• ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    One of the exemptions in this order is:

"Individuals who are unable to wear a mask or face covering for a physical, medical, or health-related reason."

My questions are:

1. What are the acceptable physical, medical, or health-related reasons?

2. Who determines what the acceptable physical, medical, or health-related reasons are?

3. What is the process for exercising such an exemption? Does simply stating that you have such a reason exempt you from the mandate, or is it something that will require time, money, and effort to provide a defense in a legal proceeding?

I think the exemption is so ambiguous that a judge would not take kindly to such a case being prosecuted.

I believe I read that asthma can be used as a reason to not wear a mask, since it’s a breathing issue. Obviously, somebody can’t determine if you have asthma or not without checking medical records, so I would say this is just a feel good “look what I did” scheme. Especially when you consider anybody with a breathing disorder should be more cautious to prevent catching a lung virus than those without. Doesn’t make much sense, but hey, you get what you vote for

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I would think anyone willing to put pineapple on a pizza would want a mask to hide their face.

HEY! I'm proud of my Hawaiian pizza!

attachment.php

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

HEY! I'm proud of my Hawaiian pizza!

attachment.php

Man. I was going to back you up, but then you had to go with the BBQ sauce. And about the cheese. You call that little cheese "garnish" on top, "cheese"??? Hell, I'd put more parmesan and crushed red pepper on it than that little sprinkle of cheese. And I had such high hopes. :(

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's probably for the best.

I kind of understand an unenforced mandate. You'll probably go from 30% compliance to 85% because a whole lot of decent folks who are fence sitters (i.e. myself) will move from the "no mask camp" to "ok, sure camp". Herd mentality and all that jazz.

Plus, it lets a who bunch of people bemoan (the wafer thin) tyranny while still doing (arguably) the right thing.
    People always roll over for tyranny.
    Standing up for what's right and against it is just too hard. People want their lives to go on with no other problems to worry about.
    Sad. No, its shameful.

I will not be forced to wear a mask. I dare mayor fancy pants to come give me a ticket in his city if I'm forced to be there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So because there's people not doing it right, it's pointless and dumb?

I guess like most things, it depends.

999 people doing it right, and 1 not, sounds like a good policy.

500 people doing it right, and 500 not, sounds pretty silly.

At which point (or percentage) is the threshold?
    All I know is, I see MOST people with it around their neck, or with the nose exposed so they can breath through the nose.
    Actually, that's MOST people, when I see the masks being used.
    Since I only see that at the doctors, and the servers at restaurants, and most of my time is spent at work where NO ONE wears them, it seems pretty pointless.
    The docs and nurses, good technique and good percentage, ALMOST perfect in fact.
    the waiting rooms, oh hell, I bet 50 percent usage would be an OVER estimation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Standing up for what's right and against it is just too hard. People want their lives to go on with no other problems to worry about.
    Sad. No, its shameful.

I will not be forced to wear a mask. I dare mayor fancy pants to come give me a ticket in his city if I'm forced to be there.

TT, nobody's gonna give you a ticket. If anyone is fined, it'll be businesses, and as Denny "Denny'd" earlier (might have been the other mask thread), it's going to be a County Health Department issue, not a criminal issue.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    I believe I read that asthma can be used as a reason to not wear a mask, since it’s a breathing issue. Obviously, somebody can’t determine if you have asthma or not without checking medical records, so I would say this is just a feel good “look what I did” scheme. Especially when you consider anybody with a breathing disorder should be more cautious to prevent catching a lung virus than those without. Doesn’t make much sense, but hey, you get what you vote for

I haven't been wearing a mask, and I'm going to continue going about my business without wearing one, even in the face of this order.

Actually, I've worn one exactly one time, to buy a birthday present for my wife, because I really had no choice. I had a difficult time with it, but I pushed through and was near passing out by the time I exited.

But to try grocery shopping for an hour? No way. Couldn't do it. I'll take my chances with the virus rather than dying of asphyxiation with a pack of Chips Ahoy in my hand. ;)

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    I haven't been wearing a mask, and I'm going to continue going about my business without wearing one, even in the face of this order.

Actually, I've worn one exactly one time, to buy a birthday present for my wife, because I really had no choice. I had a difficult time with it, but I pushed through and was near passing out by the time I exited.

But to try grocery shopping for an hour? No way. Couldn't do it. I'll take my chances with the virus rather than dying of asphyxiation with a pack of Chips Ahoy in my hand. ;)
    Amen!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess like most things, it depends.

999 people doing it right, and 1 not, sounds like a good policy.

500 people doing it right, and 500 not, sounds pretty silly.

At which point (or percentage) is the threshold?
    All I know is, I see MOST people with it around their neck, or with the nose exposed so they can breath through the nose.
    Actually, that's MOST people, when I see the masks being used.
    Since I only see that at the doctors, and the servers at restaurants, and most of my time is spent at work where NO ONE wears them, it seems pretty pointless.
    The docs and nurses, good technique and good percentage, ALMOST perfect in fact.
    the waiting rooms, oh hell, I bet 50 percent usage would be an OVER estimation.

They're just protesting. (from the Vauhxx Booker protests in Bloomington). It's perfectly safe.

iu

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

No worries. I'm sure an employee would put the Chips Ahoy back on the shelf for someone else to enjoy.:cool:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Man. I was going to back you up, but then you had to go with the BBQ sauce. And about the cheese. You call that little cheese "garnish" on top, "cheese"??? Hell, I'd put more parmesan and crushed red pepper on it than that little sprinkle of cheese. And I had such high hopes. :(

That pic was for "dramatic effect". And how could you not like Ron Swanson brand BBQ sauce?

The post baking:

attachment.php

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I wore a mask into the grocery store when all of this first began, because they made it sound like the plague and I didn’t wanna risk it. Now that we know more about it, I haven’t wore it anywhere other than a doctors visit. But, I also started ordering groceries online and doing the curbside pickup, and other than work I don’t really go anywhere right now. Usually come home and float around the pool with a cold one browsing ingo or listening to the radio. This virus really screwed our summer up, but I’m kinda enjoying it

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sad. No, its shameful.

Tyranny is in the eyes of the beholder. Always has been; it's never been black and white.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They're just protesting. (from the Vauhxx Booker protests in Bloomington). It's perfectly safe.

iu

Ugh. don't even get me started on public speakers.

I seem to remember when I was a shiny new watchstander in training, being told "you don't need to face the person you are talking to. Face the control panel at all times. Just speak louder, and more clearly. If you are wearing an EAB, OAB, or MK5 gas mask, same thing. Louder and clearly.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    No worries. I'm sure an employee would put the Chips Ahoy back on the shelf for someone else to enjoy.:cool:

And they'll probably sanitize the package before they put it back on the shelf, because I obviously died of COVID. Well, not the virus, but the preventative measures. But it's stil going to be COVID related death.:sheep:

Top Bottom