Help! I bought bad ammo from a police officer!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I always thought selling reloaded ammunition was a no-no. The maker of the ammunition is responsible for any damages to the person and persons property. Isn't that why it requires an FFL(6 I believe?)? And most likely a pretty good insurance policy?

If he made any profit off of the ammo then the seller is basically producing ammunition without a license and is subject to federal charges. I believe the ATF would highly frown upon hearing someone is producing ammunition without the proper licensing and selling it. I'm sure they would be irritated to hear the ammo is potentially dangerous to the shooter.

The OP stated that the person he did the trade with wasn't the person who reloaded the ammunition. There are vendors at the Indy 1500 who sells reloads. If I purchase a box of reloads from them then turn around and sell it am I committing a crime?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    The OP stated that the person he did the trade with wasn't the person who reloaded the ammunition. There are vendors at the Indy 1500 who sells reloads. If I purchase a box of reloads from them then turn around and sell it am I committing a crime?

Ah, I missed the part where he said the person he did the trade with wasn't the person who reloaded the ammo. :yesway:

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I'm a Jedi Master and have some lightsabers to sell to you....trust me, they're good.... LOL I don't believe anyone without some type of proof and even then, people will do just about anything for a dollar.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The OP doesn't even know for sure that the seller is in fact a police officer, but he comes here and flames ALL cops and lumps all of them in with David Bissard. Wtf?!

Also you expect the guy to get back with you within 8 hours and when he doesn't you fire off this thread. Wow! I'm sure a lot of people don't live on the Internet or email. When I travel sometimes I'm offline for a few days just to take a break. I might not even answer my cell. Maybe that guy is the same, or maybe he was selling you that stuff for extra cash to go on vacation the next day?

Word of advise. Don't trust anyone you don't know especially someone that is trying to get money from you. A badge, a ffl license, a white collar and a funny hat. None of those things make a person honest. There are bad people in every walk of life. And just because you have a bad experience with one (not verified) it isn't wise to flame all people in that line of work.
    By reading your posts in this thread it doesn't sound like your that old or have much life experience. I hope you can learn from this instance and also this forum. You certainly didn't do yourself any favors by posting this thread in the manner you did.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    I'm with the CIA, the FBI, the DEA, a DDS and part time CPA

Ill sell you the blue prints to Area 51 and ill make sure you are exempt from paying taxes for the rest of your life. All While you have minty fresh breath!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nothing to add... I just want it noted that "I was here" and have read every post up to now. It seems I'm a glutton for punishment.

-J-

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'm a Jedi Master and have some lightsabers to sell to you....trust me, they're good.... LOL I don't believe anyone without some type of proof and even then, people will do just about anything for a dollar.

PM SENT - I'LL TAKE EM ALL!!

Some critics are helpful others make it their life's work to be total jerks. Stick around most here are well being.

Who's well being?
    :scratch:

Top Bottom