• Status
    Not open for further replies.

FWRealtor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have been viewing the classifieds over the past couple of weeks and readings some post and thought I would join in. I am a Realtor in Fort Wayne and surrounding county's. I am in the market for my first gun, due to some of the new work I have been doing. I have been providing my Real Estate knowledge to several banks and doing Broker Price Opinions for them on pre-forclosed homes. This requires me to drive by subject homes and take several pictures and at other times I am required to enter these homes and take pictures and assess the amount of damage and repairs needed. Most times these are abandoned homes and I have no idea what I am walking into, or who may stop by while I am in these homes working. Loosing a home to foreclosure is a very stressful and personal matter and I could find myself being the target of their anger, even though I have nothing to do with their present circumstances... So to say the least I would feel much more secure if I had a weapon at my side. My only experience is shooting a few boxes on a couple of occasions at H&H with my brother who has a Colt 1911. I think a .45 is overkill and am considering a 9mm for its value and afford ability. I am very picky. I love the looks of the Springfield XD's and other comparable models. What are some of your thoughts? Thanks for having me.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome!

Stroll on over to the Handguns section and you'll get lots of options there.

You really sound the perfect canidate for some quality hardware.

Now for the software, head on over to the Tactics and Training forum. Highly recommended!

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    :welcome:
    The 9mm platform will be adequate; more important, as some others have said, is to get some training with whatever firearm you choose!

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Yes, Welcome...!!!

Spend as much time as you can at the range practicing with what ever firearm you choose. Do some asking around there at H&H if there is still classes on self defense, I know they used to sponsor classes at one time but not sure if they still do. Another fun thing to get into for just pure training on good trigger and sight control is bullseye league. I think there is a new class starting in March sometime... check it out...!!!

Scott

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom