• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What does a baby dying have to do with our national security, our military's strength, our economy, our global relations... etc?

Should we just throw it all away and collapse ourselves as a nation any time someone dies anywhere? Why does this one impact you so much more than one in China, or one in Africa? Yeah it's a terrible situation, but it's not something a carrier strike group is going to fix, all it can do is create more dead people.
    I have a sneaking suspicion that it's about more than a baby dying.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Outrage does not mean we need to send our people to fight and die for another nation.

Nor does it mean we need to ignore all domestic issues, the debt, and send all of our wealth to the other side of a planet because something terrible happened in front of cameras this time.

It's fine to be outraged, but to demand to go back to the sandbox after having fought there for over 20 years and finally getting our people home, is insane.
    This administration isn’t doing anything that improves our debt circumstances now. Why be concerned about funds that won’t be used to lessen the debt anyway? Our wealth has been funneled overseas for over 50 years. Why is it a priority to fix now? No one is willing to allow for true transparency and accountability and force the government to abide anyway. Daily outrage at what is not being made a priority is nothing more than 15 minute talking points to justify personal huff n puff.

I see siding with Israel as part of the fulfillment of the Bible. I will take my chances with my eternity and stand firmly with Israel even if I am wrong.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It’s a direct response to your post, which I quoted.

I think you're under the impression that propaganda = false.

I'm not saying it's fake or false, I'm saying it's leveraged to make people do and support things they otherwise wouldn't. Whether it's true or not has little to no bearing on the power it has and the actions it can cause people to take.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I see siding with Israel as part of the fulfillment of the Bible. I will take my chances with my eternity and stand firmly with Israel even if I am wrong.

And I firmly believe if someone is of this opinion, they should immigrate to Israel and enlist. Not direct our foreign policy to achieve the same ends with no personal risk.

I said the same thing with Ukraine. I do not like foreign allegiances deciding what we do.

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think you're under the impression that propaganda = false.

I'm not saying it's fake or false, I'm saying it's leveraged to make people do and support things they otherwise wouldn't. Whether it's true or not has little to no bearing on the power it has and the actions it can cause people to take.
    No, but the Iraqi incubator story was false, and by conflating the two I took it that you were implying this was as well.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Opened my browser to blatant media bias and unintentional irony right on my home page

Ya know... you wouldn't feel so unsafe if ya hadn't allowed barbarians to exist among you.

Hey ABC, who's the source giving you those casualty figures?... oh, the guys who harbored terrorists? Sounds like a reliable source.

1696979385308.png

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    soon enough you trump supporting terrorists will know what it's like being backed into a corner with nothing left to do but fight
    interview-step-brothers.gif

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Opened my browser to blatant media bias and unintentional irony right on my home page

Ya know... you wouldn't feel so unsafe if ya hadn't allowed barbarians to exist among you.

Hey ABC, who's the source giving you those casualty figures?... oh, the guys who harbored terrorists? Sounds like a reliable source.

View attachment 304618
    Women and children being paraded in the press is more profitable.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    So...this is all a ruse?

Of course not...but it is reasonable to take the real-time reporting with a grain of salt, we have all seen the media run with a false narrative in the moment, only to quietly retract themselves once the fog of war has cleared.

The Zionist propaganda machine has been hard at work for over a hundred years now…they aren’t entirely clueless, and they are certainly providing some of the “reporting“ that gets to us over here.

The problem isn’t one of justification…that’s simple: the Israelis are absolutely justified in their immediate response to the Islamist aggression. The problem is a long-term one…for every islamist they kill today, two will take their place tomorrow, and in a few years some other spot just on the other side of the Israeli border will look exactly like Gaza did last week.

…and that’s not even addressing the clusterfuck of territories and fiefdoms that make up the West Bank, or the whole Jerusalem problem.

It’s simple to start wars there. The complicated part is figuring out how to end them before they result in genocide.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While it's not in many history books, no less that George Marshall went to Harry Truman with a part of Operation Olympic that involved the use of poison gas on the Japanese home islands. Uncertain if the atomic bomb would work, and with Curt Lemay burning Japanese cities to the ground every week, Marshall was looking to reduce US casualties. There was also a material developed called TN8 that would have wiped out rice as a crop, something the Japanese used heavily in their diet.

In some respects the nuclear annihilation of two cities might have been a better alternative to a future Japan rather than a place where even the insects were dead.

Genocide is both a horrid and easy concept, we've been there before, just like the Romans and Carthage.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    While it's not in many history books, no less that George Marshall went to Harry Truman with a part of Operation Olympic that involved the use of poison gas on the Japanese home islands. Uncertain if the atomic bomb would work, and with Curt Lemay burning Japanese cities to the ground every week, Marshall was looking to reduce US casualties. There was also a material developed called TN8 that would have wiped out rice as a crop, something the Japanese used heavily in their diet.

In some respects the nuclear annihilation of two cities might have been a better alternative to a future Japan rather than a place where even the insects were dead.

Genocide is both a horrid and easy concept, we've been there before, just like the Romans and Carthage.
    Why is genocide being brought up? The only ones Israel is going after is Hamas and other terrorist groups. If 75% of Gaza are in these groups and do not surrender how is that genocide?

Top Bottom