, but you CANNOT genetically turn a male human being into a female. Period. End of story. Anyone who acknowledges "transgender" as a real thing believes in unicorns, Santa Claus, and thinks joe actually won the election and is a real president.

They make it real with this legislation.

That's the problem, we can laugh at it all we want but in the end we're just ceding power to pedophiles to groom school kids.

It's pedophilia masking it's self behind a social cause. I've seen enough of it and met enough people who claim to be "trans" to know what it's really about.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    They make it real with this legislation.

That's the problem, we can laugh at it all we want but in the end we're just ceding power to pedophiles to groom school kids.

It's pedophilia masking it's self behind a social cause. I've seen enough of it and met enough people who claim to be "trans" to know what it's really about.
    You call it pedophelia, but I think it’s worse than that.

These people are deranged and should be removed from society one way or another...and I think ‘another’ is probably the best way to deal with them.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not trying to be nice either, but I wouldn't trust him any farther than I could throw his ass.
    He's as always playing both sides of the fence just like the CC bill. Pushed that as far as he could to kill it, and when that didn't happen then signs it because he can then claim he was for it.
    He actually hung Doug Carter and Liz Brown out to dry by playing one side then the other.
    A lot of truth in what you say.
    But given the choice between Holcomb and Woody Myers, which are the only two who had any chance of winning, Myers would've been even worse.
    As much as is wrong with Holcomb, I'd still vote for him over Myers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A lot of truth in what you say.
    But given the choice between Holcomb and Woody Myers, which are the only two who had any chance of winning, Myers would've been even worse.
    As much as is wrong with Holcomb, I'd still vote for him over Myers.
    A sad but true statement.
    The lesser of two serious evils.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I read that article. They said their 3 year old knew he wasn’t supposed to have a wee wee. It’s one thing to be a freak as an adult but this child is being brainwashed by his own parents into something that’s completely wrong. Pretty sickening.
    I finally found the video. I may have been mistaken about gender reassignment surgery. It's not clear the way they word it. Still don't agree with it, and I get the impression that her parents (at least her father) may have influenced her behavior.

Ironhippie

Go Navy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Avon
    Democrats are so dramatic and FOS. Im surprised he didnt say.......By not signing this bill, if one life is saved it was worth not signing.

Mike Schmuhl, chair of the Indiana Democratic Party, said the bill would have "put the lives of our children in jeopardy" How is that exactly?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Two things:

This is a mental illness. A man telling everyone they are a woman does not make it so. Even surgeries and hormone therapies don't change that. I've watched interviews with people who have had gender reassignment surgery only to regret it later when they realized that it didn't help. They had temporary relief, then were back to having the same issues of not feeling comfortable in their own skin. They now advocate therapy to treat the mental illness.

Secondly, as mentioned, there are changes that biological males go through that give them an advantage over women in physical sports. Why do you think that the males who transition who were middling at best athletes when competing against their biological sex are suddenly superstars when they compete against women? This is vastly unfair to the biological women they are competing against. They are not women. No matter how many drugs they take or if they remove body parts, they were born male and nothing can ever change that. There is absolutely no reason to let these people compete against women. They can compete against each other if they want as that would be the only "fair" way for them to compete. Or they can compete against those of the same biological sex. Anything else is just a travesty.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I finally found the video. I may have been mistaken about gender reassignment surgery. It's not clear the way they word it. Still don't agree with it, and I get the impression that her parents (at least her father) may have influenced her behavior.

They never mentioned surgery, just that they will put the child on puberty blockers. Which if they actually read ALL the literature, they would know a greater number of children desist from their confusion as they grow older.

One has to wonder how much of their child’s behavior is inmate, how much is coached and how much performance for parental approval. And the impact of the parents have immense impact on their children. I’ve read a number of cases where “daddy wanted a girl” was a reason for a child’s behavior.

Being a Tom boy doesn’t make a girl a boy and being a Nancy girl doesn’t make a boy a girl.

The role one plays in society doesn’t change your genetics.

Here is a pretty comprehensive report that I’ll have to dive into when I am on my laptop.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom