• ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Worst end of days ever! (Comic Book Guy voice)

No zombies.

No portal to hell.

No massive crowds.

Not even a bunch of wrecks from people staring at the moon while driving.

The eclipse was pretty cool though. Eerie how everything went dark in the middle of the afternoon. Looked like a scene from a horror movie.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool.

Perfect conditions here for it.

Noticeable temperature drop and now back to hot.

I’m glad I took the day off. Watching it with my wife much better than watching it with the folks from work.

Don’t know about traffic since we are at home, but Google maps is all green.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I didn't hear anyone telling people to stay home. :dunno: Quite the contrary. They were advertising all the viewing sites around the state.

I read into things. You're right. No outright statement to stay home for Indiana that I could find.

In the past, a "state of emergency" I've usually associated with the idea of staying home and off of the roads. It was a Pavlovian response......and carryover from Ohio: . . . officials in Summit County, Ohio warned residents to "stay home," . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/i...-to-state-for-total-solar-eclipse/ar-BB1kTBSc

It is not normal to cancel school and work (for some people) for an astronomical event.

Overreaction. The boy who cried wolf.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It is not normal to cancel school and work (for some people) for an astronomical event.
    It's not normal to have a total solar eclipse. The last one in Indiana was August 7, 1869.

And of course, visible astronomical events generally happen at night. And absolutely none of them rival a total solar eclipse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When you are concerned with student safety (good luck getting them to not look up) because dismissal coincides with the event time.

So they were concerned with student safety due to the timing. If it had happened at noon, they'd issue glasses and make it a field trip.

So stop reading into it. Its only an emergency in so much as they can only get the dollars/aid if its an emergency.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    When you are concerned with student safety (good luck getting them to not look up) because dismissal coincides with the event time.

So they were concerned with student safety due to the timing. If it had happened at noon, they'd issue glasses and make it a field trip.

So stop reading into it. Its only an emergency in so much as they can only get the dollars/aid if its an emergency.

You don't get to control my thoughts. I'll read into what I want.

You completely missed the point: that I was admitting to making a mistake and read into things. Amazing that you completely ignored me telling DD that he was right. It seems you also completely missed me giving the back story on why I (mistakenly) read into that. Reading comprehension fail on your part this time. :ugh:

You also cannot just say the magic word (safety) and have everyone docilely go along with anything.

Normalcy bias is a real thing.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I will say that it was VERY COOL to see, I'm glad I saw it. It has been a quiet evening on the East Side for us. It was ALL HANDS ON DECK but we sent all the extra help home at 5pm, there just wasn't anything going on. I watched it with some of my coworkers and our Chaplain and I could see how this could be a spiritual moment. Almost breath taking when it was at full eclipse.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    My main point was in reference to "it gets dark here every day. I see dark every day. Same diff." No. No its not. They may both be meat, but are totally different. You cant say you've had one and so you've had both.
    I saw it. It was the single most anti-climactic moment of my life. I was expecting nothing. I got it. In spades. The Sponge Bob episode was way better.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw it. It was the single most anti-climactic moment of my life. I was expecting nothing. I got it. In spades. The Sponge Bob episode was way better.
    Found your new avatar. LOL :stickpoke:

iu

Top Bottom