Head of NAACP in WA lied about her race.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

BECOME A MINORITY IN THIS ONE EASY STEP!

N070XQq.jpg
    Orange is not an ethnic shade ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

BECOME A MINORITY IN THIS ONE EASY STEP!

spray-tan-before-and-after.jpg

N070XQq.jpg

Putting this story to the side, for decades we have witnessed a great number of people who spend money to lighten/darken skin; enlarge/reduce lips and buttocks; straighten/curl hair; and even change eye color. Why is this phenomenon so popular and has gone without a blip on the radar? We have several tanning beds not too far from my house and the gyms are full of women doing hundreds of squats, looking to achieve a larger butt. Now, back to the story, if she hadn't lied, but simply said that she sees herself as a Black woman, would that be acceptable? Or is it better to just go for the look and not talk about the goal?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Putting this story to the side, for decades we have witnessed a great number of people who spend money to lighten/darken skin; enlarge/reduce lips and buttocks; straighten/curl hair; and even change eye color. Why is this phenomenon so popular and has gone without a blip on the radar? We have several tanning beds not too far from my house and the gyms are full of women doing hundreds of squats, looking to achieve a larger butt. Now, back to the story, if she hadn't lied, but simply said that she sees herself as a Black woman, would that be acceptable? Or is it better to just go for the look and not talk about the goal?
    For me it's the lie. Look how you want, work where you want. Developing an entire false family/persona is still her business. However, don't use those lies to your benefit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The "gender is a social construct" has a faith-based position that is untestable by reliable scientific methods.

Race is more of social construct than gender. My mother and sister would be considered white in most of Africa, and all of Brazil.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For me it's the lie. Look how you want, work where you want. Developing an entire false family/persona is still her business. However, don't use those lies to your benefit.

I'd agree with this. But I know the woman nor her motives. There has certainly been numerous cases of blacks passing as whites.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was about to ask the same thing.

"She claims to have been a victim of nine hate crimes" Which... in her context, would be untrue.

"She shouted 'We shall overcome' during a rally in Spokane. It was held after she claimed she had received a racist and threatening package" We, as in black people? Or we, as in society? Probably safe to assume she was speaking as a black woman at that time.

"Her main dislike (of the film "The Help") stemmed from all the money Kathryn Stockett, the author of the novel and a white woman, made off of this book and film. "Follow the money trail," Dolezal said. "A white woman makes millions off of a black woman's story." Animosity against a white woman, when she is also a white woman.

The rest is still under investigation. She used her "identity" as a black woman to make claims against so-called "racists"

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    How is this any different then Bruce Jenner being whatever it wants to be?
    Is this lady also a "hero"?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I guess my concern would be one of the damage her presence could cause by denying someone else who has what I will call an "internal perspective" of a social subculture.

Being white or black or Jewish or Christian or Muslim while on a board or in a group is fine, so long as it is known up front that that is who you are. Yet I am certain that many folks in these groups would want people in certain leadership positions or in oversight positions such as she is on a police oversight committee.

As an analogy, I could study Jewish history. I could get a doctorate in Jewish history. I could join, if accepted, an [STRIKE]antisemitic[/STRIKE] anti-defamation group here in Indiana. Yet for all of my book knowledge, study, and empathy I have no experience with family members who received numbered tattoos on their arms. That experience is solely in the realm of those who were born into it and have deep intrinsic knowledge and perception of such an experience. So IF I took a position with an [STRIKE]antisemitic[/STRIKE] anti-defamation organization passing myself off Jewish I am not I would possibly be denying that position to someone who could bring a lifetime of experience and intuition to the discussion. This is exactly what Ms. Dolezal may have done. That, to me, is reprehensible.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom