• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just because it was seen by me in early the early 2000s...does not mean it wasn't also seen by a youthful BBI earlier than that as well...time is like a river....

Remember the wise words of Robert E Lee's great grandson Bruce....

View attachment 332382
    Funny how all 3 of those imply drinking but Bruce never made the connection to the next stage of the water....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At some point in your life going out for breakfast is a pleasant, leisurely event. It's even better with friends. Serving coffee extra hot ceases to be an effective strategy.:)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Or you just request a courtesy cup of ice. Thats what us big brained folks do. Or if I remember, I bring some ice from home. When Mrs Monkey and I go grocery shopping on Saturday AMs we make a run through the Dunkin drive thru on the way. Since I like to be able to drink my coffee when I get it, a cube or 2 gets it down to sippable temps quickly.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just because it was seen by me in early the early 2000s...does not mean it wasn't also seen by a youthful BBI earlier than that as well...time is like a river....

I thought it had went out of business by then, though. That Hardee's shut down and I think it's currently a (possibly also out of business?) pawn shop.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    And then the question becomes . . .
    What is the current price of a cup of McD coffee in Hawaii, after the lawsuit from long ago upended their cost savings strategy and low price, and has their latest State Supreme Court ruling affected that price, raising it, as customers cannot carry any firearms at McD to protect themselves from the nefarious who would rob McD and them when attempting to buy the coffee?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I thought it had went out of business by then, though. That Hardee's shut down and I think it's currently a (possibly also out of business?) pawn shop.

We moved to White street in about 1998...the Hardee's on 31 was still open at that time and had the cups on the wall...I know it closed not long after we moved there.....which bummed me out...but we still had Marianne's pancakes.....for a while anyway lol....

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And then the question becomes . . .
    What is the current price of a cup of McD coffee in Hawaii, after the lawsuit from long ago upended their cost savings strategy and low price, and has their latest State Supreme Court ruling affected that price, raising it, as customers cannot carry any firearms at McD to protect themselves from the nefarious who would rob McD and them when attempting to buy the coffee?

If you're drinking McD's coffee in the land of Kona coffee, you already got robbed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And I suspect much like Indiana restaurants dont get yummy indiana tomatoes when they are in season, I doubt McDs there are getting the good beans either.

Franchise consistency is consistent, for good or ill. I did get an ice cream at McD's there, though. One of those 10pm drive through last minute deals when you figure the machine has a 70/30 chance of being down so you've got the gambler's anticipation as you enter the queue.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Franchise consistency is consistent, for good or ill. I did get an ice cream at McD's there, though. One of those 10pm drive through last minute deals when you figure the machine has a 70/30 chance of being down so you've got the gambler's anticipation as you enter the queue.
    My wife has threatened to put a tomato in her purse and order a BLT hold the T and put her own slice on it. LOL

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    My wife has threatened to put a tomato in her purse and order a BLT hold the T and put her own slice on it. LOL

I'm reminded of the infamous "Five Easy Pieces" diner scene in which Jack Nicholson attempts to order a breakfast with substitutions.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hot coffee spills that require skin grafting to remedy is not just 'hot coffee'. What's the legal limit on how close you can set a pot of boiling water to a toddler? Right. "There's no legal limit" isn't a valid argument against creating a condition you know, or should know, creates a substantial risk of severe injury. You're obviously free to believe it's mere frivolity when coffee requires a multiple day hospital stay to recover from, but I think you'll find little company there.
    So the buyer has no responsibility for 'creating a condition you know, or should know, creates a substantial risk of severe injury'? It wasn't McDonalds that made him put a container of very hot liquid between his legs and then remove the lid

Should I also put you down as a fan of required warnings to not reach into the whirling blades of your lawnmower while it's running? Seems like 'personal responsibility' should be, you know, more 'personal'

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So the buyer has no responsibility for 'creating a condition you know, or should know, creates a substantial risk of severe injury'? It wasn't McDonalds that made him put a container of very hot liquid between his legs and then remove the lid

Should I also put you down as a fan of required warnings to not reach into the whirling blades of your lawnmower while it's running? Seems like 'personal responsibility' should be, you know, more 'personal'
    I realize you are a bit late to this one, but go look at it again.

I imagine this played a large part in them losing.
    Other documents obtained from McDonald's showed that from 1982 to 1992 the company had received more than 700 reports of people burned by McDonald's coffee to varying degrees of severity, and had settled claims arising from scalding injuries for more than $500,000.[12] McDonald's quality control manager, Christopher Appleton, testified that this number of injuries was insufficient to cause the company to evaluate its practices. He argued that all foods hotter than 130 °F (54 °C) constituted a burn hazard, and that restaurants had more pressing dangers to worry about. The plaintiffs argued that Appleton conceded that McDonald's coffee would burn the mouth and throat if consumed when served.[12][23]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I've limited interest in repeating myself and none in entertaining your most recent strawman setup. Believe as you will.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Have any of you read the documentation that usually comes with your water heater?

Deep Second degree burn chart_edited.jpg copy.jpg

So, given that information, would you put an open container full of even a beverage served at 155 - 185 °F between your legs

The real problem was McDonalds has deep pockets and a record of paying out claims for that 'problem'. Target of opportunity

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Have any of you read the documentation that usually comes with your water heater?

View attachment 332548

So, given that information, would you put an open container full of even a beverage served at 155 - 185 °F between your legs

The real problem was McDonalds has deep pockets and a record of paying out claims for that 'problem'. Target of opportunity
    What is the recommended brewing temperature for Foldgers?

Top Bottom